The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #26
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Earth One

Yeah i'll probably be picking this up. Just a nit pick but I'm not a fan of the yellow emblem, I prefer the all black bat.

I see they're going for a slightly more realistic re-design of the costume but to me the garrish yellow emblem has always been the most un-realistic and un-mathcing part of the batman costume.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #27
CrimsonMist
Side-Kick

The oval practically makes that costume. If it just had the black bat, the costume would look plain and stupid. Realism or not, he's still a comic character. And the oval is cool.

CrimsonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #28
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah I actually prefer that they chose to go with the movie version pop up emblem aside from the older just fabric printed one. So points to that.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #29
Saint
The Devil's Robot

I wish it were a circle instead of an oval, but I'm glad the yellow disc is seeing use somewhere. I like both versions, so having the disc appear in Earth One and the black bat appear in the main books works out nicely for me.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #30
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I like both versions, so having the disc appear in Earth One and the black bat appear in the main books works out nicely for me.

same here

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #31
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I wish it were a circle instead of an oval, but I'm glad the yellow disc is seeing use somewhere. I like both versions, so having the disc appear in Earth One and the black bat appear in the main books works out nicely for me.

Agreed

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #32
returntovoid
Side-Kick

The Earth-One Batman incarnation from the mid/late Silver Age and Bronze Age had the yellow oval emblem.

The plain bat emblem was brought back sometime during the time period of the Post-Crisis/New Earth Batman incarnation.

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #33
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
The Earth-One Batman incarnation from the mid/late Silver Age and Bronze Age had the yellow oval emblem.

The plain bat emblem was brought back sometime during the time period of the Post-Crisis/New Earth Batman incarnation.
It was brought back for good during the "New Gotham" (2000 - 2001) period to be specific, up until that point the main comics were still very oval centric with the exceptions of a couple of storylines like Year One and Shaman.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 AM   #34
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Yeah i'll probably be picking this up. Just a nit pick but I'm not a fan of the yellow emblem, I prefer the all black bat.

I see they're going for a slightly more realistic re-design of the costume but to me the garrish yellow emblem has always been the most un-realistic and un-mathcing part of the batman costume.

I like it, reminds me of Tim Burton's Batman.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #35
Drz
Real Hero

So how do you guys wanna see modernized Catwoman, Joker, Two-Face and whatnot? Personally i hope Catwoman gets a stealth costume, i mean she's filthy rich so she should have some good equipment from the black market after a view cat thieves. :P

Joker... I want a classic design that makes him look like a normal clown but with the whole anarchy alikeness that Morrison's and Nolan's Joker has. Would it also be cool if this Harvey Dent would resemble Aaron Eckhart abit? Share your thoughts, mates!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #36
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I love to see Aaron Eckhart Two-Face on Earth One, same with Ledger's Joker. Catwoman would have to be look like Michelle P.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:45 AM   #37
Drz
Real Hero

I don't think i wanna see her in a handmade cat-domina costume. It doesn't feel protective enough, like for starters she uses it but then thru black market she buys a stealth costume that protects her and whatnot.

I really wanna see Joker as a crime boss with some great motive, but yeah the 1st comic villain we're seeing is Riddler. Can't wait to see what he'll end up being! Maybe a Internet terrorist? I'm sure Johns won't do that stupid "make him like jigsaw!" kinda deal that people seem to suggest. -__-

Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #38
JokerLedger
Side-Kick

And here I was thinking to myself just a minute ago "It would be cool if DC rebooted Batman"
Lo and behold I come across this thread!

Sounds pretty cool. I love the design on Batman and Alfred's updated look makes a lot of sense. The only problem I have with Batman's new costume is the fact that it's not black! I think it would've been more effective because without trunks, the suit looks absolutely weird in all gray. The no-trunks look only works with an all-black batsuit in my opinion.

JokerLedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #39
MrZombay
Side-Kick

I think they're trying way too hard to make the characters seem "EXTREME!", Batman has too much stuff going on in his costume and he looks weird without the trunks. I like Batman when he resembles a demon or a wraith, not a high tech crime fighter.

MrZombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #40
batman44
Go Speed GO

I really like the talent behind this book so I'll be picking this up. Bat's redesign is good if not alittle generic, very close to one I made myself. Glad to see the oval back.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #41
Cain
"West West Y'all"

To my fellow fans who enjoy the regular DCU continuity, do you think this will prolong Bruce's return now? since Dick being Bats has pretty much pleased a great majority of the fanbase and the sales represent that and this will be more accessible to the BB/TDK crowd anyway. The bridge has finally been built so I hope this means Grayson Bats in the canon for at least another 4 years

Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Batman looks like Christian Bale
Yeah but Bruce Wayne doesn't

Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #43
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Ah Bruce does look like Bale too......

Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #44
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Ah Bruce does look like Bale too......

I don't think so at all, his face is way too rugged, chin and jawline way too strong looking and eyes way too blue to look anything like Bale if anything he looks more like New Earth Bruce than anything else just a bit younger. Oh and young Bruce does look like Damian a lot too.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #45
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Huh?! Alfred is the absoute spitting image of my Dad! Seriously.

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #46
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
To my fellow fans who enjoy the regular DCU continuity, do you think this will prolong Bruce's return now? since Dick being Bats has pretty much pleased a great majority of the fanbase and the sales represent that and this will be more accessible to the BB/TDK crowd anyway. The bridge has finally been built so I hope this means Grayson Bats in the canon for at least another 4 years
I would be okay with this aslong as it doesn't screw up Morrison's plans. I mean we know Bruce is coming back next year, but we don't know will he immediatly become Batman or will there be 2 Batmans or something.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #47
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Upon closer examination, I've just noticed Bruce Waynes eyes are clearly visible through Batmans mask.

Not sure if I like that... But mostly this sounds like an interesting idea.

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #48
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Alfred is ripped!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #49
raybia
Signing off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
Upon closer examination, I've just noticed Bruce Waynes eyes are clearly visible through Batmans mask.

Not sure if I like that... But mostly this sounds like an interesting idea.
Guess that means that Batman won't be making public appearances!

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #50
raybia
Signing off

Portion of a Frank interview:

Frank: Superman/Clark is open and relaxed most of the time. Sure he might be nervous occasionally but it's that same kind of nervous we all get. As Clark, he even acts more tense than he is.

Batman/Bruce, at least in his early days, is the opposite. He can fake relaxed but his core is always in roiling. I'd like to have him feel tightly-wound, very controlled because, underneath there is the rage. Don't forget that we aren't dealing with the seasoned crimefighter/detective here. This is a raw you man trying to fill a hole in his soul.

The young Clark was given wonderful parents and spends the rest of his life trying to say "thank you." Bruce is robbed of his family and decides that the criminal world is going to pay.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote