Polaris- Alexa Davalos

Quicksilver- Tom Riley

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #27
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

Default Re: Scarlet Witch,Quicksilver,and Polaris

question...is Lorna older or younger than the twins?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #28
Silvermoth
Avenger

I always assumed younger because Magneto was faithful to Magda when she was alive.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #29
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

true true... i like your casting for an X4 movie(or trilogy )

Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #30
Noona
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrrd_2 View Post
question...is Lorna older or younger than the twins?
Well in House of M : Civil War .. you see a image of the twins as teens and lorna alittle girl sitting in front of the tv ..

Noona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

In my opinion, these three mutants doesn't have to be related to Magneto because they will have to explain why Magneto suddenly have a son/daughters. They can easily include them in the movies without being related to Magneto.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
laytonc32
Side-Kick

So It looks like they will be in the Avengers 2. I understand they can still appear in a future X-Men movie. Will they ever get used? Admittedly, the Scarlett Witch is been bigger with the Avengers outside of the House of M storyline.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't mind if ScarletWitch/Quicksilver are gonna be in Avengers 2. I don't even see them appearing in a X-Men movie.

The one that I want to see in a X-Men movie is Polaris!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Really looking forward to seeing Scarlet Witch brought to the screen. Whedon is obviously a huge X-Men fan so it's gonna be interesting how their background is handled. Guess they can just go without mentioning who their father is pretty easily, but it would be awesome if that was brought up.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
Angamb
Banned User

To me its pretty sad that Fox is already doing the 7 film in the franchise, and the fith team movie, with the fifth Magneto appearance, and no minimal reference or tease of his children.

And now Marvel on their Second Avengers movie will use them

is like... What??

a slap in the face to Fox's X-men franchise/fans. At least to me.

Wanda, Pietro and Polaris are an importan part of Magneto's character and x-men history. To dont have them on the x-men franchise and related to him its a huge wasted opportunity

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Alot of things are pretty sad about the franchise. We don't even have a Cyclops led film. Thats the biggest slap in the face of them all.

Would have been cool to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on the Brotherhood. They should have been mentioned or introduced in X1. On the bright side Fox probably would have ****ed them up anyways, and they would have met a bad fate in X3.

They are in much better shape in Whedons control.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #37
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Fox has been too slow with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, that's for sure.

Ignoring all the family relationships hasn't done the studio any favours. They've had 12 years to sow some seeds of the various relationships in the comics, but we've had none.

It'll be great to see them on screen in Avengers. Iron Man 3 already sets up the idea of 'mutants' existing with the various mutated supersoldiers, and also mentions the word mutants...

Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #38
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
So It looks like they will be in the Avengers 2. I understand they can still appear in a future X-Men movie. Will they ever get used? Admittedly, the Scarlett Witch is been bigger with the Avengers outside of the House of M storyline.
I really see this as the 'nail in the coffin' for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the X-Men series. I can't imagine the actors ever going on from Avengers to appear in X-Men now. May as well forget them.

And with Polaris having such similar powers to Magneto (of which we already have two versions - Fassbender and McKellen), she doesn't seem that likely either.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #39
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Well they could show up down the road who knows. They both have the rights to them. Really Scarlet Witch has the bigger history with the Avengers so I want to see her in those movies.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
To me its pretty sad that Fox is already doing the 7 film in the franchise, and the fith team movie, with the fifth Magneto appearance, and no minimal reference or tease of his children.

a slap in the face to Fox's X-men franchise/fans. At least to me.

Wanda, Pietro and Polaris are an importan part of Magneto's character and x-men history. To dont have them on the x-men franchise and related to him its a huge wasted opportunity
Umm after the original trilogy and First Class, I think its already a big indication that Magneto doesn't have children in this timeline/universe. Its not a slap in the face to me as a fan. Not all things in the comics can be adapted to film. This is not a TV series that they can adapt all the things that happened/family relations in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
And with Polaris having such similar powers to Magneto (of which we already have two versions - Fassbender and McKellen), she doesn't seem that likely either.
I think they could easily introduce Polaris, introducing her as Magneto's daughter is not a requirement in my opinion. They just need to come up with a story for her.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #41
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are better suited to the Avengers. Just have Polaris as Magnetos daughter.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
Angamb
Banned User

I wouldnt be bad with that.

