The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Cute Little Babies

I just don't get how Transformers are created. After the first movie, I just thought the Allspark randomly created new Transformers, and they their race was doomed because it was now gone.

But with Revenge of the Fallen, it seems that baby transformers (or protoforms, I forgot what Starscream called them) are still around and they just need energon to "grow up" into "adult" Transformers.

How were these babies made in the first place? How do they get sparks, if they have any?

It's easy to say Transformers come from protoforms, but where do protoforms come from?

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: Cute Little Babies

No idea man. The whole thing was really stupid. Does Michael Bay even know what a robot is? Why would a robot need to be inside fluids to grow anyway? And how does metal grow?

Michael Bay's mind is filled with explosions, U.S army and boobs apparently.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies

Starscream called them hatchlings which i hated, in the transformers mythos they are called protoforms.

DemonicFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
dark_b
Side-Kick

on earth with every machine they could create a transformer. the robots look would depend on the machine. on cybertron i guess they control how the robots would look. their ''protoform''

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
The Guard
Side-Kick

The fluid is Energon.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
thewhyteman
I got yer side-kick

Well I am assuming in Bay's universe it has something to do with robots sex.
Transformers hump, impregnate with energon and walla! "hatchings"

Kevin Feige is a raging D-Bag.....I'm just sayin'.
thewhyteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

I didn't mind the scene at all.

It just looked like a desperate way to "grow" Decepticon allies for the Fallen, which failed. So, in that sense, it's kinda cool...to only add more hatred against Prime and Sam(who destroyed the AllSpark and transferred the information).

And the liquid could've been a "substitute" for Energon, and also, the Fallen was hooked up with tubes, so he could've been "supplying" Energon, or a little part of it to create the "hatchlings", as he is pretty powerful in a sense as he's the first of their kind.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

And now we know why there are female Transformers.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
ironman29758
Side-Kick

In the first transformers movie, Optimus Prime recovered a peice of the all spark from Megatron's chest when the rest was destroyed and he did call any remaining autobots to come to earth at the end. wow I just made sense of a michael bay movie. I'm scared.

Last edited by ironman29758; 06-29-2009 at 01:57 PM.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #10
Nibune
Side-Kick

lets not forget as we've seen protoforms are essentially TF bodies with no distinct features, and can lack a spark

Hatchings, yes could be the way TF's reproduce, some form of egg with energon casing

the debate of the allspark i think is not that it's the only thing that canmake new transformers, but it was a power source and has the ability to heal the cybernetic planet, not just for making new TFs basically

Frankly the creators NEVER truly explained reproduction, and only not until Beast Wars did we get a moderate way to explain their origins, ie protoforms.

I don't blame Bay for "hatchlings" AT ALL since TF creators never solified their own version themseleves, good for him to try

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibune View Post
lets not forget as we've seen protoforms are essentially TF bodies with no distinct features, and can lack a spark

Hatchings, yes could be the way TF's reproduce, some form of egg with energon casing

the debate of the allspark i think is not that it's the only thing that canmake new transformers, but it was a power source and has the ability to heal the cybernetic planet, not just for making new TFs basically

Frankly the creators NEVER truly explained reproduction, and only not until Beast Wars did we get a moderate way to explain their origins, ie protoforms.

I don't blame Bay for "hatchlings" AT ALL since TF creators never solified their own version themseleves, good for him to try

The all spark was the source of creation, but it doesn't mean it's the only form of creation.