The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
bebawp

Default Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Jennifer Lawrence, who has been cast as Mystique, is incredibly talented and is getting Oscar buzz for her role in Winter's Bone.
Plus she looks fantastic in a bikini.
I think she's an excellent casting choice
Here are some top critics opinions of her performance.
And some smoking hot bikini pics.
"the extraordinary Jennifer Lawrence...probably the most gifted actress of her generation."-CSMonitor
"the spectacularly talented young actress Jennifer Lawrence."-ChicagoTribune
"Lawrence delivers an astonishingly sympathetic and assured performance"-WashingtonPost
"Jennifer Lawrence is sensational"-Salon
"Ms. Lawrence’s gives a watchful, precise and quietly heroic performance"-NYTimes
"Lawrence is the movie's blooming discovery, a mesmerizing actor"-EntertainmentWeekly
"an outstanding Jennifer Lawrence"-Variety
"Lawrence, 19, already deserves an Oscar nomination for her role"-USAToday

Last edited by bebawp; 07-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
JP
Flame On

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

From what I hear, she's a far better actress than Amber Heard.
From what I see, she has a far better body.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
bebawp

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Some more pics. Stunning. Incredible body.

Last edited by bebawp; 07-21-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
TNC9852002
Banned User

bebawp = Jennifer Lawrence

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
bebawp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
bebawp = Jennifer Lawrence
If that were true, I'd buy a house full of mirrors and never leave home.
I'd take narcissism to the next level.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Honestly dont see why they cast her .

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

ummm maybe because her audition was good....

Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebawp View Post
If that were true, I'd buy a house full of mirrors and never leave home.
I'd take narcissism to the next level.
I'm still very suspicious....

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
illest urban
Que3r Fanboy

She has very unique facial features... I'm intrigued definitely...

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It looks like they found a actresses with great body who can act.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #11
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Those pics don't impress me she looks like every other pretty girl in Hollywood whether she can play Mystique better or average than Rebecca Romaijn-Stamos did means jack to me.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:56 AM   #12
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Those pics don't impress me she looks like every other pretty girl in Hollywood whether she can play Mystique better or average than Rebecca Romaijn-Stamos did means jack to me.
well, Mystique is suppose to be able to look like anyone... LOL

Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I loved Mystique in X1-X3, but to be honest she really didn't have a "story" I mean her background is a mystery and a jumble mess, and they missed the chance to explore her relationships w/Kurt & Rogue, which could have been done if Singer would have done X3 & X4(as planned)

Hopefully if this does become a trilogy hopefully she has a story as to why, she sided w/Magneto

Old 07-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I loved Mystique in X1-X3, but to be honest she really didn't have a "story" I mean her background is a mystery and a jumble mess, and they missed the chance to explore her relationships w/Kurt & Rogue, which could have been done if Singer would have done X3 & X4(as planned)
If they explored her relationships with Nightcrawler and Rogue it would have become a jumbled mess.

Mystique is mysterious and we didn't really need to know where she came from. I wouldn't have been against them adding it but it wasn't needed. We may get hints of Mystique's past in First Class.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
david icke
Banned User

Quote:

Hopefully if this does become a trilogy hopefully she has a story as to why, she sided w/Magneto
We did get that line in X-Men1, 'people like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child.', which you can get a lot out of, she joined the brotherhood as a means to destroy the kind of people who she felt terrorised her in her formative years because of racial prejudice.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
Angamb
Banned User

Im interested to see her performance of Mystique on this film... I expect a decent plot about her, some good developtment... the same with the rest of the characters, of course.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
TNC9852002
Banned User

I don't really expect anything

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

^ why are you being such a doubter?? after so many complaints about TLS and how ppl miss Singer and now that he's back not as director, but he outlined the story and ppl are still not happy don't be unhappy until you see the finished product

and I get what you guys are saying their are hints to her past in X1 and X3, I guess I'm curious to know if she is going to be a student @ Xavier's and if so build on a relationship, like the ultimate universe, w/o the romantic element, that would be very interesting, but Mystique is 1 of those characters you don't know what she's thinking or feeling she just acts...

Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Roy Batty
Side-Kick

Jennifer Lawrence talks about prepping to play Mystique
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-mystique.html

Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #20
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Shes a Babe...... SCHWING!!!

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 07-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #21
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
^ why are you being such a doubter?? after so many complaints about TLS and how ppl miss Singer and now that he's back not as director, but he outlined the story and ppl are still not happy don't be unhappy until you see the finished product
I'm not a doubter--I'm just not...expecting anything. This is not the same as expecting nothing.

I really don't know what to expect...

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

^ok...I see where you're coming from

but I would like to see Mystique (if she is a student) as 1 of those students who had a horrible upbringing and because of her past she can't let go and Xavier is working w/her, but can't seem to get through to her while Eric on the other hand is using that "hatred" to his own advantage...

also yes I remember that line (the only line she had in X1), but still its not enough, I think a lot of ppl were afraid to go to school one point in their life, because they were bullied or different, but that doesn't explain why they choose to live a life doing bad things and I don't think the trilogy did a good job far as giving her a story as to why she is devoted to Magneto and when she got turned back human it hurt her...I get her name is a pun for "mystery or mysterious", buts it better to have an explantion for her character instead of being a "lacky" ala Toad & Sabertooth, @least in X2 we saw how/why Pyro went to his side and that was good enough...but like Jen said 1st Class clarifies a lot for her and Mystique so...

Old 07-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
the a1ant
Awesome

Mystique has always been one of my favorite characters in the original trilogy. Easily one of the most enjoyable characters, despite her minimum use. I'm glad they went with an actress as critically-praised as Lawrence. Hopefully this means we'll get a lot of depth from the character, and learn about her backstory. Would love to see the events that made her "afraid to go to school as a child."

Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Here's the trailer for Winter's Bone...looks really good.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This opened in NY tonight, I may check it out one night next week.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #25
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Mystique? In First Class? But... But...

Closed Thread