The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 AM   #26
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Default Re: Transformers: Prime

I have Optimus and it's disappointing. The transformation is difficult and he's too small. Should have been a larger, $20 figure. I definitely need Soundwave. It seems the only one they've ever released so long as I've bought them is a reissue of the G1 figure. It's nice, but not really something I was interested in. I like being able to pose them.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
This is why everyone needs to buy the Battle for Cybertron toys. We should get toys of all the characters from the game. Getting Optimus, Megaton, Bumblebee, and Soundwave is NOT enough. We need Starscream, Jetfire, and everyone else.
The trouble with that is, Hasbro's already made Deluxe-sized Cybertronian Seekers (the 6" Titaniums), a decent Cybertronian Jetfire (the Classics figure based on "Stormbringer" - the Titanium "War Within" one sucked flat-out), and Cybertronian versions of Prowl (who could easily be repainted into Blue(Silver)streak and Smokescreen if Hasbro so wished) and Grimlock - plus there's supposedly a red Cliffjumper repaint of Bumblebee coming yet too, so it's not like Hasbro hasn't already made Cybertronian versions of many of the classic characters.

On top of that, too many of the WFC designs, IMO, have turned out to have that same generic 'futuristic-land-rover' alt-mode look - frankly, I would have preferred a Scout-class "War Within" Bumblebee over the current Deluxe-sized WFC design, myself. The "War Within" were a lot more distinct than WFC (plus I give Figueroa extra props for refining the Cybertronian alt-modes seen in the first episode of the G1 'toon, as well as incorporating elements of the original toys into their Cybertronian designs), although I do prefer the WFC versions of Optimus and Megatron, though.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com

Last edited by Jochimus; 08-14-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is why everyone needs to buy the Battle for Cybertron toys. We should get toys of all the characters from the game. Getting Optimus, Megaton, Bumblebee, and Soundwave is NOT enough. We need Starscream, Jetfire, and everyone else.
I may get WFC Megatron and Soundwave but Prime and Bumblebee were an easy pass for me. I really liked how they looked in the game but their toys aren't a great representation of them.

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 AM   #29
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

What does that mean? It's probably my favorite Optimus Prime figure since the TF Classic version.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
nogap87
Side-Kick

He's too small, his shoulders fail to convey how massive he's supposed to be and he has some awkward lower back kibble. That said, if I ever see him on discount I might be tempted to snatch him up. He does look better when he's standing next to WFC Megatron.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

You are wrong. He has stuff on his back in the game. It's a little more condensed but its there. But a toy and a videogame model are not the same thing. Besides that its a very accurate re-creation of his game look. Its also possible things could've been tweaked in the development and production phase. Vehicle mode and even his rifle are starkingly accurate.

- CM Punk
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
The trouble with that is, Hasbro's already made Deluxe-sized Cybertronian Seekers (the 6" Titaniums), a decent Cybertronian Jetfire (the Classics figure based on "Stormbringer" - the Titanium "War Within" one sucked flat-out), and Cybertronian versions of Prowl (who could easily be repainted into Blue(Silver)streak and Smokescreen if Hasbro so wished) and Grimlock - plus there's supposedly a red Cliffjumper repaint of Bumblebee coming yet too, so it's not like Hasbro hasn't already made Cybertronian versions of many of the classic characters.
Jochimus. Those had nothing to do with the War For Cybertron videogame. Which they've produced at least 4 figures so far for.

And also those sucked. I'm basically saying doing more figures based on the style specifically from this videogame. Hasbro told me they could do Starscream next at Comic Con.

Also considering that Hasbro re-does characters and revamps things all the time, I don't see the big deal.

Quote:
On top of that, too many of the WFC designs, IMO, have turned out to have that same generic 'futuristic-land-rover' alt-mode look - frankly, I would have preferred a Scout-class "War Within" Bumblebee over the current Deluxe-sized WFC design, myself. The "War Within" were a lot more distinct than WFC (plus I give Figueroa extra props for refining the Cybertronian alt-modes seen in the first episode of the G1 'toon, as well as incorporating elements of the original toys into their Cybertronian designs), although I do prefer the WFC versions of Optimus and Megatron, though.

