The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

View Poll Results: Who should wield the shield?
Chris Evans 139 79.43%
Wilson Bethel 7 4.00%
Mike Vogel 29 16.57%
Ryan Philippe 24 13.71%
Channing Tatum 9 5.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #101
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Doubtful

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #102
tallsy_1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 157
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

It's not going to be Tatum. You don't need to worry about that. If it's someone on this list, I think it will be Evans or Phillippe who are both knowns but not too known, if you catch my meaning.

For those who don't like these choices, I still think there's a real chance someone off the board takes it so keep hope alive. OTOH, it will probably be someone off the board in the same age and price range so if one of those two things is your issue than you might be out of luck.

tallsy_1 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #103
FaT_tONle
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: En Mi Casa
Posts: 14,549
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I never said she'd be in 9 movies, only that she signed a 9 movie deal.
I know you didn't say it... you don't have to say you never said it because I said what I think will happen. I just tend to get that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Deadpool is actually being written as we speak. The guys who wrote Zombieland are writing it. And Reynolds has said that he has frequent meetings with the producers and writers. It IS being made soon.
Yeah but Fox is footing the bills, and it's not a priority over Wolverine and other spinoffs at the moment. They also will look to hold onto their other rights (FF/DD) before going back to Wade Wilson, so the whole RR as Deadpool/Hal could all be a moot point, unless you are wrapped up in what was a throw away role for the character in Wolverine.


Last edited by FaT_tONle; 03-17-2010 at 03:27 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #104
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387
Doubtful
Why doubtful?

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #105
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Has anyone mentioned Leonardo DiCaprio for the part? He's definitely got the acting chops for it and some of the look as well.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #106
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

I can't really see Deadpool getting off the ground, either. Especially not in a state that fans would be happy with

Writers being on it doesn't mean much. We went through more than a decade of writers being on Iron Man, Thor and Cap movies before they started to gain momentum

Chewy is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #107
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,942
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Firstshowing just said that Marvel is giving Tatum the role.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #108
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

True, but Reynolds has seems to be really really passionate about it and is making sure it does get made.

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #109
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
True, Reynolds has seems to be really really passionate about it and is making sure it does get made.
It just reminds me a little too much of the Silver Surfer and Venom spin-offs that were "confirmed" and had writers attached.

Chewy is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #110
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Why doubtful?
Because that's Fox you're dealing with. You see what stage the Magneto movie is in? That's been in production since the release of the 1st X-Men. Having a writer means nothing. They had writers for their ideas for the Mystique and Storm spin-offs as well, and those aren't happening.
Hell even Wolverine 2 isn't doing too well production wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeamek View Post
Has anyone mentioned Leonardo DiCaprio for the part? He's definitely got the acting chops for it and some of the look as well.
Hell ****ing no.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #111
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks View Post
Firstshowing just said that Marvel is giving Tatum the role.
Link? I went to the site and didn't see anything.

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #112
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,942
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

I think Deadpool will happen and it will be decent.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #113
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,246
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Link? I went to the site and didn't see anything.
Quote:
So apparently Marvel is saying Channing Tatum is playing Captain America? Come on, you've got to be kidding me... WHY HIM?!
http://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/10636831574


I think Alex is just reacting to the news that Tatum is in the mix now.

FlawlessVictory is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #114
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It just reminds me a little too much of the Silver Surfer and Venom spin-offs that were "confirmed" and had writers attached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387
Because that's Fox you're dealing with. You see what stage the Magneto movie is in? That's been in production since the release of the 1st X-Men. Having a writer means nothing. They had writers for their ideas for the Mystique and Storm spin-offs as well, and those aren't happening.
Hell even Wolverine 2 isn't doing too well production wise.

Well as a big fan of Deadpool, I hope you're both wrong because I really want to see that movie, damn it!

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #115
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom
 
Aesop Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31,942
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Link? I went to the site and didn't see anything.
http://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/10636831574

Quote:
So apparently Marvel is saying Channing Tatum is playing Captain America? Come on, you've got to be kidding me... WHY HIM?!
http://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/10636903524

Quote:
Actually, that may be an old update, just says: "It'll come down to Marvel making an offer, and Tatum either accepting it or rejecting it."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Even if that happens, he wouldnt completely lose his hair. It would probably just damage his hair but his hair won't stop growing.
Aesop Rocks is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #116
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

He's just quoting Deadline's article from a few days ago

Chewy is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #117
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Well as a big fan of Deadpool, I hope you're both wrong because I really want to see that movie, damn it!
As someone who finds Deadpool incredibly stupid, I'm surprised Fox is slow with would sadly become a money maker to them

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #118
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Actually, that may be an old update, just says: "It'll come down to Marvel making an offer, and Tatum either accepting it or rejecting it."
http://twitter.com/firstshowing/status/10636903524

I'm not worried about it.

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys beat me to it.

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."


Last edited by WillardNation; 03-17-2010 at 03:40 PM.
WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #119
goh78
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 422
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Deadpool is actually being written as we speak. The guys who wrote Zombieland are writing it. And Reynolds has said that he has frequent meetings with the producers and writers. It IS being made soon.
I know, I just tend to lump it into the "Flash/Iron Fist/Venom/Magneto" camp, projects with scripts and rumored directors that for whatever reason I don't think will/should be made...Just sayin...I just wouldn't be surprised to see a "Reynolds Exits Deadpool" post one day on the front page.

Back to Cap, as others have said, I'm all for Evans, Hedlund, or Vogel (in that order). But I also thought Krasinksi would have been good. I thought of him way back when for Cap but never thought anyone else would (with the 'goofiness' and the fact that he isn't an 'unknown').

goh78 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #120
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior
 
WillardNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
As someone who finds Deadpool incredibly stupid,
Just as I was starting to like you, Majik, you had to go and say that. I'm sorry but you have ruined any chance we had at a friendship.


Quote:
I know, I just tend to lump it into the "Flash/Iron Fist/Venom/Magneto" camp, projects with scripts and rumored directors that for whatever reason I don't think will/should be made...Just sayin...I just wouldn't be surprised to see a "Reynolds Exits Deadpool" post one day on the front page.
Well, I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.

Quote:
Back to Cap, as others have said, I'm all for Evans, Hedlund, or Vogel (in that order).
In total agreement with you there.

Quote:
But I also thought Krasinksi would have been good. I thought of him way back when for Cap but never thought anyone else would (with the 'goofiness' and the fact that he isn't an 'unknown').
Eh, at first I was like "Hell no." But then after reading all the arguments for him, I was like "Ok, I'll give him a chance. I trust Marvel." But I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited to hear he was out of the running. Now, I still trust Marvel but I'm really not liking this Tatum and Phillipe talk.

__________________


"I have an accurate self assessment, which people call arrogance."

WillardNation is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #121
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
Just as I was starting to like you, Majik, you had to go and say that. I'm sorry but you have ruined any chance we had at a friendship.
Truth hurts.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #122
SpiderByte
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tacoville
Posts: 6,114
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Ah, a nice new thread.

SpiderByte is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #123
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,006
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

People who dont like Deadpool: FOX, people who dont know him, communists, racists, and the kind of people who make/enjoy Elektra and ROTSS

Blackman is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #124
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread


Majik1387 is offline  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #125
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick
 
OptimusPrime114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,768
Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Hey! I like Deadpool, too , but can we please stay on topic?

OptimusPrime114 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.