The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #176
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El Vis View Post
While we're at it, why don't we imagine the sun was green, Superman wore pink and orange, and it rained Hershey Bar's every afternoon too? It would be the same thing.

Neither scenario EVER happened, and are ridiculous to imagine. Even for a "moment"....
There isn't any point imagining those things you just mentioned while mine did.

The point is that its a ridiculous notion that the actor who will ultimately be chosen to play the character should be American.

However I think my previous post makes this clear so I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you would just be willing for a moment to use your imagination especially since any discussion of a future Superman movie requires it.

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #177
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney
 
RachelDawes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a courtroom or tied up in a warehouse
Posts: 8,722
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by glofty726 View Post
look, I love Cavill, and hopefully he pulls off a great American accent when he is inevitably cast as Superman in Nolan's version, but let me ask you all this: WOULD YOU CAST AN AMERICAN AS HARRY POTTER?!?!?!?!?!??!
Yes I would, but then I never got the whole "actors need to be the same nationality as their characters" argument.

It's funny how you think some of us are willing to compromise on the casting of our favorite superhero but would balk at doing the same for Harry Potter.

__________________
RIP Heath Ledger, the Best Joker Ever.
RachelDawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #178
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger
 
Webhead2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39,735
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

it really should be a fun ride once we are in the thick of casting this time.

__________________
Warner Bros Restructure's Dc comics into DC entertainment. Hopefully more characters and long in developmental hell projects can make it into the big and small screens soon.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #179
Kal El Vis
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 178
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia View Post
There isn't any point imagining those things you just mentioned while mine did.
Yours did what? It DIDN'T happen, and could NEVER happen.

Christopher Reeve was American, not British. So imagining ANYTHING ELSE is ridiculous, and quite absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia View Post
The point is that its a ridiculous notion that the actor who will ultimately be chosen to play the character should be American.
And the fact someone doesn't agree means we should "imagine" ludicrous scenarios that are impossible by nature?

Okay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia View Post
However I think my previous post makes this clear so I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you would just be willing for a moment to use your imagination especially since any discussion of a future Superman movie requires it.
No, your post was a failed attempt at being "witty".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Kal El Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #180
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El Vis View Post
Yours did what? It DIDN'T happen, and could NEVER happen.

Christopher Reeve was American, not British. So imagining ANYTHING ELSE is ridiculous, and quite absurd.

Your opinion. The point was lost on your lack of imagination but no worries because I wasn't trying to get my point across to you.

And the fact someone doesn't agree means we should "imagine" ludicrous scenarios that are impossible by nature?

If imagining Chris Reeve was British for the point I was making is impossible for you then imagining an Alien from Krypton is going to rock your world. Now who is being ludicrous?

Okay....



No, your post was a failed attempt at being "witty".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe, or maybe not. However yours is a successful attempt at being a closed minded pompous azz.

Congrats!

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!

Last edited by raybia; 06-09-2010 at 10:49 AM.
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #181
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia View Post
Just imagine for a moment that Chris Reeve was British.


Donner: Mr. Reeve, thanks for your interest in the role and you looked fantastic in the suit and your screen test was remarkable. You actually made me believe that a man could fly. But you see...you're British and we are really looking for an American.

Reeve: Uh, I thought Superman was Kryptonian.

Donner: Well that is true but see, he was sent to America and he grew up as American so...

Reeve: So, shouldn't you be looking for an alien actor who moved to America?

Donner: Well Chris, thats kind of a ridiculous suggestion don't you think?

Reeve:
Awesome post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Kal el View Post
This version has to be truly different from all previous versions in order to truly work.. I wouls start with Clark using his powers clandestinly and not wanting to be in the public eye.It is only when he is discovered that he creates the Superman persona. Keep his origin secret till the 2nd act! Have Brainiac impersonate Jor-el! This would be simular to V the new series intro.Brainiac playing the Anna role as Earth's savior.He twists Clark by using his heritage against him,even claiming to be Jor-el himself. He tries to recruit Clark to join him in saving Earth from itself. Luthor is Brainiacs PR man.
Great idea! I love V, best alien invasion story i've seen on TV in recent years. very character driven. I like your idea. I had a similar idea of how Superman Returns could've been handled here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=335798

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #182
Last Son
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 141
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Raybia I get your point.

Pretty simple. It would be really stupid if they decided to not cast christopher reeve because he was british (in his fake scenario) despite being perfect for the role.

Which can be directly translated to it would be stupid to not cast henry cavill as superman even if he screen tests perfect for the role just because he is british.

Just because it never happened doesn't mean the point wasn't made.

Last Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #183
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
Raybia I get your point.

Pretty simple. It would be really stupid if they decided to not cast christopher reeve because he was british (in his fake scenario) despite being perfect for the role.

Which can be directly translated to it would be stupid to not cast henry cavill as superman even if he screen tests perfect for the role just because he is british.

Just because it never happened doesn't mean the point wasn't made.

I honestly don't think the post had anything related to Cavil in it. Just that it's absurd to not cast someone simply b/c they're british. That goes for any british actor even Cavill or australian or any non-american actually. That's what the poster was trying to establish.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #184
Last Son
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 141
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Agreed but the whole conversation started because some one said they didn't want Cavill as Superman because he wasn't american.

Last Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #185
glofty726
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 53
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

wow really sorry for getting this argument started. and guys seriously, we all need to chill out, cuz this is all about ideas for what we think wud make good Superman movies, and there is no need to get in ppl's faces if u disagree with someone. raybia especially u need to chill, no ones trying to prove anything here

glofty726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #186
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
Raybia I get your point.

Pretty simple. It would be really stupid if they decided to not cast christopher reeve because he was british (in his fake scenario) despite being perfect for the role.

Which can be directly translated to it would be stupid to not cast henry cavill as superman even if he screen tests perfect for the role just because he is british.

Just because it never happened doesn't mean the point wasn't made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glofty726 View Post
wow really sorry for getting this argument started. and guys seriously, we all need to chill out, cuz this is all about ideas for what we think wud make good Superman movies, and there is no need to get in ppl's faces if u disagree with someone. raybia especially u need to chill, no ones trying to prove anything here
glofty, there is no need for you to apologize. If you read my original post you will see I was attempting to make a point that the poster above was able to understand while unfortunately the poster who took exception to my post did not. It happens...all of the time.

Regardless, in all of my years I've been on these boards I have never had an infraction by the mods so I think all is well.

Discussion, debate and persuasion of one's views are a way of life around here and if things do get out of hand, as they do from time to time, our moderators are excellent at doing their job in keeping the peace.

Anyway keep posting and welcome to the Hype!

raybia

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!

Last edited by raybia; 06-11-2010 at 09:02 AM.
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #187
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger
 
Webhead2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39,735
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Yea we all have our many different opinion on things.

__________________
Warner Bros Restructure's Dc comics into DC entertainment. Hopefully more characters and long in developmental hell projects can make it into the big and small screens soon.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #188
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,272
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
The final theatrical trailer for SUPERMAN
Now that felt like a movie i'd get excited about

hopefuldreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #189
aka Kal el
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wanna take a guess?
Posts: 620
Thumbs up Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Awesome post!



Great idea! I love V, best alien invasion story i've seen on TV in recent years. very character driven. I like your idea. I had a similar idea of how Superman Returns could've been handled here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=335798
Thank you! It's nice to be appreciated! Great minds think alike(LOL)

aka Kal el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #190
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Just watched the incredible new promotional trailer for the DC Universe online game and THAT'S the Superman I want to see in this film. He appears from about 3:25 onwards. He's very much the angry God in this trailer, but even the shots of his powers and superspeed/flight are awesome ........... someone you really would be scared to mess with.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Epic-Dark-Plot


elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #191
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger
 
Webhead2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39,735
Default Re: You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

yea that trailer for the game looked pretty cool.

__________________
Warner Bros Restructure's Dc comics into DC entertainment. Hopefully more characters and long in developmental hell projects can make it into the big and small screens soon.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.