The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #76
Psykoelf
Side-Kick

Default Re: Possible X-men to appear in FC and Sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
You don't want this movie made?
No. I just think there's far more that can be done in sequels than prequels. Plus (and I don't know if anyone feels the same) i'm becoming quite swamped and jaded by the amount of comic book adaptations being produced. In the beginning it was cool, but now...

Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #77
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Should Liev be in this one as Sabertooth? I Mean if Mystique and Toad would be there i wouldn't mind seeing Liev appear at the end maybe.
To be honest his portrayal of Sabertooth did little for me...Tyler Mane's portrayal was better, imo...from the look, fighting, and just the over all savage-ry...even though he had minum lines, he still captured the look/feel of Creed...and thats why I think Byran made some BoE characters mute, because they made up for it in action, they're more of a brute force than dictative force....

I probably would bought Liev as Creed if they did more w/his look...ten yrs passed after Logan left Team X and he still look same-ole, i would've figured they would've changed him...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #78
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoelf View Post
No. I just think there's far more that can be done in sequels than prequels. Plus (and I don't know if anyone feels the same) i'm becoming quite swamped and jaded by the amount of comic book adaptations being produced. In the beginning it was cool, but now...
Well, you're saying that as if a sequel would be possible. For the X-men series here, it's either a prequel or nothing at all.

and there's nothing to be jaded about.

Adaptations in general have been put on the big screen since the beginning. Comic adaptations specifically have been around for nearly 40 years now and it's only because of the limited technology that they didn't start earlier.

To me, there's nothing different between a tv show, novel, short story, comic book, or any other kind of adaptation. I group them altogether.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #79
Psykoelf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, you're saying that as if a sequel would be possible. For the X-men series here, it's either a prequel or nothing at all.

and there's nothing to be jaded about.

Adaptations in general have been put on the big screen since the beginning. Comic adaptations specifically have been around for nearly 40 years now and it's only because of the limited technology that they didn't start earlier.

To me, there's nothing different between a tv show, novel, short story, comic book, or any other kind of adaptation. I group them altogether.
A sequel follow up to TLS would be nice but I'm not holding my breath, so I'm in the prefer nothing at all club. Yet to contradict myself, I am a whore for the x-men, so most likely I will go see this when it comes out. Preferably if someone else pays at this point in time. Progress on FC will see if my genuine interest can be raised. Not bagging anyone out on their excitement for this - just my view.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #80
TNC9852002
Banned User

N-N-No X-Men at all?...

Well, maybe if they keep the cast smaller in terms of salary and size, maybe this series will make it to three or more sequels, but I doubt it.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #81
Psykoelf
Side-Kick

Quote:
N-N-No X-Men at all?...

Well, maybe if they keep the cast smaller in terms of salary and size, maybe this series will make it to three or more sequels, but I doubt it.
Oh no my friend, I want more, but I'm more interested in going forwards not backwards. A shame that TLS made things quite final for some characters.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #82
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoelf View Post
Oh no my friend, I want more, but I'm more interested in going forwards not backwards. A shame that TLS made things quite final for some characters.
I don't think the story elements would have made a difference--like I said, the cast was getting too big, contracts were running out--the cost of bringing those actors back for a fourth time would've been ridiculous.

I guess you're still right--the third movie really did a bad job of wrapping things up..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!