The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #26
Nokio
Side-Kick

Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Id like to see Magneto encase someone in a metal sphere and squeeze it until it was the size of a basketball. I remember he did that to Cannonball in the age of Apocalypse. He pulled metal from the walls and vehicles, just anywhere around him and wrapped cannoball up in it where it was sphere of metal and then he began to squeeze to the point where it went from this huge ball to the size of basketball. It was sweet.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
JP
Flame On

Was watching 300. This is SO Magneto.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
TNC9852002
Banned User

Or maybe the other way around...

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #29
JP
Flame On

Que?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #30
Project862006
Banned User

is that how you guys want magneto's helmet or do you want it like it was in x men 1-3?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #31
JP
Flame On

Literally, if you take the nose piece off, that's Magneto's helmet from the comics and looks 100x better than the ones they made for the films.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #32
TNC9852002
Banned User

Well, Magneto doesn't wear a helmet to physically protect his head or to be intimidating. So, I think they made his helmet with practicality in mind, not necessarily for looks...

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #33
JP
Flame On

Well, it's a movie. Everything is made for looks.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #34
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, it's a movie. Everything is made for looks.
My rationalization has more merit.. I think you know what I meant...

I'm not saying that the 300 helmet doesn't look nice.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #35
JP
Flame On

And I think you know what I meant as well.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
TNC9852002
Banned User

What defines an appropriate look is an extension of its actual and intended function.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #37
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

hmm i think his helmet doesn't come into play i think for "years" later, because in X1, Xavier realized that his helmet blocked him from reading his mind...but would be interesting to see how he was able to come up w/the technology to prevent X from reading his mind, Ms. Frost prehaps???

I so want to see Wanda/Pietro, but I think they'll be mention when X and him meet, probably w/him stating that he had a wife and twins, but something happened and he does not know what became of them...if their is a sequel or prehaps in a 3rd film they will be introduced

Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #38
misjuevos
I am Groot

Yeah I'm sure he will wear the helmet since frost is the villain. Might be the same helmet from xmen or if what is said is true it could be the comic helmet.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #39
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In the Magneto spinoff Magda and their daughter Anya were killed In fire according to reviews of the script.It's possable In First Class Magneto may mention he had a wife and daughter once.And it could create a conflict when he tells Xavier they need to be more forceful to protect younger mutants.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #40
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I think Magneto's helmet will come into play at the end after he and Xavier split up. It would be a cool scene to see Magneto put it on for the first time.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #41
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
hmm i think his helmet doesn't come into play i think for "years" later, because in X1, Xavier realized that his helmet blocked him from reading his mind...but would be interesting to see how he was able to come up w/the technology to prevent X from reading his mind, Ms. Frost perhaps
Actually in X1 when ProfX mentioned that Wolverine asked him how would he know how to do that and Prof X said "cause he helped me build it" referring to Cerebro.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #42
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Man its going to be wierd watching someone else play Magneto, Ian Mckellan owned that role and really made Magneto more of a bad guy than he was in the comics

Old 08-25-2010, 03:32 AM   #43
Project862006
Banned User

the more i look at fassbender he really resembles magneto from the comics

Old 08-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #44
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I just had a thought, if this does become a trilogy i wonder how the rest of his character will be portrayed?? They can focus on his children & his formation of the Brotherhood, but it seemed like in X1 that's when he actually makes his move against humanity and apparently its the first time he goes up against the X-Men.

Guess I'm just wondering how will they retconn Magneto actually being a major threat in the earlier years...

Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #45
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I just had a thought, if this does become a trilogy i wonder how the rest of his character will be portrayed?? They can focus on his children & his formation of the Brotherhood, but it seemed like in X1 that's when he actually makes his move against humanity and apparently its the first time he goes up against the X-Men.

Guess I'm just wondering how will they retconn Magneto actually being a major threat in the earlier years...

I dont think it was the first time, because remember Prof X knew who Sabretooth was and Sabretooth seemed to reconize Storm and Cyclops first time he saw them, but i dont think they hade alot of encounters, thats just my thinking

Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #46
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

I would have liked to see Toad and maybe another guy who was a part of Magnetos early brotherhood, maybe Mastermind?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #47
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
I dont think it was the first time, because remember Prof X knew who Sabretooth was and Sabretooth seemed to reconize Storm and Cyclops first time he saw them, but i dont think they hade alot of encounters, thats just my thinking
They definitely have encountered them before...At least to the point where Magneto and his goons knew about their strengths and weaknesses...to an extent anyway.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #48
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

If we keep that in mind, I wonder if Sabretooth is going to factor in these prequels, and what Singer will do with him if he does. Will he stick to the Tyler Mane Sabretooth or show an in between stage between that Sabretooth and the one from Origins? I think having Mr. Sinister or some other villain experiment on Creed would be a good way to explain that character change but I wonder if Singer would even care about Liev's Sabretooth.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #49
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

For what it was, Liev's Creed was pretty great. I really liked his performance.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #50
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

I wonder if Mags is going to have white hair, brown hair, or streaks of white(ala Rogue's exposure to large amount of magnetism)