The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #76
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Default Re: Avengers discrepency? (SPOILERS)

Why in the holy mother of **** would he not be in the suit? Isn't half the reasoning behind the Iron Man movies is so that he can be in the Avengers movie?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #77
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Stark'll be in the suit, they're saving some "drama" whether or not he'll be in the suit for the movie.

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #78
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I dont think BW will be an Avenger....Fury described he as a shadow.....besides it would be really redundant to have her being acrobatic and martial artsy and Cap doing the same thing....its why I dont think WM is going to be an Avenger either
Redundant to have more than one person who's acrobatic? Ehhhhh. I don't agree. Cap just has to be moreso. Now a horse faced cyborg holding a the hammer and wearing Thors armor - now that's redundant!

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 AM   #79
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlockd View Post
I thought the whole reason Fury said Tony wasn't fit to be in the Avengers was to keep from having to pay RDJ all that money to appear in the movie.

Why would they downgrade him to 'consultant' otherwise? I think they're trying to brace us for someone else being in the suit, and Downey will be kind of a walk-on in Avengers.

I'm with you, Griddy...to a point.

There was something verrry fishy about that moment at the end of IM2.

While Downey as heard through the press is "expected" to join The Avengers film, nothing is ever guaranteed in Hollywood franchises...

Methinks Marvel is creatively "protecting" itself juuust in case they can't get Downey for The Avengers, for either script or monetary reasons. I also think they were being way too shy with the Incredible Hulk reference -- what are they so afraid of?

Likewise, I could see a likely scenario being War Machine initially joining up, then getting sidelined for some reason, and Tony having to "step in" to fill the Iron-quota in the team...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 05-17-2010 at 01:37 AM.
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #80
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I don't get why people aren't seeing this, but Downey will be in the Avengers and he will be as Iron Man. They said he will be a consultant, but he's gonna end up in the suit. Can you imagine how pissed people will be if RDJ isn't in the Avenger or if he doesn't suit up as Iron Man in it? Marvel's not dumb enough to do either.
Exactly. Its part of the overall storyline for all these films. People who are thinking otherwise are being ridiculous.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #81
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I guess they're trying to keep the people who aren't very knowledgable about the Avengers guessing until the very end where we get the first trailer and all four guys are doing super stuff.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #82
Chris M
Banned User

Don't panic peoples - this is called a trap door. Marvel Entertainment are just keeping their options open. IM1 kick started the whole Avengers idea but now that it's up and running the Avengers film is no longer contingent upon the success of IM. RDJ has already expressed reservations at how compatable the realistic tone of IM would be with a full blown Avengers fantasy. So this is a means of diminshing IMs role if they needed to.

I agree that RDJ should be front and centre of an Avengers film - but then again Cyclops and Phoenix were supposed to be front and centre of X-Men 3. You never know what could happen...

Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #83
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

No doubt, TIH takes place before IM2... looks as if Fury was making a case study of Hulk and possibly Banner a s he has obviously done with Tony. Nick will clear the way for Banner to be a part of the team… he’s already using Tony to control and get the General(Ross) on board.

As far as Tony’s role in the Team… he will initially start off as a consultant; but Fury eventually is going to need the Suit. Which I also think is why War Machine will be the first reserve member. Also, Tony got turn down because he is narcissistic… open the door for Cap to lead the team, which Tony obviously not going to like; setting up the two(Steve & Tony) consistently butting heads on tactics & procedures. Dynamics!

As for my personal belief, Cap appear to be the first member of the team(hence the name CA:T1stA, as hinted by Fury telling Tony he’s not the only SuperHero. Banner is still wanted and is probably yet to be approached, Tony is still being evaluated, and Thor has yet to appear. Maybe the reason why Jon said the Marvel films are not in chronological order.

However, I do think there may be a huge set-up at the end of the film; which makes me think that the IM films is setting up Mandarin and the Ten Rings as the Avengers main adversary… and Coulson is a double agent(not a Skrull). Possible reason why Coulson appear to know what to look for in the New Mexico desert and possibly the reason Thor come to Earth for his redemption and prove himself worthy to the Gods. Mandarin and the Ten Rings is his path to redemption.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #84
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Alright. So, at the end of Iron Man 2, Nick Fury tells Stark that he's basically not welcome on the Avengers team, but that he'd like to use him as a consultant. Tony declines to accept this offer.

Yet, at the end of TIH, Stark is "putting together a team". This obviously takes place before the Avengers.

With only Thor and Captain America between IM2 and Avengers, it seems that there's nowhere for us to see Tony win over Nick Fury into letting him into the Avengers...

How is this a hard scene to understand. He says that Fury "can't afford" him. He then says, that he maybe could waive his usual fee in exchange for a favor.....that favor, having him get Senator Stern to be the one who presents him the award at the end of the film.

He agreed to be a consultant for the team in exchange for this favor from Nick Fury.

Also, why are people thinking that Downey won't be in The Avengers? That is about as ridiculous as thinking that Chris Evans or Sam Jackson won't be in it either. This is all just part of the arc of Tony Stark in the Iron Man films. In The Avengers, there will be plenty of time for Tony Stark to don the armor or to be needed by Fury to become an Avenger when the threat presents itself.

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 05-30-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #85
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I don't get why people say the Iron Man movies are realistic. They're just like the books and the books never strive to be in a realistic world.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #86
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Downey signed up for an Avengers movie, he'll appear in it. Marvel could lost ticket sales, if Downey's not in it.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #87
roach
I am the night

Fav said he was going to be in it

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #88
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Robert Downey Jr has said in MULTIPLE interviews he was going to be in the Avengers movie.

I don't get what's so hard for people to understand this?

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote