The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #51
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Why don't we write WB and express our interest in another superman movie?

Best thing would be to just send a "I can't wait for the next Superman film! I really hope it will begin production soon."

Getting into prequel, reboot, etc... That just reminds them of the complicated mess we have with the franchise.

Not bad to let them know the fan base wants another one though imo.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #52
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Why don't we write WB and express our interest in another superman movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
They'd be fools to focus on just one movie.
They're not, they're probably focused on quite a few....Supes just may not be one of them.....yet.

Quote:
W.B. know they cannot getting sequels pretty much out of their ass (Oceans 13, Terminator 5, Harold and Kumar 2, Happy Feet 2, ect., whats next, another Matrix film?) because as long as thery do, theyll have more Terminator Salvations than Dark Knights, because these are films that there simply is not much demand for.
Luckily, they're not ending up with another SR, which is already in low demand. So in a way, it's a good start. It's just as wise not to do something you shouldn't as it is to do something you should.

Quote:
With Batman to be onto his 4th film (or possibly done as we know it now) after 2012, and their bread and butter franchise fo Harry Potter ending in 2011, they need to begin creating their next MAJOR franchise soon.
Perhaps they will, but that's soon, not now...and soon can be very soon, or relatively soon. When that soon comes, then we'll see where they are.

Quote:
Summer 2013 and is going to be a very interesting summer for Warner Brothers. Harry Potter, which has been their safe net for a decade; their surefire megahit, will be over. Done. Batman will likely be at a crossroads as a franchise. They will need SOMETHING new, fresh, and different out there to be their next big franchise. Superman is the perfect and ideal fit.
GL might be that as well, or something else may come along. you never know. Supes is definitely an option, but not imperative. If it was, we'd already have a sequel. Given SR, it's probably good to lay low on that for a while and let it drift father into the past before rebooting all over again. Heck, BB was still affected by the stigma over Batman & Robin 7 years prior. Not saying SR was as bad, but they'd still benefit from separation if they're rebooting.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #53
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
WB isn't waiting for Marvel films to "peter" out before they strike. They just don't know how to get these characters to the big screen yet. They want to take the approach that they are the studio with better stories and bigger characters. The waiting isn't a strategy, it is indecision.
I am not saying wait until Marvel goes bankrupt again before making more films. I am just saying wait till the hype for Avengers dies down before making your slate of comic book films. Because after that what else does Marvel have? A bunch of rehash's, reboots, sequels, and C-list characters to boot. Not exactly something audiences haven't already been exposed to. That's why I don't expect any DC films other than Green Lantern (Jonah Hex aside) to come out before Avengers, especially not Superman. But if they feel they need to get in while there currently such a huge demand for these films and characters, then WB needs to stop wavering and go ahead with it within the next 3-4 years, which is what we expect anyway. I personally don't think that's the best move though. I might wait a little longer depending on what happens in 2011.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 06-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #54
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Marvel fanboys live in lalaland...there is no hype for Avengers. Outside of Spidey and Iron Man, NO marvel characters are even remotely in demand right now.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #55
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

And DC has....one. Granted, his movie is the second highest grosser of all time, but it's still just one.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #56
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Marvel fanboys live in lalaland...there is no hype for Avengers. Outside of Spidey and Iron Man, NO marvel characters are even remotely in demand right now.
Well of course who can argue with fanboys in denial that Thor and Cap are even going to happen. Stop smoking the weed Excel. Might do you some good.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #57
Chewy
REDACTED

I guess Excel isn't really aware that Iron Man IS one of the Avengers

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #58
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Guard you really should write a script...I'd read it.
I can't decide on a story.

Seriously. I have everything except the minor backup threat laid out.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #59
Micah12345
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Best thing would be to just send a "I can't wait for the next Superman film! I really hope it will begin production soon."

Getting into prequel, reboot, etc... That just reminds them of the complicated mess we have with the franchise.

Not bad to let them know the fan base wants another one though imo.
That's pretty much what I sent alot of those guys. Just a very enthusiastic paragraph about my anticipation for the next superman movie.

That's all it takes. No one wants to read about your idea for the next movie, but it helps them to know that there are people out there that still WANT a superman movie.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #60
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
Well of course who can argue with fanboys in denial that Thor and Cap are even going to happen. Stop smoking the weed Excel. Might do you some good.
Never

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #61
GreenKToo
In the fire

I really thought TDK's success would have had the opposite affect that its had.
Instead of several films being announced (like they said would happen after the summit) we've got one, G.L.
Two if you count Jonah Hex......

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #62
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

I think the OP is right. After all, a letter-writing campaign saved Star Trek from being canceled.

Nightwing1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #63
Wally West
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
With Nolan stalling... now is the perfect time to move ahead with Superman. BB3 will probably be made one way or another... but do they really need to rush it? If I am WB and I want to compete with Marvel... I know for a fact I need to get Superman on track ASAP.
Nolan stalling might be a big part of why nothing is happening right now.

I remember reading months ago that DC/WB was waiting on Nolan to make his decision before deciding what to do with Superman.

The only reason I would think they would do that is if they would consider a crossover Superman/Batman, or JL film with Bale in it if Nolan doesn't come back for a third Batman.

I just wish Nolan would make up his mind...it's been almost a year now.

I don't think a letter writing campaign does anything. They already know theyre gonna make another Superman movie and they're going to look at all thier options before they choose what they feel will make them the most money.

Last edited by Wally West; 06-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Wally West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #64
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

with the whole nolan thing, i think we likely wont know where he stands with batman to he is done with his current film.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #65
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
I think the OP is right. After all, a letter-writing campaign saved Star Trek from being canceled.
This.

It's not inconceivable that a mass amount of letters could sway their actions. After all, their mission is to appease the crowds for money.

Let me make this clear. This upcoming generation looks fantastic compared to the those that condoned racism, started a bunch of needless wars, ruined the economy, and continue to ignore global warming. The 20 and 30 somethings are living the sins of their fathers and grandfathers.
Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #66
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Mr. Jeff Robinov
President of Production Warner Brothers
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, Ca. 91522

jeff.robinov@warnerbros.com

--

I still think it is worth writing in regards to a Superman film PERIOD. It doesn't have to be for a sequel, or specific with Routh. I just want another film and the franchise on top, or at least close.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #67
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Maybe start a letter like this

--

Mr. Alan Horn
President and COO
Warner Bros. Entertainment
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
818-954-6000

Your Name
Street Address
City, State ZIP

Dear Mr. Horn,