The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #6751
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars

I know George Lucas has said that he's never going to make another Star Wars movie. However he said the same thing for years after Return Of The Jedi. Then low & behold we get The Franchise Menace, Attack Of The Clowns, and Revenge Of The S#!t. And he hasn't completely sworn off an Episode VII either. Peter Mayhew has signed a contract to reprise the role of Chewbacca in a third trilogy should it be made.

So what do you think the third trilogy should be about should it ever be made? Who should be cast in which roles? Would you base it on Star Wars novels? If so, which ones?

My opinion? I think they should base them on The New Jedi Order novels. I don't know who should play Han & Leiah's kids, or Luke and Mara's. I do know I would cast Kareem Abdul Jabar as Chewbacca's nephew Lowbacca. As for the plot? The New Republic is attacked by the Yuuzan Vhong, and the three movies take place over several years from the beginning of the war to its conclusion. I'd certainly add things like the death of Chewbacca and Jacen Solo becoming a Sith in the end of the final movie. Luke, Leiah, Han, and Lando would all be played by the original actors of course.

I know a lot of people are probably going to say they'd like to see The Shadow Of The Empire trilogy on the big screen, but that just won't work chronologically unless you recast all the main characters (Luke, Han, Lando, etc). I'm sure Star Wars purists would be up in arms over something like that. Only way that project could work is if they used motion capture animation and did a CGI movie (like Beowulf).

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #6752
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

Jacen becoming Darth Caedus shouldn't come at the end of a New Jedi Order movie trilogy, since there's more than enough story material in those nineteen books. He goes through a somewhat unique development (in Star Wars, anyway) in the books, and the only reason him becoming a Sith would work is after his five-year journey post war.

An animated series would be better, though, because of all the supplementary material that makes the NJO work. You could even do The Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy, X-Wing series, Hand of Thrawn duology, Luke and Mara's wedding, etc.

Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #6753
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner

I don't know who has an X-Box 360 here but you get an avatar which is suppose to be representative of yourself, however I had to buy this accessory.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #6754
CadBane

Cad Bane is going to ****ing destroy anyone who gets in his way.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #6755
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Jacen becoming Darth Caedus shouldn't come at the end of a New Jedi Order movie trilogy, since there's more than enough story material in those nineteen books. He goes through a somewhat unique development (in Star Wars, anyway) in the books, and the only reason him becoming a Sith would work is after his five-year journey post war.

An animated series would be better, though, because of all the supplementary material that makes the NJO work. You could even do The Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy, X-Wing series, Hand of Thrawn duology, Luke and Mara's wedding, etc.

Well, maybe end the trilogy with the hint that Jacen may turn to the dark side of The Force. Not all of the novels from the NJO series need to be turned directly into movies, word for word & scene for scene. But elements from several novels could be combined into one movie. Maybe as many as 9 books could be incorperated into a single movie trilogy (3 books/movie).

I'd only want an animated trilogy if they're stories of Han, Luke, and Leiah during the first few years of The New Republic. The actors are all far too old to play their characters from that long ago. But if they were to provide the voices, the animaters could make the characters as young or as old as they see fit.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #6756
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
He had a good reason for putting Hayden's head on Anakin's body? What the hell is that? Why didn't he put Ewan MacGregor's head on Obi-Wan's body while he was at it? Or give Yoda an afro and a bunch of gold chains? No, that was a stupid decision on his part. He should've left that scene alone, and should change it back in future Special Editions.
Anakin lost his humanity in ROTS. That's when Anakin was gone once he turned to the dark side. You've been banging on a drum that's been tired for the past ten years. Don't think you know better than the man who created Star Wars in the first place. It's his vision. He can do whatever he wants. People act like he caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #6757
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

Only thing that could work with all the development is a quadrilogy, maybe, with each movie combining elements from the hardcover and softcovers. Spoilers ahead for the EU over the last ten or so years.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Movie One: Vector Prime+Dark Tide duology, build up conflict between Jacen and Anakin about the Force, have Mara find out she's pregnant, end with Chewie's death.

Movie Two: Balance Point+Star By Star, various smaller conflicts including Han's depression, end with the Myrkr mission, Anakin's dead, Jacen's captured, but Ben Skywalker is born, there is hope.

Movie Three: Dark Journey+Traitor+Destiny's Way, Jacen gets his character development from Traitor ( that one), end with him returning to the galaxy, Jaina kills Tsavong Lah, after dealing with her own brush with the dark side of the Force.

Movie Four: The Force Heretic Trilogy+The Final Prophecy+The Unifying Force, beginning with the Jedi led by Luke off to find Zonama Sekot, to convince it to help fight off the Vong. The Imperial Remnant sides with the newly formed Galactic Alliance, helping fight off the extra-galactic invaders, and the movie ends with Luke killing the puppet behind the invasion, and Jacen killing the puppeteer. The galaxy is at peace, but the ending is bittersweet is because of all that is lost. Jacen goes off to travel among the stars and learn from other Force groups, leaving it open for someone in the future to adapt Dark Nest and Legacy of the Force.

Now, that's just a quick rough draft that proves I have way too much time on my hands, and is by no means perfect.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #6758
Darth Rockwell
Avengers Assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
People act like he caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.
You are my hero. Thnak you so much for saying that. People don't get it though.

Quote:
People act like he (George Lucas) caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #6759
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Anakin lost his humanity in ROTS. That's when Anakin was gone once he turned to the dark side. You've been banging on a drum that's been tired for the past ten years. Don't think you know better than the man who created Star Wars in the first place. It's his vision. He can do whatever he wants. People act like he caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.
not according to these guys

http://www.peoplevsgeorge.com/

Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #6760
8wid
Banned User

I personally want an animated version of the Thrawn trilogy. The actors are too old to play anything beyond half a century after the Battle of Endor, but they can certainly lend their voices to a production like this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #6761
ross2287
Gonzo Journalist

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to see more Star Wars films in any medium. The problem is, the central story of Star Wars has always been about Anakin Skywalker. His story is over now, so there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go.

And I know it's a popular idea with the EU and with many around here with Luke starting a new Jedi order, but it's predictable. And it's a little to circuitous in my opinion. Eventually, one of Luke's padawans is going to turn to the Dark Side. Eventually the Force will be out of balance and it will have to be brought back into balance and so on and so on and so on and so on.

Now, an idea I liked--and it may have originated on this board--was to have Luke try to train a few new Jedi but ultimately decide to make the ultimate sacrifice and end the Order. For instance, Episode VII could be about Luke getting the new Jedi recruits, maybe five or six. End the Episode with a hint that they have the potential to be good, but also have a very deep bad streak. In Episode VIII, about halfway through, they all turn to the Dark Side and run off to all corners of the galaxy except one or maybe two. The rest of the Episode is about Luke and his good padawan(s) tracking them down and killing them. Episode VIII ends with the good padawan getting killed. Episode IX is all about Luke finding the last of the fallen padawans. He realizes that there will always be a chance for the Force to be used for evil and therefor decides to kill himself and everything he knows about the Force so that it can never be taken out of balance again.

Or something like that...

K&S ticket number 18 of 193
Never forget EPIC CHAT 7.10.08
Old 08-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #6762
CadBane

Quote:

first off its an opinion so chill and secondly they are not just movies.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #6763
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
movies with a seriously rabid fanbase??

Old 08-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #6764
CadBane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
movies with a seriously rabid fanbase??

same could be said about almost all fans. wars is just much more popular with the civilians than all other movies/comic books so it is just recognized more.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #6765
BlackLantern
Banned User

fair enough....but some take it too far, (IE the link I posted a few posts up)

Old 08-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #6766
Darth Rockwell
Avengers Assemble

Yes but SW fans seem to be out to linch the man who made it cause it's not the way they want it.

