The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #76
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: Batman: Earth One

I have no problem with it, he's Batman either way to me.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #77
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
Sorry, I just can't see someone who has read comics for a long time & been primarily exposed to the ellipse being against it!

It's classic Batman...
I respectfully disagree there are many classic batman stories without the elipse. Year One ,The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Arkham Asylum (never seen), Its gone for pretty much the last two thirds of the TDKR, to name a few.

The Bob Kane Batman and Batman for the first 25 years did not have the yellow ellipse. It was added on as a copyrighting device for DC pretty much. (To be honest how else can you get the batman symbol on a black tee).

Aesthetically I think the black bat works better. For the yellow symbol to work i think you need an all black suit ala the Burton batman. Yellow on black looks distinct and striking, yellow on grey just doesn't look great imo.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #78
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Quote:
Sorry, I just can't see someone who has read comics for a long time & been primarily exposed to the ellipse being against it!

It's classic Batman...
it's classic batman? the yellow ellipse didnt appear until 1964! 25 years after batman's first appearance! if you want to discuss the yellow oval, i would not recommend using the word "classic" as a defense. the ellipse may be your preference because it's what your most familiar and comfortable with, and thats totally cool, but if you're gonna debate between the two designs based on one being more classic than the other, good luck! but none of this has anything to do with anyone's level of "fandom". its merely a simple preference of visual aesthetic. so i highly recommend you consider that before you write people off and questioning their sincerity for the character just because they dont share your opinion of a superficial matter.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #79
Bat Attack
Mirth

I personally prefer the yellow eclipse, but whether it's there or not is no big deal to me. Does it affect the story in any way? No, it doesn't.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #80
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

i don't consider preference to bfandom, I am just saying that most people on this board act like it is the plague because it isn't currently in style...

if anything I would encourage people to open their minds & not think inside the box.

but because it isn't hip, people bash it...

have your own opinion!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #81
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
And they'd tell you it's a 12 issue story of a Batman character study with a tough Robin and a happy Batman. Literally 1 day after Batman "died" they assured it wasn't anything that would stay.

Like it or not but the sales and fans are loving Batman & Robin, and Bruce is set to make his comeback in 2010. Dan Didio already confirmed it.
In fact people love Dick and Damian as the dynamic duo so much that they are asking for more of them since DC already announced that Bruce's Return will start in March.
I love the new duo as well, and i too want more of them before we go back to the same ol', same ol'. Dickbat is just so much more fun!

As for the batsuit, i never was a fan of the yellow emblem but its supposed to be Batman's emblem in his first years so i dont mind it so much. Especially when he doesnt have the yellow belt and the suit would look bland without a striking detail. Its the seams on his suit and cowl that ruin it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
To my fellow fans who enjoy the regular DCU continuity, do you think this will prolong Bruce's return now? since Dick being Bats has pretty much pleased a great majority of the fanbase and the sales represent that and this will be more accessible to the BB/TDK crowd anyway. The bridge has finally been built so I hope this means Grayson Bats in the canon for at least another 4 years
I hope so. I mean, hardcore Bruce fans still have confidential and a buttload of other issues with Bruce coming out. I am enjoying this new dynamic in the batman franchise and i just love Damian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Just an observation but I've noticed the only people I've seen knock the oval most are the ones who got into Batman comics this decade or got into Batman through the Nolan movies. I've never seen anybody else before that complain about the yellow bat insignia really.
What if we simply prefer the black bat emblem?
Quote:

It's classic Batman...
Its classic but the new one makes it look cheesy. Why cant you accept opinions different to your own?

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 12-18-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #82
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

bruce wayne is so GOSH DANG boring. what are we going to do, go back to penguin trying to take over crime syndicates, two face being indecisive, joker poisoning the watering hole and catwomans unrequited love OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER..... ill take grayson, damien, professor pyg, flamingo, jason todd/red hood ANY DAY ANYTIME ANY PLACe over the same old bruce wayne deduced your riddle crap anyday.

SixtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #83
Venom 1988
formerly Ultimate_Venom

.....what?

Best Batman Movie News Site Ever. Don't let a specific Texan fool ya!
http://batman-news.com/
Venom 1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #84
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom 1988 View Post
.....what?

Someone not knowing what they're talking about, that's what.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:01 AM   #85
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
bruce wayne is so GOSH DANG boring. what are we going to do, go back to penguin trying to take over crime syndicates, two face being indecisive, joker poisoning the watering hole and catwomans unrequited love OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER..... ill take grayson, damien, professor pyg, flamingo, jason todd/red hood ANY DAY ANYTIME ANY PLACe over the same old bruce wayne deduced your riddle crap anyday.
But some of the villains in Batman and Robin serie are villains that Bruce has defeated. This "Earth One" serie is for those who don't wish to follow monthlies and want a modern take on Bruce Wayne Batman. It's pretty much for Nolan fans and other modern Batman fans who don't wish to get into the 70 years of Batman but want a fresh bold start.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #86
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
his "Earth One" serie is for those who don't wish to follow monthlies and want a modern take on Bruce Wayne Batman. It's pretty much for Nolan fans and other modern Batman fans who don't wish to get into the 70 years of Batman but want a fresh bold start.
I both agree and disagree with this... I don't follow monthlies, Never Really have, yet I have delved into Batman's 70 year history extensively. I may be a rare case because I have been reading Bat books for almost 10 years and I still like Nolan's films & AM VERY ANXIOUS TO PICK THIS UP!

This book is not necessarily for newbs like you imply!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #87
Drz
Real Hero

Ah sorry for the false implies! I'm also very excited for this! But i mean, some people just can't be bothered to learn that theres 4 Robins out there and that 3 people have been Batman (4 if you count Thomas Wayne) and whatnot whatnot. I mean thats why it's easy to recommend books like "The Dark Knight Returns" or "Year One" and stuff like that, but here we have a new bold ongoing that comes 1-2 copies a year.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #88
Cain
"West West Y'all"

5 Robin's actually.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #89
Drz
Real Hero

I don't wanna count Steph! She is Spoiler to me! (But yeah you're right, 5 Robins).

Old 12-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #90
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Dr. Z, I agree. I am of the opinion that too many people who call themselves BAT-fans only read the most popular books and can't be bothered with actual specifics! A lot of newbs don't care that there have been 4 Robins out there (can't count Steph) or that more than one guy has been Batman and whatnot.

That's why it pisses me off when newbs browse and post in the movie threads acting like they know all about a character and that their opinion is the final word.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #91
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

Ok. First of all. You guyys only barely touched on the full reason for the yellow ellipse. Its not "just" for a new look. Aside from any legal or merchandising reasons, it was the first time batman introduced armor protection. Yes, its yellow to give a target. Whoever it was (sry I can't quote you, I'm replying from my phone lol) that said you aren't gunna sit there and try to aim for a target, your not looking at it from the right perspective. Picture batman in the shadows. The only thing your really gunna see is the yellow bat. That's what they mean by a target.b onto what I was saying, when it was introduced, batman put a plate of armor behind it so when they shot him, it'd hit the armor. This was obviously before they decided to make his whole suit armor. But the yellow symbol is what introduced the idea of body armor. Therefore making it awesome. It started a new revolution for his char. It initiated the soldier feel. That's why its classic. And yes 1964. But. A lot of batmans best stuff was during that time. I think he ment classic as most recognized. Not oldschool. Between comming out with the comics during that time, the tim burton movie, and batman tas having that symbol (btw. Yellow on grey worked for him dude) I would agree it is classic batman. Besides. You think a batman t shirt. Its gunna be that symbol. Garenteed.

Man my thumbs hurt from typing on my qwerty lol.

Red_Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #92
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

Ok. First of all. You guyys only barely touched on the full reason for the yellow ellipse. Its not "just" for a new look. Aside from any legal or merchandising reasons, it was the first time batman introduced armor protection. Yes, its yellow to give a target. Whoever it was (sry I can't quote you, I'm replying from my phone lol) that said you aren't gunna sit there and try to aim for a target, your not looking at it from the right perspective. Picture batman in the shadows. The only thing your really gunna see is the yellow bat. That's what they mean by a target.b onto what I was saying, when it was introduced, batman put a plate of armor behind it so when they shot him, it'd hit the armor. This was obviously before they decided to make his whole suit armor. But the yellow symbol is what introduced the idea of body armor. Therefore making it awesome. It started a new revolution for his char. It initiated the soldier feel. That's why its classic. And yes 1964. But. A lot of batmans best stuff was during that time. I think he ment classic as most recognized. Not oldschool. Between comming out with the comics during that time, the tim burton movie, and batman tas having that symbol (btw. Yellow on grey worked for him dude) I would agree it is classic batman. Besides. You think a batman t shirt. Its gunna be that symbol. Garenteed.

Man my thumbs hurt from typing on my qwerty lol.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #93
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

Sry for the double post. I blame my phone -.-

Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #94
Drz
Real Hero

I never got why the yellow oval can be such an actual deal breaker for some. >_>

Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #95
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

Me neither! I'm neutral about it. Its different artists renditions. We should appreciate it for what it is god damnit!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #96
Zombie Superman
Shatterer of Worlds

Wouldn't it be cool if the oval was a mini-Batsignal, kind of like the one Spidey used to use? Thus it would only be yellow when in use.

It could be used as a means of blinding criminals before attacking them, and wouldn't have to be used often.

This would be a great way to make the oval useful to the costume.

Z\S/

Zombie Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #97
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

4 foot tall ears on his mask,a never ending constipated frown,a 90 inch barrell chest and 50 inch biceps on Batman bother me much more than the yellow oval on his chest but to each his own.I'm really looking forward to this series and hope (as well as asume),that it will be more along the lines of what I thought All Star Batman and Robin was originally going to be.

Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #98
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

Yeah, we REALLY need an ENTIRE series devoted to explaining how Batman's suit is a "Nomex, kevlar triple weave protype marines battle suit, lined with pure 24k gold. the cowl utilized starlight nightvision generation 7 lenses capable of functioning in near blackout conditions w/optional infrared backup all of this linked to Norad accessable satellite uplink radio aparatus quadruple encrypted on a teraflop network. OH and the cape, buddy the cape is a lead tip weighted, bulletproof kevlar weave with an electro-magnetic current induced rigitididididdidy that can at once be firm, yet pliable like a teen's A$$. i can see how this is completely necessary for Batman. I cant stand batman and robin, or dick grayson. only bruce wayne should be batman! ONLY ONLY ONLY YLNO YLNO. i quit buying bat books the second the series turned into this mockery of his good name and status. if i dont get another story where the riddler scheme is foiled by the batgod ill switch to marvel. im serious. *morgan freemans voice* "and mr. wayne it does come in ELIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ( for all you ACTUAL comic fans) this series blows. judge/jury/execution

SixtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #99
GlasgowBat
Side-Kick

.......wow, pretty neat wee rant you have there.

also, "teens A$$"? to each their own i suppose........

GlasgowBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #100
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
Yeah, we REALLY need an ENTIRE series devoted to explaining how Batman's suit is a "Nomex, kevlar triple weave protype marines battle suit, lined with pure 24k gold. the cowl utilized starlight nightvision generation 7 lenses capable of functioning in near blackout conditions w/optional infrared backup all of this linked to Norad accessable satellite uplink radio aparatus quadruple encrypted on a teraflop network. OH and the cape, buddy the cape is a lead tip weighted, bulletproof kevlar weave with an electro-magnetic current induced rigitididididdidy that can at once be firm, yet pliable like a teen's A$$. i can see how this is completely necessary for Batman. I cant stand batman and robin, or dick grayson. only bruce wayne should be batman! ONLY ONLY ONLY YLNO YLNO. i quit buying bat books the second the series turned into this mockery of his good name and status. if i dont get another story where the riddler scheme is foiled by the batgod ill switch to marvel. im serious. *morgan freemans voice* "and mr. wayne it does come in ELIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ( for all you ACTUAL comic fans) this series blows. judge/jury/execution
You can stop talking now.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote