The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Products > Superhero Products

Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #126
lars573
Side-Kick

Default Re: Toy Fair 2010 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jay420 View Post
I don't have Nerd Rage and I'm not angry, I promise.

1. If you're in Canada, where are you getting your United States cost info from? I just bought the DCUC Kilowog line, like a few weeks ago, and they were $13.77, not $14.99. So you're wrong there. A big thing of MUs allure, seems to be price. My question is, if DCUC costs you 15-16 bucks, how much for MUs? Are they really that much cheaper? What are you saving? 2 bucks? 3? That's not a big deal to me.

2. I'm not angry, we're just talkin'. Sculpt is similar, yeah, but I have MLs with individually sculpted fingers that I can move independently of each other. I think that's awesome. I can have Captain America hoisting his shield AND pointing at you at the same time. And a real pointed index figure, not a Kung Fu grip fist. I think that's awesome and THAT's the action figure I want. I think that's better.

3. I'm gonna tell you this. I stopped in Target today and I saw a lot of the MU secret wars 2packs. The packaging was really cool looking. The big comic right in the middle, and it says clear as day, "#6 of 12, Spider-Man and Magneto, or #8 of 12, Thor and Enchantress. Mr. Fantastic and Ultron." Really cool figures and pairings. And I thought, Cool. Enchantress? Never saw her in ML. Ultron? Not a good ML version. Cool, I want these." And then I took a good look at them.....and they suck, man. They do. Thunderball looks like he can't even hold his ball. I'm jealous I don't have an ML one, but you can have the MU version. No thanks. And that Spider-Man is hideous. There is no way these things are on par, or even better (you gotta be kidding me.) than MLs.

That Spider-Man ^ could never do this ...

In fact, I'll state that as a friendly challenge, show me your best looking MU Spider-Man pose. Show how much better the Marvel Universe is.

Nah, they look cheap and ugly to me. Never. But my loss, right? When ML is done, I'm done. So you guys carry on! Have a great time.

4. That's another way to look at it. But a Neon is a crappy car. Yeah, it's cheaper and more fuel efficient, but it's small and crappy and has no power. That's what you wanna play with? Actually, not even play with, just to stand in a row on your shelf? Just to save 3 bucks? C'mon Lars, you don't really believe that's better, do you? Where's your style, brotha?

5. retail sucks, but yeah, if it doesn't sell, they can't carry it. Of course. But I think people were buying MLs. They only reason I haven't bought any is because I can't find them! I still haven't seen the Nemesis wave in Walmart. Granted I didn't buy every figure in the waves, but I usually bought a couple. I couldn't have been the only one.

I don't know anything about action figure producing costs, or how oil factors into that, but it can't be THAT much cheaper to shorten your actions figures by 2 and 1/4 inches. How much can they REALLY be saving?

"6 inches tall? No, that's gonna bankrupt us! We can't make money on those."

"Make them 2 and 1/4 inches smaller and we'll save a fortune and actually make money on these things." That can't be true.

and c'mon, Lars,

bummed out = rage ???

I guess you're missing my tone. I'm not angry or in rage, I'm just a smartass!

1. The internets, fwoosh and TFW2005 mostly. Fwoosh in fact has entire thread about DCUC increasing price point, and not all Targets have put the price up yet. DCUC costs me $22.60 (with taxes) each time. MU $11.29 or $12.42, litterally half as much.

2. One of my problems with ML is the articulation, there being far, far, too much of it. Especially the hands. I'd rather the hand swapping like Hasbro has put into the two-packs. And the upcominh IM2 Wally world exclusive 6 inch figures. Or like are standard on SHfiguarts.

3. Actually he could do something very similar. Not 100% duplication as he doesn't have a wrist hinge, and his torso ball can't bend that much. But try this on, a WO/MU X-men display. Not mine, I couldn't get a hold of those kind of stands.

Or secret wars

Hawkeye

4. No matter how much power a car has it won't make your penis bigger. And I do play with them, ALL my MU is on my PC desk. Which isn't level so I can't pose them much unless I get stands.

5. The first steps was WM ordering less

Last edited by lars573; 03-06-2010 at 05:22 PM.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #127
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

1. That's a huge price difference. Wow. I'd be pissed at $23 bucks a pop for DCUC or MLs. I wouldn't buy 'em at that price. They are not that much in states. Not in Florida, anyway. That would suck. I see your point about price, now. I would go without, but that's just me.

2. Too much articlulation?! Whaaa????

3. Meh, I like wolverine the best, and that's not all that dynamic, though. Hawkeye looks good. Gambit is by far the worst. Is that really as high as leg will go? BAH! Not impressed.

4. What does my schlong have to do with anything? I'm not trying to extend my ding-dong, I wanna play with fun toys. Bigger, sturdier, and more fun to play with. And MLs look better too. Personal choice, I guess.

5. Walmart can suck it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you've got some really good poses in there man. *congrats*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Spider-Jay420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #128
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
1. The internets, fwoosh and TFW2005 mostly. Fwoosh in fact has entire thread about DCUC increasing price point, and not all Targets have put the price up yet. DCUC costs me $22.60 (with taxes) each time. MU $11.29 or $12.42, litterally half as much.

2. One of my problems with ML is the articulation, there being far, far, too much of it. Especially the hands. I'd rather the hand swapping like Hasbro has put into the two-packs. And the upcominh IM2 Wally world exclusive 6 inch figures. Or like are standard on SHfiguarts.

3. Actually he could do something very similar. Not 100% duplication as he doesn't have a wrist hinge, and his torso ball can't bend that much. But try this on, a WO/MU X-men display. Not mine, I couldn't get a hold of those kind of stands.

Or secret wars

Hawkeye

4. No matter how much power a car has it won't make your penis bigger. And I do play with them, ALL my MU is on my PC desk. Which isn't level so I can't pose them much unless I get stands.

those poses really arn't that great/special.... sorry

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #129
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I want that Thor dangit. I haven't seen him yet

Quote:

Or secret wars

Hawkeye

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #130
Goldenage Batman
More Hated then Feared

Wow...I didn't any(pics) NECA plans for future Harry Potter figures...the really bums me out.....

Goldenage Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #131
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Quote:
Can I just say that you are insane. I mainly collect 5inch Dr Who figures from CO, and they have some pretty basic articulation. Don't get me wrong, I love these figures but hell if I could sell my soul for a Dr that could hold his screwdriver infront of his face like in promo pics...
Quote:

Or secret wars

Hawkeye
Why is there no string to his bow? Why does Thor's cape look made out of a duvet? Seriously, those are some damn sucky figures. Now I've never seen these in person but the promo images were enough to make me hate them and these do nothing to change that. Horrible stuff...

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #132
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

I saw that Thor packed with Enchantress. His cape limits him. His hammer has the inscription on it, but you can't read it. All you can make out is 'THOR' at the bottom of it.

Quote:
Quote:
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #133
Silver Knight
Banned User

Quote:
After a 2 second Google search, here you go pal....

You're on your own with that crap stuff. Have fun!!
Thanks mate, your the only cool dude in the products forum.

Silver Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #134
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

Awww, thanks Brotha. you're pretty special too.

So how much of that Skrek stuff are you gonna get? That disco ball looks pretty fun, huh? Ogre Baby? Beanie Babies?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #135
BizarroAids
Heh

Some of the Marvel Universe figures are pretty cool, but I've seem to run into a problem with the Secret Wars figs I purchased.......they break easily when posing. I got the Cap/Klaw combo and also the Spidey,Iceman, Firestar,3 pack combo from Toys R Us..well, firestar's torso is about to rip off, as well as Spideys, and Icemans arm is loose...and this was after opening them. Along with Cap, his boot part of his leg is broken off. Luckily I have his Ulitmates variant.

These figures are such a cool idea, granted most of the articulation isn't the best, and it seems alot of them are rush jobs,but overall I like the concept. For 6 bucks you can get smaller versions of Legends, and they take up half the space. The Iron Man 2 line is pretty bad ass itself. I'd really like to find a Punisher and Hulk tho. It seems I see an over abundance of Hobgoblins, Union Jaks, and Vindicators.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #136
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

I saw an MU Luke Cage today and I gotta say, he looked really cool. Black tank top, removable CAGE gold chain, removable skull cap. He looked really sweet and would look even better in 6 inch, but I almost bought him....

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #137
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

Man, I can't believe how dead it is around here. What are you guys doing? Working??

Anyway, Happy 2,000th post to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #138
Silver Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Man, I can't believe how dead it is around here. What are you guys doing? Working??

Anyway, Happy 2,000th post to me.

Its dead because TF2010 was lame.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #139
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

right. and over.

but i'm talkin the entire forum. not much happening at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #140
venom892
Got Lucky

I miss the days when we filled the forum with irrelevant conversation.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #141
Silver Knight
Banned User

Quote:
right. and over.

I know what your saying. I guess theres nothing new and exiting to talk about.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #142
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

I blame it on the death of marvel legends and these STUPID happy meal toys that took there place.

"Madam, I am a professional. The Key to my release is under this pillow."

Add me on Playstation Network!
Avvy By
uchiha_itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #143
Silver Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha_itachi View Post
I blame it on the death of marvel legends and these STUPID happy meal toys that took there place.
I agree with this above statement.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #144
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i concur. hell the only thing i can even remotely talk about is that...

-i still need a red hulk head (someone was suppose to send me!!!)
-still need sharon carter
-still need dum dum
-still need 3 male shield agents
-still need 3 hand ninjas

and thats it on my list till the new 2 packs come out before xmas.....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #145
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

And when those two packs come out all I'll be saying is DEADPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

"Madam, I am a professional. The Key to my release is under this pillow."

Add me on Playstation Network!
Avvy By
uchiha_itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #146
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Quote:
right. and over.

Because it seems like most of discussions end up being about how much the MU figure line sucks, and it's tiresome.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #147
Silver Knight
Banned User

MU figs do suck though.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 AM   #148
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote