The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
amylynn06

Default Advice from X-Men fans

Hi-- my boyfriend is a huge X-Men fan, but I honestly know nothing about it. His birthday is in a week and I'd really like to get him something cool. Does anyone have any suggestions for an X-Men related gift? My price range is any where from $20-100. I want to get him something he'll appreciate. Any help yall could give me would be so so great. Thanks!!

Amylynn

amylynn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
Manic X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Advice from X-Men fans

You should dress up like Psylocke and well, you know....

Manic X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Squidboy
Side-Kick

You could go on Amazon and peruse the X-Men trade paper backs or graphic novels they have, and compare them to what your boyfriend might have. That is, if he doesn't solely collect single issues (something that many readers are very anal about). If anything, you could get a very nice character bust of his favorite character. Midtowncomics, Bowen, Milehighcomics, and Marvel are always good places to start. Good luck, and don't hesitate if you need another nudge in the right direction!

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
amylynn06

Squidboy, thank you so much for your suggestions. He actually doesn't own anything to my knowledge. He read the comic books as a kid and has an intense level of knowledge about X-Men, but he is not a collector. What do you think about something like this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4553wt_1139

I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. Thank you!!

amylynn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Squidboy
Side-Kick

As an X-Fan, he might not enjoy that mainly because it's mainly a nostalgic thing that reprints old comics (with only one X-Men issue in there), but if he likes old comics in general, he might get a kick out of that. If you wanted to try and get him some old single issues for him to go through, eBay does have groups of old X-books that fans (old and new) would probably enjoy. Here are a bunch of random books, as well as Uncanny X-Men 150-155, 139-199, 291-300. Those are just to get an idea of the types of things eBay might have for him. You could also get the trades (which are reprints of the comics, printed together like one big book), which might be easier for him to get into, but it really depends on personal taste, I guess. You could test the water by buying him some random groups like the ones posted above as well as some of the trades (I'd suggest looking for the "Dark Phoenix Saga" and "God Loves, Man Kills" by Chris Claremont, as well as Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men - "Gifted", "Dangerous", "Torn", and "Unstoppable") as those seem to be the go-to books for any budding x-fan.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote