The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #26
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: Batman: City of Scars

Just saw it and all I can say is AMAZING!

P.S I loved the Batsuit in this. Why can't Hollywood get it right?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
Squidboy
Side-Kick

What can you do, Hollywood just loves their leather suits and rubber nips

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #28
K.B.
Side-Kick

It certainly LOOKED good I don't think anyone can take that away from it but the writing and a lot of the acting was pretty bad to say the least.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #29
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Thought the story was good, acting bad as B&R though.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #30
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

I really enjoyed this film. Batman City of Scars was fun, dark and kept my attention the entire time. Most fan films have to grab me within the first minute or two or I am out, and this one did just that, and 30 minutes later I was wanting more.

The camera work was outstanding, the different angles, lighting, sound, it was all great and really added to the film.

Loved the music.

Kevin Porter did an amazing job as Batman/Bruce Wayne, he was terrific.

Super great job Bat in the Sun productions, another top notch Bat film to add to your already awesome list of other great films.

Stand up and take a bow gentlemen....

The Techno Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #31
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Is it right for Batman to say the system is broken? I dont think he should have a line like that.

Thats more Punisher looking for an excuse to kill criminals cause he believes the system is broken.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #32
Harls
It's an L, not an I

I liked it for the most part. There were a few times when I paused and went, "That's not right!" but other than that, it was interesting.

Harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #33
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harls View Post
I liked it for the most part. There were a few times when I paused and went, "That's not right!" but other than that, it was interesting.
yeah I know what part you are talking about

Overall its a great fanflick but a few things in there I didnt like as well like actor playing the Joker and the actress playing Harley Quinn

Old 06-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #34
IndyJokerJones
Side-Kick

Did Harley remind anyone else of Lady Gaga? She just didn't feel like Harley, she could have been any generic Arkham inmate because she had none of Quinn's personality, just an empty shell. She should have been bubbly, smiling, taunting Batman...instead she was rambling, out of it and just bland. Joker also wasn't all that great, not all that funny and the voice was a bit grating. Not to mention leaving a loaded gun within reach of a hostage? Joker wouldn't be that sloppy. A gun sure but it'd most likely be empty or have a BANG flag.

Other than that I loved Batman and the passion for the mythos was clearly there. I wouldn't mind seeing more from them in the future.

IndyJokerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #35
ALittlePush
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJokerJones View Post
Did Harley remind anyone else of Lady Gaga? She just didn't feel like Harley, she could have been any generic Arkham inmate because she had none of Quinn's personality, just an empty shell. She should have been bubbly, smiling, taunting Batman...instead she was rambling, out of it and just bland. Joker also wasn't all that great, not all that funny and the voice was a bit grating. Not to mention leaving a loaded gun within reach of a hostage? Joker wouldn't be that sloppy. A gun sure but it'd most likely be empty or have a BANG flag.

Other than that I loved Batman and the passion for the mythos was clearly there. I wouldn't mind seeing more from them in the future.
I enjoyed the actress's performance. I thought she did quite a good job portraying a Harley Quinn who has been irreversably damaged by the Joker. That's the sort of Harley Quinn I want to see on film, someone who can't see the wood for the trees yet the damage done is plain to see.

I agree with you about the Joker. I think they tried to go with a more animated series style Joker which didn't quite fit with the tone of the whole film.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:22 AM   #36
IBRAH08
JLI

He's been better in other performances. I think the script is more to blame for the Joker's weaker performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csl2AXMqzac
IBRAH08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #37
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:

I didn't see anything that reminded of her. I thought the actress playing was ok nothing to brag about.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #38
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:

who?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #39
IBRAH08
JLI

The FAME MONSTER!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csl2AXMqzac
IBRAH08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #40
Superman
The Man Of Steel (Is #1)

Good Lord!!!

I just found and watched this and IMO it's the best Batman fan film I've seen since "Dead End".

I love the "Hollywood" Batman movies but this was how Batman should be done.

Great job Aaron, You've done it once again.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #41
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

I had that same problem with my PC, until I realised I could watch it using my PS3 to access it on Youtube.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #42
ALP
In The Mountains

Whoa, haven't seen something from Bat in the Sun in quite some time! Cant wait to watch

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Last edited by ALP; 07-31-2010 at 06:33 PM.
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #43
ALP
In The Mountains

It reminded me of a number of different comics, a feel of Man Who Laughs with TKJ. This was incredibly well done, especially for its budget. I must admit that I did not like the batsuit though, it did nothing at all for me. I did like the actor playing Batman though. Paul Molnar was decent, I think he's overacting and trying a bit too hard. I like that he's trying to find his own distinctive Joker instead of copying Ledger or Hamill but his voice just sounds really bad. It's like Mark Hamill with a cold meets Michael Jackson. Thank God he no longer had that absolutely hideous chin from Patient J, it was far too distracting. I liked how the Joker was written though. The scene where it looks like the Joker is pissing on the guy but pulls back to show he's using his acid flower was brilliant. Loved Scarface but Zsasz was lame. The overall atmosphere was terrific, I just love the gargoyles and the gritty noir style. The voice over was completely unnecessary and overdone, I liked the thematic issues the short presented though and the whole "Batman would do best to kill Joker" thing even though it's one we've been over so many times before. Overall a job well done.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Last edited by ALP; 07-31-2010 at 06:40 PM.
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #44
omens

Apologies for the bump but I just watched this today. Completely blown away by it.

Agree with the dark, noir theme of the film - that's the atmosphere I want for Batman. The suit has made me change my stance - I've always believed it should have been black but the grey/black combo works. Didn't see much of the black trunks so unable to comment on it.

The Joker reminds me of the Joker from Arkham Asylum - laughing, humerous with a deadly edge. When he was prepping the bomb and muttering to himself, it was perfect. A reflection of the stuff going through his head. I felt let down by the Joker's last scene and how it happens but I loved the appearance and acting.

Agree with comments about the girls being poorer actors. Yes, crime alley was too brightly lit but it was daytime. Didn't like the logo itself but was amazed by the way it was done and how the bike wore the logo too.

Okay yes, overall, the writing and acting isn't perfect but for the budget/fan level, it was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Is it right for Batman to say the system is broken? I dont think he should have a line like that.

Thats more Punisher looking for an excuse to kill criminals cause he believes the system is broken.
I definitely felt if Batman didn't have a "no guns" rule, he'd have been the Punisher. The internal monologue, along with the atmosphere, is what sold this for me. Loved it all.

omens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #45
Travesty
Dats right!

Ha, I forgot all about this movie. Random bump.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #46
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

I'll have to watch it again, remember it was really enjoyable on first view, not so much on second view
I remember something mentioning budget for developing this film was about $27,000
If they can make a good Batman film with this sort of budget I'd love to watch it

He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote