The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
merbass
Side-Kick

Default The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

How powerful will his power be in this movie.
I hope he is as sarcastic as Sir Ian.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
JP
Smelly

Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

(James is hotter! )

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 06-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Boom
I got nothin'

Wait. Is he officially on board? Please tell me he is.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

^ He's officially on board.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...rst-class.html

Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
TNC9852002
Banned User

Ok, I see where this thread is going.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

Definitely Powerful !

Old 06-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
merbass
Side-Kick

I hope the helmet will not be invented for this movie, so we get to see his beautiful face.

Would it be cool to see him move a bridge ? Perhaps a smaller one in Germany to destroy the Nazi's building ? Or trying to free his parents in the chamber but found them gas to dead ? Great opportunity to see him lose control of his power.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Ok, I see where this thread is going.

This movie keeps looking better and better!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly19 View Post
Win of epic proportions.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Superhero 101
DESI

Great News!!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #12
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly19 View Post

Unless it's from the studio itself, by definition it cannot be official. Anything from any other source or any other blog or news site isn't official unless it directly quotes someone involved.

But I agree the report on HeatVision is as close to a confirmation as we have at present, so we can assume Fassbender has signed a deal.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
Judge Holden
Banned User

There is an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner on Collider where she pretty much confirmed it... without actually confirming it... if you know what i mean.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 AM   #14
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Holden View Post
There is an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner on Collider where she pretty much confirmed it... without actually confirming it... if you know what i mean.
Actually, she didn't. She said she was "hoping it was confirmed" and asked the interviewer if it was confirmed in the press.

Like I said, it's not been officially confirmed, but we can be 99.9999% sure he is on board.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:58 AM   #15
Judge Holden
Banned User

Well yea. The interviewer was like "So it's on the cusp?" and she was like "Yea".

I think she knows it is pretty much a done deal, but was a bit coy about it. They are probably just sorting out the paper work basically.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

If it's true...groovy.

Why do I get the distinct impression that FOX is FINALLY realizing that in order to keep these properties they are gonna have to measure up to Marvel's standards?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
TNC9852002
Banned User

Hmmm..It's gonna be hard to top Magneto moving the Golden Gate bridge and taking iron out of a person's body and using them as bearings/bullets and a floating pad...

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #18
Nokio
Side-Kick

Wait a sec??? Has this guy been confirmed? He's a good choice but until he's confirmed then this thread is pointless.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #19
JP
Smelly

Yes, confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 AM   #20
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm..It's gonna be hard to top Magneto moving the Golden Gate bridge and taking iron out of a person's body and using them as bearings/bullets and a floating pad...
How about pushing away the explosion and Nazi planes out of the way and cause explosion in the air instead ?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 AM   #21
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I didn't think your imagination was so limited.

There's plenty of other action sequences that can be done with Magneto.

Tanks, jets etc can be turned on each other in head-on collisions. Street lamp poles can writhe like pythons around a human victim. Warships and submarines can be sunk or raised into the air. Metal-framed buildings can be made to collapse and the girders used like javelins at helicopters and planes.

I'd love to see multiple machine gun fire aimed at him, then when the dust clears, he has all the hundreds/thousands of bullets hovering in the air like a gigantic swarm of wasps to fire back at the soldiers (there was a smaller scale version of this in District 9 but my idea came first!)

And what about finally seeing a bubble or dome of magnetic force around him and the rest of the team, to deflect bullets, missiles, etc. Or a wall/barrier of force in a straight line rather than a dome form.

I should be involved in these films, my imagination is wasted giving free suggestions on a fan forum!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #22
TNC9852002
Banned User

Well x-Maniac, a lot of your ideas--no offense, don't seem unique enough.

I'm not saying necessarily that I don't know how they'll be able to top some of those very creative displays of power both subtle and extreme (Magneto creating a makeshift bridge as he's walking full pace in X1 is still one of my favorite scenes as well). I'm just curious at what they can do and make it so unique that it could blow our minds. I remember a very cool idea in Wolverine and the X-Men where Magneto's lair was made all completely metal and when the X-Men tried to attack him while inside, he molded and pushed himself around the house, moving the rooms around, shaping his floors and the walls around like they were made of liquid, and used the house as a weapon. A variation of THAT would be cool to see.

...and that magnetic force bubble dome--probably would be nice, too..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 06-29-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #23
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Fassbender as a young Magneto just reeks of absolute excellence, I really cant wait to see his performance and we should get some reallt powerful scene's between McAvoy and Fassbender as both can act.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #24
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well x-Maniac, a lot of your ideas--no offense, don't seem unique enough.

I'm not saying necessarily that I don't know how they'll be able to top some of those very creative displays of power both subtle and extreme (Magneto creating a makeshift bridge as he's walking full pace in X1 is still one of my favorite scenes as well). I'm just curious at what they can do and make it so unique that it could blow our minds. I remember a very cool idea in Wolverine and the X-Men where Magneto's lair was made all completely metal and when the X-Men tried to attack him while inside, he molded and pushed himself around the house, moving the rooms around, shaping his floors and the walls around like they were made of liquid, and used the house as a weapon. A variation of THAT would be cool to see.

...and that magnetic force bubble dome--probably would be nice, too..
No offence taken, they were just ideas straight off the top of my head.

Not sure First Class will reach the point where he would have a metal lair (wasn't it his fortress on Genosha? Where the walls opened and closed?), as it's an origin flick. Sounds like the sort of development of his villainous lifestyle that would suit an X4, if anything.

I get what you mean about subtle/unique power displays (and I've loved the ones we've seen previously). But we also need to see his 'might' as well as his 'subtlety'.

In terms of more interesting uses of magnetic power, what about something like the comic book sequence where he fought Banshee by drawing iron particles from wreckage and then fusing them round Banshee's body so he was encased in solid metal? Also, he vibrated metal walls to generate frequencies that warped Banshee's scream back at him. And he could detect the path (and destination) of a teleporter by sensing the disruptions in the earth's magnetic field.

Also, maybe we could see him use metal wreckage to create a makeshift craft to transport him, Xavier and the others - he'd levitate it through the air like a high-speed UFO.

As for displays of might, he could take on a fleet of Nazi planes and smash them into each other or into the ground, protecting himself and the others in a magnetic force dome.

Just a few more wild thoughts...

Last edited by X-Maniac; 06-29-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #25
TNC9852002
Banned User

I like that idea with Banshee...and I've always liked how Magneto was able to create those little "flying balls" to transport himself in X-Men Evolution.

and the idea of the metal lair isn't meant to be a directly replicated idea--the point of the example was to show the kind of unique and creative display of power that could be seen.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 06-29-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Closed Thread