The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #76
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I was thinking, but would fans disapprove if they decided to introduce Sunstreaker in TF3 but omitted the whole brother angle with Sideswipe?
I read their bio on wikipedia. They sound very similar to me. Is it really necessary to introduce Sunstreaker? I mean, why not introduce a completely different character?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #77
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I read their bio on wikipedia. They sound very similar to me. Is it really necessary to introduce Sunstreaker? I mean, why not introduce a completely different character?
Well, I was thinking that it would be the simplest way to add the character since Skids and Mudflap fulfill the twins niche.

Honestly, while I would've preferred it had they kept the Twins angle with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker over getting Skids and Mudflap, I've never cared much for 'Suns so I'm not going to complain if he doesn't make it into TF3.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #78
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ Yeah. I've always thought that Sideswipe was so much cooler than Sunstreaker.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 AM   #79
dark_b
Side-Kick

i think they added more robots because fans wanted more robots.

i think there are now enough autobots. so for the third movie just add some decepticons and leave the autobots alone. more characters mroe extra dialoge . focus on OP,irondhide,rachet and BB

Last edited by dark_b; 07-07-2009 at 02:56 PM.
dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #80
SpiderByte
Banned User

^They at least need to bring in Blurr. For his voice ALONE they need to bring in Blurr.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #81
DW4
Side-Kick

I think Bay should introduce at least one maybe two more Autobots and that's it. Spend some time focusing on others, he introduced Arcee and she did completely nothing the entire movie, Jolt? Who? What did he do? Sideswipe has already become a fan favorite just based off his first 15 seconds in the film, he's got that cocky attitude everyone likes, reminds kinda like Vegeta in a way.

Ironhide had his share of lines and importance in the film but I hated how they threw Ratchet under the bus, I was very irritated by that. The dialogue between him and Ironhide about possibly leaving the planet should of been longer. I also feel Bay should of made Ironhide a bit more of a leader after Prime was killed and have some more action with him, he's got huge guns for a reason.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #82
SciFi Warlock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW4 View Post
I also feel Bay should of made Ironhide a bit more of a leader after Prime was killed and have some more action with him, he's got huge guns for a reason.
I agree, I mean without Jazz that should put Ironhide the next in line after Prime. With Prime offline Ironhide should have had a chance to shine as a leader, not as great as Optimus was, but he should have had a few scene showing he could lead in the absence of Prime.

In my book the best leaders/potential leaders were of course Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal from Beast Wars, Ultra Magnus, Ironhide, Jazz and Prowl. Always hated Rodimus Prime.

Anyway I think Sideswipe needed more screen time and lines as he was always cool and fun even in the worst situations in G1. I do love the choice of his car mode in ROTF.

Oh and one last thing, what the heck is up with all these Transformers having wheels as feet. I can understand someone like Sideswipe using his wheels in battle but not to stand on when not fighting. Bay needs to get more creative in where wheels go to considering so far they established by the form they had on Cybertron none really had wheels (Shown by the "proto forms" in the 2007 movie). The list is a little long on how many had wheels as feet - Bonecrusher, Sideswipe, the Arcee Triplets, Demolisher and Wheelie and I think one or two others. It got really unimaginative after a while.

I mean come on how hard is it to move the wheels up 4 inches and give them feet so they don't fall over when just standing.

Last edited by SciFi Warlock; 07-07-2009 at 06:02 PM.
SciFi Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #83
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I wouldnt be too bothered if we didnt get Sunstreaker as others have said in the thread, he was always the less interesting character of the 2 IMO. More Sideswipe in TF3 will do me just fine.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #84
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
^ Yeah. I've always thought that Sideswipe was so much cooler than Sunstreaker.
I've always felt the same way. Sunstreaker has always been one of the Autobots that I've absolutely hated, along with the likes of Huffer and Gears.

That's another reason why I wish they had kept him in the film just to see the image of him getting sucked up by Devastator.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #85
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ Yeah and than Sideswipe delivers the killing blow to Devastator by cutting his head off to avenge his brother. After he is weakened by all the other Autobots, of course.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #86
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I've always felt the same way. Sunstreaker has always been one of the Autobots that I've absolutely hated, along with the likes of Huffer and Gears.

That's another reason why I wish they had kept him in the film just to see the image of him getting sucked up by Devastator.
I dont hate Sunstreaker, but he is definately the more boring of the 2, I do wish we would have gotten him instead of the twins, who I didnt hate either, but would have preferred well known G1 characters.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #87
Anubis Raptor
The Mighty Avenger.

I really hope we get to see more of Sideswipe in the third film. He seems like a cool character.

Anubis Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #88
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Sideswipe Concept Art

Last edited by craigdbfan; 07-11-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: accidental double post
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #89
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^He is possibly the best design we have seen so far, it was shame we didnt get to see more simply of his design.

BTW, I thought it was ****ing awesome the way his guns were on his back.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #90
moreprimeland
NOT a riddle, Starscream!

I liked the Sideswipe in TF2, he could have used some feet, yes, and a few more lines, but the Autobots as a whole didn't have much to say in TF2, this was ROTF (aka The Empire Strikes Back) so it was the Cons turn, but IMHO we still could have used less human time wasting scenes and more Autobot time, Sideswipe, Prime, et.al.

moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #91
brimstone_halo
Side-Kick

Sideswipe has some sweet figs. The viper alternator is pretty awesome and his new deluxe fig is one of the coolest deluxe figs I have ever seen. I don't have a g1 fig for him but other than nostalgic value I'm not too worried having many g1 characters (other than soundwave and mp figs) because the new movie figures and alternators just look so good. Plus next to to the highly articulated and detailed movie and alternator figures, G1 characters just look like gobots.

I'm not bashing g1, don't get me wrong, I love me some g1 but as far as figures looking good on the shelf the g1's just cant compare. They look like.... well.... toys.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #92
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

So Sam's got Bumblebee, Lennox has Ironhide, does that mean Epps get's Sideswipe ?

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #93
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I think Ratchet would be more appropriate to Epps to be honest, Sideswipe seems more like a show off and I dont get that vibe from Epps, like Ratchet, he is a tech type guy and just gets on with the job with little questions asked.