3 Erik children on the X-Men franchise could be too much, so Polaris feels like the best option, I guess.

And since I like the character....Id would be happy to see her on the movie universe finally.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #43
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
This is not true.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #44
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It depends how you define their importance. But some people here don't read every comic-book that was released by Marvel.

People who haven't read the comic-books are more familiar with Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch being part of the X-Men world simply because of the videogames that were released and the cartoons that were aired in TV. And they were also depicted as Magneto's children in those videogames and cartoons.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #45
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
It depends how you define their importance.
Wanda is of more value as an Avenger, her comrades are Cap and crew.Besides like 4 X-Men issues prior, it's been that way since the 60s. If someone only watched X-Men cartoons of course they would only know her or her Brother from that, wouldn't change the fact they would still be wrong about the history in a debate.

Unless X-Men is pulling a House Of M and using her powers to an extreme, theres no use for her at this point that I can see. Other then throwing in another name. If they did pull a House of M type alt reality and included all three of his kids I'd be pretty stoked. But right now they have another Daughter of Magneto who is more important to the X-Men and not being used by a rival studio...if they need a Daughter in this, probably best to go with Lorna.

Last edited by def28; 06-02-2013 at 03:22 AM. Reason: e
Old 06-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Wanda is of more value as an Avenger, her comrades are Cap and crew.Besides like 4 X-Men issues prior, it's been that way since the 60s. If someone only watched X-Men cartoons of course they would only know her or her Brother from that, wouldn't change the fact they would still be wrong about the history in a debate.

Unless X-Men is pulling a House Of M and using her powers to an extreme, theres no use for her at this point that I can see. Other then throwing in another name. If they did pull a House of M type alt reality and included all three of his kids I'd be pretty stoked. But right now they have another Daughter of Magneto who is more important to the X-Men and not being used by a rival studio...if they need a Daughter in this, probably best to go with Lorna.
Yes, you're right. Scarlet Witch doesn't serve a greater purpose and is fine in Avengers.

Fox could use Polaris - or what about Zaladane (Zala Dane?). She was Polaris's half-sister (same mother) who became a ruler of the Savage Land and stole Polaris's powers. Could make an interesting story.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #47
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

It doesn't matter if she has more value as an Avenger.

Outside of the comic-book community, Scarlet Witch is more well-known as a X-Men character and FOX has the movie rights to use her in the films.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #48
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

Outside of the comic-book community, Scarlet Witch is more well-known as a X-Men character and FOX has the movie rights to use her in the films.
We are talking character importance. Meaning which team she is more valuable to. Outside the comic book community no one cares, because they have never been significant in anything major. And yet Again, your sense of popularity and how much a TV show or video game matter varies depending on the argument and character. Wanda is an Avenger and is significantly more crucial to that team. That is what matters. Always has been.

No one is seeing either of these movies for those characters becasue neither are known in the main stream. When everyone and their Grandma see Avengers 2 in 2015 there will be zero people questioning this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, you're right. Scarlet Witch doesn't serve a greater purpose and is fine in Avengers.

Fox could use Polaris - or what about Zaladane (Zala Dane?). She was Polaris's half-sister (same mother) who became a ruler of the Savage Land and stole Polaris's powers. Could make an interesting story.
Yeah, that would tie her into the plot a bit better in a future flick.

If they are keeping the relation in DOFP to QS and Mags, she can show up here. Be kinda weird if Magneto kids kept popping up through multiple movies this late in the game haha.

Last edited by def28; 06-02-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #49
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
It depends how you define their importance. But some people here don't read every comic-book that was released by Marvel.

People who haven't read the comic-books are more familiar with Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch being part of the X-Men world simply because of the videogames that were released and the cartoons that were aired in TV. And they were also depicted as Magneto's children in those videogames and cartoons.
This is true, but I'm just saying in terms of the actual source material the twins are not that important to X-Men or Magneto and definitely not essential, especially Wanda. You can make the case Pietro has a place because of his involvement with X-Force, but that's it.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #50
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I'd be as interested in seeing Whedon's takes on Wanda and Pietro as much as Singer's. I've a feeling Marvel might deviate a lot more from source than we might think, because of the success of Iron Man 3 despite its total deconstruction of the Mandarin.

Fox has been a bit late in bringing in Magneto's kids. One good way of getting round the fact they've never been mentioned is to have them as his children in an alternate reality where things turned out differently.