Quote:
People act like he (George Lucas) caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #6767
CadBane

have been a star wars fan for twenty years and it has always been important to me. despite this none of my friends were ever interested in it except seeing the prequels at the theatre and seeing it on tv everyonce in a while. therefore besides being on some sw forums have never met anyone so crazy like that. some of what they say has truth but what are you going to do? you cant change it.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #6768
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross2287 View Post
And I know it's a popular idea with the EU and with many around here with Luke starting a new Jedi order, but it's predictable. And it's a little to circuitous in my opinion. Eventually, one of Luke's padawans is going to turn to the Dark Side. Eventually the Force will be out of balance and it will have to be brought back into balance and so on and so on and so on and so on.
I agree, that's why i'd rather they look back in time in making a new movie, nothing to do with the Skywalkers. I just wouldnt want to see the same thing all over again. Something like KOTOR would be cool though

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 08-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #6769
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes. They. Are. I've been a SW fan almost all my life and I can tell you they are movies. What else are they? Food? No. The second coming? No. Movies that changed cinema? Yes. And George Lucas is the reason. He continues to push the envelope. He even thought he might of went too far when making TPM. So *gasp* he actually has a conscience!

And yes, they are opinions. Opinions that have been repeated every day on the internet for over ten years and it's getting tired and annoying. I think when people start websites called PeoplevsGeorge they need to chill out. They will never get what they want. They think they will change things by complaining but in fact they will never. George Lucas created Star Wars. No fanboy who condemns the prequels did. In fact, nobody knows SW better than Lucas. It's his decision, he knows what's best, you can't think for a man that created the damn thing and started the phenomenon in the first place. These fanboys who want what's right built up expectations for sixteen years before the PT came out and when it finally did and didn't meet what they wanted, they condemn it out of disapointment.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 08-12-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #6770
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

Quote:
Yes. They. Are. I've been a SW fan almost all my life and I can tell you they are movies. What else are they?
Books, video games, apparel, toys.....

Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #6771
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
I know George Lucas has said that he's never going to make another Star Wars movie. However he said the same thing for years after Return Of The Jedi. Then low & behold we get The Franchise Menace, Attack Of The Clowns, and Revenge Of The S#!t. And he hasn't completely sworn off an Episode VII either. Peter Mayhew has signed a contract to reprise the role of Chewbacca in a third trilogy should it be made.

So what do you think the third trilogy should be about should it ever be made? Who should be cast in which roles? Would you base it on Star Wars novels? If so, which ones?

My opinion? I think they should base them on The New Jedi Order novels. I don't know who should play Han & Leiah's kids, or Luke and Mara's. I do know I would cast Kareem Abdul Jabar as Chewbacca's nephew Lowbacca. As for the plot? The New Republic is attacked by the Yuuzan Vhong, and the three movies take place over several years from the beginning of the war to its conclusion. I'd certainly add things like the death of Chewbacca and Jacen Solo becoming a Sith in the end of the final movie. Luke, Leiah, Han, and Lando would all be played by the original actors of course.

I know a lot of people are probably going to say they'd like to see The Shadow Of The Empire trilogy on the big screen, but that just won't work chronologically unless you recast all the main characters (Luke, Han, Lando, etc). I'm sure Star Wars purists would be up in arms over something like that. Only way that project could work is if they used motion capture animation and did a CGI movie (like Beowulf).
You made that up. Making I-III was always his plan and it was publicly announced after the released of A New Hope. Also, in the same interview word was released that there is a possibility of a VII-IX. To this day he has never come out and denied it straight up, but he has said he doesn't think he'll do it but it might be an endeavour he'll leave up to his kids or another generation.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #6772
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Books, video games, apparel, toys.....

Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #6773
GoblinWhirlwind
Friend to Captain Solo

Sometime's this thread gets as annoying as the Superman casting thread.

It pains me to say that.

- Michael Scott
Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #6774
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
People act like he caused the next holocaust. They're just movies.
But he killed the Jedi and blew up Alderaan, hasn't the Galaxy suffered enough?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #6775
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Nah, the galaxy is a big place.

Closed Thread