The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 07-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #51
ultrasuperduckman
Rise.

Default Re: The 'Streets of Gotham' Thread

Should I know who the mysterious guy is???

ultrasuperduckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #52
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

i have no clue....looks like bullock but im probably wrong

Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #53
Drz
Real Hero

This was a great issue. Loved how Firefly was displayed. Black Mask looks cool thru Dustin's drawings and the ending was pretty awesome haha.

Darkknight15 that is an EXCELENT guess, lets take a look at this: http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/im...9034805940.jpg

It shows Harvey Bullock and Jane doe, we havent seen neither one yet but the possibility of Harvey is pretty good. It would truly mean even he changed after Gotham lacked a Batman.

Last edited by Drz; 07-16-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #54
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Tommy Elliott is a genius, and those last lines between Alfred and Damian were classic.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #55
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Damn Tommy just checked the entire Bat family in one fell swoop. It's chess not checkers, indeed.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #56
ultrasuperduckman
Rise.

I didn't like how one of the action scenes flowed involving Black Mask and the explosion. But this issue re-assured me to keep picking it up. Pretty interesting ending.

Batman creates fear.

DC Universe Online: PS3
PvP Server: The Killing Joke
Name: Christopher Nolan
Morality: Hero
Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #57
K.B.
Side-Kick

Another great issue.

As an aside, the 3.99 price point is well worth it because unlike say Dark Avengers (or any marvel book of the same price) B:SOG gives you EXTRA pages with the back up while the marvel stuff offers you nothing more.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #58
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

The ending was great, but I especially enjoyed the Justice League's and Ra's al Ghul's reaction to Elliot's announcement. It went from scoffing and amusement to just pure confusion. Good stuff.

SlackBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #59
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Preview

new artwork from upcoming Gotham Streets arc............

Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #60
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

^^^^ Hahahaha, that's awesome!

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #61
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

my new desktop background, it's genius.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #62
ultrasuperduckman
Rise.

That's F'n sweeeeet!

Batman creates fear.

DC Universe Online: PS3
PvP Server: The Killing Joke
Name: Christopher Nolan
Morality: Hero
Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #63
Drz
Real Hero

Oh god i just read Streets of Gotham #3... Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen. I LOVE YOU! Okay im so excited im spilling the beans, read it if you wish!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The comic starts with Hush's Bruce Wayne acting, giving 10 million to the nuns, re-opening the acme chemical facture for jobs (yeah, this is the chemical plant Joker is rumoured to have born) and pretty much throwing away money. Damian attacks him in the evening and he, Richard and Hush talk, yet Richard realizes the value of Bruce Wayne, he realizes how important it is to give hope to Gotham and how Bruce Wayne (not Batman lol, thats the funny part) is needed for Gotham.

We cut to the Penquin, who now being a partner with Black Mask (Man , the editor in the Batman comics is doing really good job informing each writer whats happening) and so on, but the best part? We see how Mr. Zsasz sees the word... He sees everything as red, and he sees how he visions people dead, literally we see him imagining blades at even Black Mask's face and whatnot, but hey Black Mask is now Zsasz' best friend, and he is offering the best deal ever: Money to buy people Zsasz can torture. Oh god, i just love the point of views from Zsasz, this truly was a great comic to read after the below mediocore Red Robin #3 ! The comic ends with Hush buying the Elliot house where he's greeted by Richard, Damian, Zatanna, John Stewart and the Outsiders. From now on Hush is their puppet, he can only appear in public if _one_ guy is with him to keep him incheck. >: ) Oh and Damian might have a crush on Katana.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #64
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

i dont know, it seems to me like this title has been the most disappointing of the Batman Reborn. It seems like Dini is just using the same characters (zatanna, hush, etc) over and over again. I liked his Detective run much better

Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #65
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

It's a great book. Dini's taking already cool characters like Black Mask and Mr. Zasz, and is making them even more awesome.

Unlike his Detective run where he choose to use Tweedle Dee and Sleepy McGee every 5 issues.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #66
howl
thrash beyond death

yet to read this book. should i be?

howl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #67
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by howl View Post
yet to read this book. should i be?
Yes, you definitely should. It's terrific.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #68
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

It's the most classic 2000s Batman of all the titles right now. It feels like it's very much in the spirit of Rucka and Brubaker and Winick's work.

Whereas, say, Batman and Robin, is very 70s Grant Morrison weird.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #69
howl
thrash beyond death

sweet. i'll have a hard time trying to find the singles, but hopefully they collect em into a tpb.

howl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 AM   #70
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I don't find it that great. Hush is used in an interesting way, but the stories are weak. Nothing special in it. Of course it's only my opinion, it's not the truth ;-). Morrison's work is more my thing.

Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #71
Figs
Banned User

For whoever buys the tpb/graphic novel versions they have it up for preorder at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Streets...6326973&sr=1-2

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #72
Saved
SynTheMerc

Anyone have any thoughts on issue 7? I thought it was great - Zsasz's story is really coming together nicely and I'm actually enjoying the Manhunter back ups. Too bad they're changing it soon.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #73
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

My favorite issue of the entire series to date only reason I didn't bother to bump this thread last week was cause honestly people in this section don't really read comic books. There are a lot more Batman movie fans or TAS fans than comic book fans on this site which makes sense since it's a movie site.

But this was indeed a brillaint issue. I loved Damian's reaction to the kids being murdered, it's so Bruce like. Also enjoyed the back up a lot this month I too am saddened to see Manhunter go again so soon

Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #74
Drz
Real Hero

Yeah it seems the number of comic readers active in these forums dropped alot since Bruce Wayne "died". =/ I highly recommend going to the Comic Book section of SHH. Great community there with loads of comic fans.

I'm loving Streets of Gotham. I even liked the guest writer who did the Huntress|Man-Bat story. I'm very intriqued by Abuse who turned out not to be Detectuve Bullock. =O It's the Kid from Heart of Hush!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #75
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Yeah it seems the number of comic readers active in these forums dropped alot since Bruce Wayne "died". =/ I highly recommend going to the Comic Book section of SHH. Great community there with loads of comic fans.

I'm loving Streets of Gotham. I even liked the guest writer who did the Huntress|Man-Bat story. I'm very intriqued by Abuse who turned out not to be Detectuve Bullock. =O It's the Kid from Heart of Hush!
Yeah which is what makes seeing so many people argue about which Batman movie is more "faithful to the comics" all the time even more hilarious since many of these people never even read the comics

The ones who do stick to the same ol storylines people parrot around to seem "credible" (Ie: TDKR, TLH, Hush, TKJ, Year One). I think I will just go ahead and transplant myself to the DC Comics section of this site cause the same thing happens in the Superman comic board on SHH too.

I thought the Abuse reveal was a very nice touch. At first I didn't quite get it till I saw how similar the little boy looked to the heart of hush kid and then the lady says his name and it's the same one from HoH. I went back and re-read HoH and was like

Very cool way of Dini to make his run one large epic story Morrison style considering he started out his run just with one shot deals. It's awesome to me how Scarecrow has now created a new crime bashing vigilante without even realizing it. Good stuff.