The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

View Poll Results: Who should wield the shield?
Chris Evans 139 79.43%
Wilson Bethel 7 4.00%
Mike Vogel 29 16.57%
Ryan Philippe 24 13.71%
Channing Tatum 9 5.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #76
That-Guy
Banned User

Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

I'd rather see Tatum O'Neal play Cap than Channing Tatum.

I also think that Tatum Bell would make a better Cap than Channing Tatum, along with the kid from Little Man Tate, Tate Donovan and a bag Tato Skins.

Come to think of it, I'd also rather see Stockard Channing play Cap than Channing Tatum.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #77
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
Is anyone else still hoping Mike Vogel gets the part?
Yep

Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
mjames345
Side-Kick

Yeah why isn't Hedlund available to choose for the poll? He's my top choice for the role, but since he wasn't there I picked Evans
I think Bethel and Tatum are awful choices, Phillippe better but not by much.
The top tier is Hedlund, Evans, and Vogel (that's my order of preference).
Vogel has the look but I do have concerns about him sharing the screen with Downey, Norton, and Sam Jackson and being able to be the leader among them.
Evans I like a lot but since he has already been the Human Torch it puts him a notch below Hedlund. (If he gets the part I won't give a damn about this but I am being forced to choose here so it matters just enough to influence my top choice.)

Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #79
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

from what we know the other day or so an EW article stated hedlund is likely out of the running. Though he could always be an option. Since from most reports he was a strong favorite for marvel. He was one of the names from the other week i was rooting for along evans, and vogel.

As for evans being johnny storm, yes he was good in those movies and it was liked. But as others have said they havent become as iconic like spider-man or the reeve superman films. And being its getting the reboot treatment. I see no reason why evans cant have a shot at playing another iconic character. There is many actors who have played many different iconic roles from books to historical figures.

So it shouldnt matter if evans was cap. Sure i would love if its someone who wasnt in a hero movie already. With the current names Evans is my top choice, with vogel as a secondary choice. Hopefully phillippe will be knocked out due to his age, and tatum i hope doesnt make it past the execs.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #80
That-Guy
Banned User

I don't think Hedlund is really out of the running, or at least I hope not. As far as I know, only one site reported that, and even then it was a "this is what someone told us" kind of thing.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #81
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
The thing is I dont think Marvel can listen to the fans because so many people want so many different things for Cap. This is true with all casting choices, except with this casting there is a lot wider spectrum for what people want

If they listen to fans they would need some kind of way to mix: Brad Pitt 10 Years Ago, matt Damon 10 years ago, some ugly guy (so Cap is a "pretty boy"), John Cena's muscles, the 616 Cap comics, a little bit of the Ultimate comics, and natural charisma
Sorry I misworded. I didn't mean he got the part directly because of the fans. It was down to Gyllenhaal and Bale. Nolan wanted Bale and Goyer wanted Jake. Jake must have put up one great audition to be the runner up. But the final choice came down because of the fan support for Bale. It wasn't because WB scowered the internet to see the fasns choices and cast them based on that. Sorry if I wasn't clear. But you are right.

Apart of me is glad they're taking there time with it, but another part is frustrated and just wants it cast already. They are casting for two franchises after all. Maybe it's not as simple as we think.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #82
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i too would like if hedlund is an option still. for me evans, vogel, hedlund are the top 3 i would like to see for the role. But if hedlund is really out as i said evans is my top pick and vogel is my secondary option.

OH totally i like many of us fans here would love if it was cast already. But we dont know all the details of how tests are going and who are all testing. Sure we hear of a few names here and there. But they are not only ones who are likely testing.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #83
mjames345
Side-Kick

(This is completely a theory made up by me based on reading about Marvel's contract negotiations)
Is it possible Hedlund is really the favorite here? It seems in all the articles before recently he was mentioned as sort of an after thought, and now someone recently reported that he was out of the running but was also a favorite of the Marvel studios execs.
I am thinking that he is the favorite and they are trying to talk him down on salary and agree to this crazy 9 picture deal that they want.
Well anyway that's my theory about what is going on here

Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #84
The Snake Eye
Side-Kick

Evans for Cap!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #85
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Sorry I misworded. I didn't mean he got the part directly because of the fans. It was down to Gyllenhaal and Bale. Nolan wanted Bale and Goyer wanted Jake. Jake must have put up one great audition to be the runner up. But the final choice came down because of the fan support for Bale. It wasn't because WB scowered the internet to see the fasns choices and cast them based on that. Sorry if I wasn't clear. But you are right.

Apart of me is glad they're taking there time with it, but another part is frustrated and just wants it cast already. They are casting for two franchises after all. Maybe it's not as simple as we think.
oh okay. I wasnt around for the BB casting but that sounds like it was interesting

I'm kind of glad there taking there time too except if it starts filming in June. That gives said actor so little time for training, workouts, etc.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #86
That-Guy
Banned User

Quote:
oh okay. I wasnt around for the BB casting but that sounds like it was interesting

I'm kind of glad there taking there time too except if it starts filming in June. That gives said actor so little time for training, workouts, etc.
Hey, if Bale can go from 63 lbs to 250 lbs of pure muscle in 6 weeks, ANYONE CAN DAMMIT!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #87
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Hey, if Bale can go from 63 lbs to 250 lbs of pure muscle in 6 weeks, ANYONE CAN DAMMIT!!!
Well duh everyone knows that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #88
batdude
Side-Kick

I'm sure that the pre serum Steve is part of this. I'm just not sure that is what eliminated Mcpartlin or anyone else. I suspect this nine picture dealm is what's causing most of the problem.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #89
piccolo
Doom is watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
yea i too would like if hedlund is an option still. for me evans, vogel, hedlund are the top 3 i would like to see for the role.
If any of those 3 get picked, i'm happy.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #90
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
If any of those 3 get picked, i'm happy.
same here

Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #91
Chewy
REDACTED

I don't think the 9 picture deal is as hindering as everyone's making it out to be. SLJ signed one, ScarJo signed one, I suspect Hiddleston and Hemsworth signed them. And the supporting actors aren't being required to sign them; for instance, Portman only signed a three pic deal.

I think the bigger issue is the $300K paycheck

Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #92
Blackman
C'mon Son

Everytime Chewy post I rush in to see if its official news

Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #93
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior

GOOOOOOOOOO Team Hedlund! (followed by Team Evans and Team Vogel)

"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

Old 03-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #94
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't think the 9 picture deal is as hindering as everyone's making it out to be. SLJ signed one, ScarJo signed one, I suspect Hiddleston and Hemsworth signed them. And the supporting actors aren't being required to sign them; for instance, Portman only signed a three pic deal.

I meant to include the 300K thing as part of my original post. There's no doubt Marvel is being cheap here.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #95
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:

Scarjo is a good example but SLJ? Dude would sign up to be in pretty much anything.

Quote:
LOL, me too.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #96
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #97
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Got me again...^^^

Quote:

No way SJ will be in 9 movies, even as cameos. Can't see her being in every Avengers movie, and even if she is, maybe IM3, a SHIELD movie or spinoff... that's like five movies. I don't think fans will be demanding a BW appearance in every Marvel movie either.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #98
Chewy
REDACTED

I never said she'd be in 9 movies, only that she signed a 9 movie deal.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #99
goh78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkuldhc View Post
Yeah, I agree. Once they reboot Fantastic Four and start rolling out all these Cap and Avengers movies, it won't really matter that Evans was HT.

It's not like getting Christian Bale to also play Superman. The F4 movies were largely forgettable, and Evans was only a part of the ensemble, rather than a lead. He'll be playing a completely different character, too. And the 1940's era feel will really contrast with the campy modern day feel of the F4 movies.

I think Marvel and DC have a larger problem with the Reynolds movies than Marvel would with passing Evans off as Cap.
I just don't see a Deadpool movie being made in the foreseeable future. I may be wrong, but it just seems like a Ray Park/Iron Fist kinda thing to me.

As for Captain America, of these choices, Evans is far and away the best choice to me. As an avid hater of the FF movies, he was the best part I always thought. And I'm still a little pissed off at how awesome the first FF trailer was, and how drastically different the films were than that trailer.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #100
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh78 View Post
I just don't see a Deadpool movie being made in the foreseeable future. I may be wrong, but it just seems like a Ray Park/Iron Fist kinda thing to me.
Deadpool is actually being written as we speak. The guys who wrote Zombieland are writing it. And Reynolds has said that he has frequent meetings with the producers and writers. It IS being made soon.

"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

Closed Thread