The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
SHN
New User - Level 0

Default Re: Singer for MOS Petition

Here is a feature film script sequel to Superman Returns. I wrote it as an exercise to see if I could complete the story begun in SR. I wanted to stay faithful to Bryan Singer (and Donner of course) and see if a compelling, epic story could be done and be worth wild and what that story might be.

You can check it out here: http://superheronetwork.blogspot.com/

Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #52
aia
Side-Kick

I liked that they tried to do something different. And i liked the movie. But to me its a stand lone thing. He has killed Superman dead in the water. theres no where to go. You either kill the kid- this film is aimed at kids so they have to be careful. Or make him superboy. The last ideas bad because you could just do the son of superman comic book and jump into the justice league. Then you have the problem of richard. People don't want all this dramas of the heart and problems that need tying up before they can get to see any action. Its turned into a soap opera. I'm sorry if i want to read love trainges i'l read fan fic.
Like the movie or not its backed into a corner. I wouldn't want to see singer do another one again. sorry. Now i like routh and spacey. Give them better spripts and directer. More action and a proper badly.
But on the other hand i wouldn't want a reboot. But then do we really all want to see a really bad sequel.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #53
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHN View Post
Here is a feature film script sequel to Superman Returns. I wrote it as an exercise to see if I could complete the story begun in SR. I wanted to stay faithful to Bryan Singer (and Donner of course) and see if a compelling, epic story could be done and be worth wild and what that story might be.

You can check it out here: http://superheronetwork.blogspot.com/
Your main problem with your script is that you have these events take place well after Superman Returns. A few years after Superman Returns. When in reality if a sequel was to happen with this movie it should takes place anywhere from a week to two weeks after Superman Returns. The reason behind this you can't have Superman go months or even years with having a child and not telling Lois who he is. You have to sovle this right away and deal with this issue first then move on.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #54
byte19
200... It WILL Happen...

i see your point of comment, but you are assuming that lois doesn't know that clark and supes are the same man. she has known from the beginning that clark was jason's father, therefore knows that clark and supes are the same person. all that needs to be done is to reinstate that lois knows about clark and resolve the situation with richard. the fact that she fell in love with some else while supes was gone is the real conflict; jason is the tip iceberg.

terra1319
byte's girl

The Rascal Theorist: New Frequency! CD out NOW! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new...cy/id399123881
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I Will Watch This Film More Times Than Anyone On The Planet... It Will Happen...

Last edited by byte19; 02-10-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #55
byte19
200... It WILL Happen...

i reread the story. the tension between lois and clark gives some hint that she knows. then there is richard some parts are over done but you have given some closure. but, i was right having her not know that clark is supes doesn't work and in a few places it was turning into a soap opera. you want character growth and conflict but not "all my children." its not what i would have done in some spots but it was good read.

terra1319
byte's girl

The Rascal Theorist: New Frequency! CD out NOW! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new...cy/id399123881
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I Will Watch This Film More Times Than Anyone On The Planet... It Will Happen...
Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #56
Timstuff
Banned User

So, how did that petition work out?

Closed Thread