Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #51
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Re: Thor: The Animated Series

Yeah, Loki's looking kind of emo there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I'm glad Thor's getting attention, but at the same time, I'm not really looking forward to Son of Asgard too much because it's by the same team who did Hulk vs., who've shown that they don't really know how to handle Thor.
They treated Thor even worse in "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow", where they turned him into a false hero who turned his back on Midgard (Earth to us mortals) and on top of that they turned him into a slacker dead beat dad who basically walked out on his daughter after dropping her in Iron Man's lap, which I have to admit is even more disrespectful to his character than just letting the Hulk rip into him.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #52
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Coll pics, but this is for something different. It' for the Direc to Video DVD abot the young years of Thor, etc.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #53
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Yeah, Loki's looking kind of emo there.

They treated Thor even worse in "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow", where they turned him into a false hero who turned his back on Midgard (Earth to us mortals) and on top of that they turned him into a slacker dead beat dad who basically walked out on his daughter after dropping her in Iron Man's lap, which I have to admit is even more disrespectful to his character than just letting the Hulk rip into him.
I'm glad I never watched Next Avengers. I took a look at one trailer and thought, "This is probably going to suck." I guess I have good instincts.

Regarding Loki: He was a little bit emo growing up. He started out kind of emo because everyone in Asgard looked down on him and loved Thor, which contributed a lot to his eventual turn to full-on evil. So, outside of the lack of green and yellow, the emo-ish design works for me.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #54
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
I'm glad I never watched Next Avengers. I took a look at one trailer and thought, "This is probably going to suck." I guess I have good instincts.
You didn't miss much. Thor's excuse for abandoning Torunn, so she could learn what it was like to be human, only added insult to injury. A terrible waste of voice actor Michael Adamthwaite, who actually captured what Thor's voice should sound like pretty well for the few minutes of B.S. dialogue he had at the end.

Quote:
Regarding Loki: He was a little bit emo growing up. He started out kind of emo because everyone in Asgard looked down on him and loved Thor, which contributed a lot to his eventual turn to full-on evil. So, outside of the lack of green and yellow, the emo-ish design works for me.
Hmm, well you do make a good point there.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #55
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think I'd prefer Rhys-Davies for Odin at this point. I love his voice, but it's a little too grand for Thor to me. Especially if the cartoon follows the movie and this is a younger Thor.
Well then who do want to voice Thor (who would be willing to do a voice on a Sat morning style cartoon)?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #56
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't know. I keep thinking of Michael Dorn, only less harsh and growly. A nice, deep, booming voice for Thor.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #57
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know. I keep thinking of Michael Dorn, only less harsh and growly. A nice, deep, booming voice for Thor.
I thought you wanted a British voice?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #58
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Michael Dorn? Interesting... he's actually on my fan casting list for actors to voice Panthro if they ever remake Thundercats (Dorn is #2 behind Keith David).

Ironically, Matt Wolf, Thor's voice actor in Hulk vs. is actually British himself (and had a small part in Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End).

If you want a strong, deep, regal kind of voice, Michael Donovan does that well, just check out his work as King Randor in the 2002 He-Man & The Masters of the Universe series.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #59
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I thought you wanted a British voice?
Eh, I've been thinking about it and maybe an English accent wouldn't really suit Thor. I'm fickle.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #60
Panthro
Catman Begins

So voice acting aside, who should be writing the Thor animated series? Do we want the guys who did Kyle & Yost & Johnson or do we want a different set of writers?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #61
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd prefer a different set. I didn't like what Kyle and Yost did with Thor in Hulk vs., and the commentary made them sound like morons who didn't know much about Marvel's Thor in the first place.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #62
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
I'd prefer a different set. I didn't like what Kyle and Yost did with Thor in Hulk vs., and the commentary made them sound like morons who didn't know much about Marvel's Thor in the first place.
Different writers it is then!

So back to voice actors, what about Scott McNeil (a former Wolverine voice actor among many other varied roles, I know some of you remember him as the English voice of Piccolo for Dragon Ball Z, but to me he'll always be Silverbolt from Beast Wars - one of 4 characters he did for that series actually) for voicing Skurge the Executioner?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #63
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

McNeil will always be Rattrap from Beast Wars to me. I'd be cool with him as Skurge. If he did something like Dinobot's voice but less snarly, it could work.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #64
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
McNeil will always be Rattrap from Beast Wars to me. I'd be cool with him as Skurge. If he did something like Dinobot's voice but less snarly, it could work.
McNeil was an awesome Rattrap. Maybe something that's like half-Dinobot/half-Silverbolt, or maybe a slightly rougher Piccolo?

Beast Wars had plenty of talented voice actors on it, many of whom served on two sets of He-Man shows (New Adventures from the early 90s and the 2002 remake that sadly didn't survive long on CN). Trying to think of good roles for Gary Chalk (Optimus Primal, 2002 Man-At-Arms) and Richard Newman (Rhinox, also Phaeton from Exo-Squad). Do you suppose Chalk could Odin?

But I'm not totally opposed to reusing actors from Hulk Vs, such as Graham McTavish as Loki, Grey DeLisle as Sif, etc. I think the only one I'd replace is Matt Wolf as Thor, I don't hate him but he's not quite my Thor (I think Wolf's voice would be better suited to Balder the Brave actually, soft spoken fellow that Balder is) and have Michael Adamthwaite take over as Thor (and still pulling for Michael Donovan as well). For the few times Michael spoke as Balder, that's actually closer to how I imagine Thor to sound.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #65
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Nah, Chalk's voice doesn't have the gravitas for Odin, in my opinion. That's part of why I liked him as Optimus Primal so much--his voice wasn't super-imposing like Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, which fit Primal's less idealized character well. I think Chalk could do pretty well with Volstagg, actually. It'd give him an opportunity to be a little more humorous and boastful than most of his roles.

Newman would be great as Hogun or Heimdall.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #66
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Nah, Chalk's voice doesn't have the gravitas for Odin, in my opinion. That's part of why I liked him as Optimus Primal so much--his voice wasn't super-imposing like Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, which fit Primal's less idealized character well. I think Chalk could do pretty well with Volstagg, actually. It'd give him an opportunity to be a little more humorous and boastful than most of his roles.

Newman would be great as Hogun or Heimdall.
Interesting. I was actually thinking of Heimdall as an alternative role for Chalk.

And of course, I'm sure Chalk & Newman would do fine playing any of the various evil rampaging giants.

What voice actors currently working do you feel have the right tone for Odin? Or other actors who could take over the roles of Amora or Sif should recasts be needed? I could see Venus "Blackarachnia" Terzo having a grand old time with Amora the Enchantress (still can't believe she was Jean Grey on Evolution).

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #67
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

John Rhys Davies is always the first name I think of for Odin. David Warner would be cool if he's still doing voices, too.

Grey DeLisle is good. I could see her as Sif. Not really sure about Amora, although Venus Terzo sounds good.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #68
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
John Rhys Davies is always the first name I think of for Odin. David Warner would be cool if he's still doing voices, too.
John Rhys Davies is the Man, vocally. David Warner sounds cool too.

Quote:
Grey DeLisle is good. I could see her as Sif. Not really sure about Amora, although Venus Terzo sounds good.
I'm certainly not against bringing back Kahri Wahlgren, if she isn't too busy with something else. Kathleen Barr, who voiced Evil-Lynn in the 2002 He-Man, may also be a good candidate.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #69
Drz
Real Hero

Does anyone have any idea when this show is suppose to come out? If at all. >_>

Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #70
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Probably much closer to the movie's release date.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #71
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I have high hopes for this. Marvel Anmation's series have been pretty good. Their movies? Not so much. But the TV series' have been good.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #72
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

We don't know anything about the actual team working on this, do we? I hope Greg Weisman works on it. Gargoyles shows he knows his way around Norse mythology and both that and Spectacular Spider-Man show he's a damned fine storyteller.

If Kyle and Yost wind up on this show, I will lose all hope for it.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #73
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
We don't know anything about the actual team working on this, do we? I hope Greg Weisman works on it. Gargoyles shows he knows his way around Norse mythology and both that and Spectacular Spider-Man show he's a damned fine storyteller.

Same. Marvel animation reallllllly needs to diversify.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #74
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:

Yeah, I would prefer Kyle and Yost to stay away from future animated Thor.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #75
NightBeetle
Turbo Justice!!!!

Quote:
I will lose all hope for it.

I will lose all hope in life

''You wanna be a man's man, you ask her out to her face. You wanna be a man's man's man, you tell her when you're gonna pick her up rather than ask her for a date. You wanna be a man's, man's, man's, man, then you gotta go to prison.'' -Anubis

Quantum Zone - The Unofficial Quasar Site
NightBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote