Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Default Re: The Official Superman Casting Thread

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #9977
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, I'm not really on the Hamm-vagon. I thought I might be, but no. He does have a slight Superman'ish thing going, but he would be better suited for a period-piece, like an adaption of the first cartoon-show.

I can't really see him in a contemporary story. I honestly dont think I could take him entirely serious in that brightly colored suit and this is definitely also because of his age. And no matter how big a hunk he might be there's still something sleazy or "unpure" about him. He looks too much like a "basterd" or a womanizer. Difficult to explain.
He woulda made a better Batman in comparison.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #9978
misjuevos
I am Groot

routh was a great choice, too bad the movie wasnt what it could have been. he should still be superman. not his fault.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #9979
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I'm getting really tired of people trying to defend smaller/shorter actors like Bomer or Hamm for Superman, by bringing up Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. It's a completely different situation with Stark, height is not a big part of his character. He wears a suit of armor and that's where he gets his powers. Supermam on the hand has been portrayed as a tall/muscular man since nearly the beginning, height and a muscular buid are a big part of Superman's character. He has to be physically imposing. We all know the yellow sun gives him his powers but it also made him tall and muscular.

Last edited by Young Superman; 08-04-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #9980
Strider14
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
routh was a great choice, too bad the movie wasnt what it could have been. he should still be superman. not his fault.
That's what I thought for some time as well, until I saw him in Chuck. That pretty much confirmed to me that I couldn't blame his blah and uncharismatic acting on the director anymore.

Young Superman@ Exactly...you would think that would be common sense.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #9981
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1110168p1.html

idk if thats been posted.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #9982
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Watching Inception makes you wonder in Dicaprio could be a possibility for Superman. Would have to bulk up but quality actor for sure. Just a thought is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Is he not at least 6 1?
Nope... 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Oh god, people want Leo DeCaprio to be Superman

Guess Nolan should get Michael Caine to be Perry White and Hugh Jackman to be Lex Luthor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkman View Post
Don't wanna be a pain, but pretty much everybody just ignored my Scott Eastwood sugestion. Is he THAT horrible of a choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouthIsSuperman View Post
I know, I feel the same way about my Eddie Cahill suggestion. I guess we are just horrible Superman potential actor suggestors.
1. Sorry, but I don't like either suggestion
2. I've made loads, especially after the TV actor rumours... it just takes more than 2 people to jump on the bandwagon and your away, but unfortunately no one has for some of them :lol:
3. It's difficult now that we actually have some people with their hearts set on a particular actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFadeAway View Post
Hamm is growing on me as a general Jor-El candidate.
I dunno... his face looks more Pa Kent than Jor-el to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I'm getting really tired of people trying to defend smaller/shorter actors like Bomer or Hamm for Superman, by bringing up Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. It's a completely different situation with Stark, height is not a big part of his character. He wears a suit of armor and that's where he gets his powers. Supermam on the hand has been portrayed as a tall/muscular man since nearly the beginning, height and a muscular buid are a big part of Superman's character. He has to be physically imposing. We all know the yellow sun gives him his powers but it also made him tall and muscular.
The whole height thing always comes back to one thing for me.

Dean Cain.

I loved LnC. I never once watched that and thought 'god he's short' or 'god he's not built enough to be Superman'. He always had a great physique, and he got even more bulked up in later seasons. By season 3 he was MASSIVE. It just never even occured to me that he wasn't as tall as Superman.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #9983
ReTrO JuNkIe 42
Side-Kick

Has any one suggested Joe Manganiello, he looks like he could be superman

You can't teach greatness, only inspire it
Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #9984
redtail
Side-Kick

If the Levi rumor was not real, do we have proof that any of the other rumors are true?

Are they trial balloons? Or just people's musings?

The guy from "Haven" has a good look. Deep voice you say? Hhhhhm.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #9985
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicfan View Post
They both look wrong, IMO. A geriatric guy and a caveman.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #9986
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

10K lockup.

Someone grace us with the start of another never-ending casting battle of personal truth, faux justice and the Hype way.

Same rules in the new thread as those placed in Show's sticky at the top of the forum. Let's keep the number of jawline references under 250.
-----------------------------
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=339773

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.

Last edited by Mister J; 08-04-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I love it when a plans comes together.
Closed Thread