I respectfully disagree since I like all the War For Cybertron designs. And since Classics is pretty much done, this is a line I'd gladly get into. Basically since I can't stand the movie figures or designs which I think are horrible.

- CM Punk
Old 08-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #33
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
You are wrong. He has stuff on his back in the game. It's a little more condensed but its there. But a toy and a videogame model are not the same thing. Besides that its a very accurate re-creation of his game look. Its also possible things could've been tweaked in the development and production phase. Vehicle mode and even his rifle are starkingly accurate.
It's accurate enough to where I can tell that it's based on Prime's WFC design but it's not "very accurate". The whole WFC line minus Megatron is a bit lackluster.

Isn't the Generations line just Classics with a different name?

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yes it is, but half of wave 1 is WFC and half of wave 2 is also WFC. So its basically like nu-Classics and WFC. Or basically it's like Generation 1 line. Featuring updates of G1 characters and versions of the WFC which is canon to G1.

I'm going to just have to agree to disagree because WFC Optimus is my favorite Optimus toy since the 06 Classics version. Same with Bumblebee. So I command Hasbro to make WFC versions of every character in the game.

That means YOU BETTER give me WFC Omega Supreme and Trypticon or there will be severe consequences. And Jetfire.

- CM Punk
Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #35
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm going to just have to agree to disagree because WFC Optimus is my favorite Optimus toy since the 06 Classics version. Same with Bumblebee. So I command Hasbro to make WFC versions of every character in the game.

That means YOU BETTER give me WFC Omega Supreme and Trypticon or there will be severe consequences. And Jetfire.
Fair enough. With the amount of different Transformers Hasbro churns out their are bound to be differences of opinion on which figure is better. Variety is the spice of life.

I'm holding out for a WFC Slipstream or cybertronian Ultra Magnus based on the DS version of the game. Hopefully Hasbro will fulfill our wishes as well as ease off on the movie Bumblebee remolds/repaints/redecos/etcetera.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #36
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

If I see another movie version of Bumblebee on the shelves I'm going to have a conniption.

- CM Punk
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #37
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
nogap87
Side-Kick

I'm over the fact that Arcee is a motorcycle...again, but changing her color to blue is just lame. If they wanted to avoid the girly pink color scheme than they should have just replaced Arcee with Chromia.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #39
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

I don't mind the change. I've seen Transformers get worse changes before.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #40
nogap87
Side-Kick

It's not the worse change. It's just horribly unnecessary. The only reason I'm not completely writing off her design is because she seems to be influenced by Animated Prowl who is the best motorcycle Transformer ever.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #41
nogap87
Side-Kick

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...d-more-170643/

Love Starscream but Soundwave looks like crap.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #42
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Prime reminds me of his film counterpart, so does Bumblebee to a degree.
Megatron looks like a mix between Animated and movie Megatron.
Great to see Bulkhead in there. Soundwave does look like crap.
Starscream is looking neat.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #43
Crockett
With Teeth

Looks like we have to wait until December for the series to premiere. Same goes for G.I. Joe: Renegades.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/...s_VOD_Look.php

Quote:
In December, this fresh fare will follow: G.I. Joe Renegades, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series and multiple installments of Transformers Prime.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #44
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'm iffy on Starscream, but they really dropped the ball with Starscream. The only design that I can say that I outright hate.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #45
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
Harlan Phoenix

The CGI is nice, hopefully it'll look great more than 8 seconds (which it should).

Though never really dug Optimus with a mouth. But that's a personal complaint and not necessarily an objective one.

Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #47
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

What's with everyone giving Optimus a mouth these days. I always thought the the face mask was stoic and mysterious.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #48
Harlan Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
What's with everyone giving Optimus a mouth these days. I always thought the the face mask was stoic and mysterious.
It might derive from Primal.

The mouth generally works for a more grounded, humanized prime like Primal or Animated Optimus. It could easily work very well for Prime Optimus, but it's just a design choice that ALWAYS takes me a while to get used to.

Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #49
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Yeah, never been a huge mouth fan, but I do get used to it after a while.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #50
nogap87
Side-Kick

I don't mind seeing Prime's mouth but his lack of nose is very distracting.