The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Why is this section still opened?

Maybe you guys are already working on closing/merging the threads in this section? But I think it's safe to say no sequel to SR is being made. Maybe it will help clear some space for the data base? Just a thought...

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 09-19-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: Why is this section still opened?

I know that Jeff Robinov has made it clear that he was not happy with SR's performance, and that he wanted to start with a new vision, and to reimagine Superman, that may mean a Reboot, but with all these lawsuits and the deadline 2011 approaching fast, maybe WB would consider making a sequel to SR, after all, SR is already a vauge sequel to the first STM, and it even showed some glimpses of young Clark Kent's childhood, and his home in Smallville, we can move ahead from there, no need to wait for Siegel's approval. I know this all may never happen, but still, there is a slim chance.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Change this to the FF section. At least Fox announced a reboot.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

did they really? wow. thats awful.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I know that Jeff Robinov has made it clear that he was not happy with SR's performance, and that he wanted to start with a new vision, and to reimagine Superman, that may mean a Reboot, but with all these lawsuits and the deadline 2011 approaching fast, maybe WB would consider making a sequel to SR, after all, SR is already a vauge sequel to the first STM, and it even showed some glimpses of young Clark Kent's childhood, and his home in Smallville, we can move ahead from there, no need to wait for Siegel's approval. I know this all may never happen, but still, there is a slim chance.
There will never be a sequel to SR, either vague or direct. WB will not waste time, effort and money pumping millions upon millions of dollars into a movie that is in anyway connected to a movie that had a lukewarm reception by the audience. Next movie will be a clean slate for the franchise and WB will be careful and deliberate in the production of this next film. That means making the film on their schedule not because of some imposed deadline. These lawsuits will get settled. The families want money and WB has a lot of it. And when the time is right for WB they will proceed with a whole new Superman franchise.

So yea, this section is pointless.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I was thinking this the other day. Maybe it could be renamed to "Future Superman Movies"

Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Change this to the FF section. At least Fox announced a reboot.

For once... we agree... I mean we might as well have Tim Story FF sequel sections while we are at it. Yet we don't even have a FF forum despite new developments. Rename this section or merge it with something.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm sure the big boss knows what he is doing and will get rid of this section when he sees fit.

Closed Thread