The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
protocida
Side-Kick

Default Differences between the movie and the novelization.

There are several differences between the movie and the novelization, and I tough it'd be interesting to list them. Here's some:

1. The introduction is different: We see caveman chasing a sabretooth tiger, when they stumble on a giant metal foot. It's the Fallen. He picks one of the humans up and scans him ("Is this life? What's mistaken by it, anyway.") while the others bow and worship him. One of them detaches from the group and sees the Sun Harvester in it's glory.

2. Skids, Mudflaps, Arcee and Sideswipe are alredy in Shangai when NEST arrives. Ironhide berates the Twins for missing Sideways, Arcee combines to take him down and Optimus Prime and Ironhide fight Demolishor together and off him.

3. Optimus and Sam's encounter happens at night.

4. Mikaela is rather nervous to check him Wheelie's bag.

5. Alice kicks Leo out of the room and he goes watch TV at the common room. He sees an TV ad about Disneyland's new attraction: Animatronic models of "Alice in Wonderland". The animatronic doll is identhycal to Alice. Leo runs to tell Sam that, at the same time Mikaela arrives and finds Sam kissing Alice. Mikaela hears the struggle and throws the bag containing Wheelie on Alice's head, who spins. Leo enters the room, sees Alice spining her head and freaks out before they escape to the library.

6. There are two Decepticon planes at the SmithSonian. Both are energized by the Allspark and come back to life. One of them, a loyal Decepticon, uses all his strenght to shot one bullet at Jetfire, to kills him with a blown of his cane.

7. Simmons calls to Sarah Lennox, and her and Monique Epps call to Lennox and Epps to tell them the mission. Galloway doesn't allow personal communication, so, they have to make a very suggestive conversation so they can pick up the idea and move the operation under wraps.

8. Jolt is not there. It's Ratchet who attaches Jetfire's parts at Prime.

9. The Nemesis is set on an ice planet.

10. The Fallen is trapped into an dimensional vortex. He's liberted at the end. It's Megatron who reveals to the world the existence of the Transformers.

11. In the novelization, Megatron helps the Fallen because he wants to become a Prime. At the ending, the Fallen reveals no one can become a Prime. He needs to born a Prime. Megatron gets pissed, impeaches the Fallen from reaching a space bridge, blasts him to Optimus and runs away with Starscream by the space bridge the Fallen had opened.

12. In an post-credits scene, Megatron returns to the Nemesis, where Starscream opens the stasis-casules and the new Decepticon army arises.

Last edited by protocida; 07-01-2009 at 09:03 PM.
protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Sweetchuck
Side-Kick

Default Re: Differences between the movie and the novelization.

Could you explain numbers 11 and 12 a little better? Thanks

Sweetchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Also, while skimming through it, I saw that Wheelie talks like an idiot incapable of forming complete sentences. I almost read it like Grimlock.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
11. In the novelization, Megatron helps the Fallen because he wants to become a Prime. At the ending, the Fallen reveals no one can become a Prime. He needs to born a Prime. Megatron gets pissed, impeaches the Fallen from reaching a space bridge, blasts him to Optimus and runs away with Starscream by the space bridge the Fallen had opened.

12. In an post-credits scene, Megatron returns to the Nemesis, where Starscream opens the stasis-casules and the new Decepticon army arises.
OH MAN!! that sounds so much more like megatron than the movie showed him. it felt so off that in the first film, he was this uber badass and then in this one, he's someone else's apprentice. talk aobut a demotion.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
dark_b
Side-Kick

someone said that there was a scene of megatron after the credits. so he made it up?

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
chaseter
Bland User

The novelization sounds way better than the film, especially the last 2.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Drz
Real Hero

Does it explain how do they raise new decepticons with no energon? =O

Old 07-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Jolly Rolly
Banned User

Quote:
There are several differences between the movie and the novelization, and I tough it'd be interesting to list them. Here's some:

5. Alice kicks Leo out of the room and he goes watch TV at the common room. He sees an TV ad about Disneyland's new attraction: Animatronic models of "Alice in Wonderland". The animatronic doll is identhycal to Alice. Leo runs to tell Sam that, at the same time Mikaela arrives and finds Sam kissing Alice. Mikaela hears the struggle and throws the bag containing Wheelie on Alice's head, who spins. Leo enters the room, sees Alice spining her head and freaks out before they escape to the library.

7. Simmons calls to Sarah Lennox, and her and Monique Epps call to Lennox and Epps to tell them the mission. Galloway doesn't allow personal communication, so, they have to make a very suggestive conversation so they can pick up the idea and move the operation under wraps.

These are in the movie adaptation by IDW.

Jolly Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
2. Skids, Mudflaps, Arcee and Sideswipe are alredy in Shangai when NEST arrives. Ironhide berates the Twins for missing Sideways, Arcee combines to take him down and Optimus Prime and Ironhide fight Demolishor together and off him.
Noticed today, after watching it the third time, just before Demolisher crashes and after Ironhide is shown driving, you can see Ironhide hanging on Demolisher's "leg".

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
El_Citrus
Side-Kick

I would have loved to have seen this rather than the current film. I wonder if Paramount would ever take the hint.

El_Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Quote:

1. The introduction is different: We see caveman chasing a sabretooth tiger, when they stumble on a giant metal foot. It's the Fallen. He picks one of the humans up and scans him ("Is this life? What's mistaken by it, anyway.") while the others bow and worship him. One of them detaches from the group and sees the Sun Harvester in it's glory.

8. Jolt is not there. It's Ratchet who attaches Jetfire's parts at Prime.

10. The Fallen is trapped into an dimensional vortex. He's liberted at the end. It's Megatron who reveals to the world the existence of the Transformers.

while i really wish 11, 12 were there, these are some of the ones i would have liked to stay in the film. dammit, that would have been awesome.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
Drz
Real Hero

Bump.

Would like to know if they explain the ending, how can they raise a new army withouth energon?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
Nibune
Side-Kick

TF 3 defientley has to pull a trilogy manuever to explain things, IE better origin of decepticons and Megatron's intentions/Fallen's intentions

Need some serious flashbacks

9. The Nemesis is set on an ice planet.

this one i don't understand so much as I think it's always been assumed that Mars is where the nemesis ship was on

Although I think the people over at ILM overdid the visuals on the planet/spaceship as it looked too alien and hard to distinguish that it was Mars, with Saturn rings in the background

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote