The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #76
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Default Re: Casting for She-Hulk

This thread is just a great reminder about how insane fan casting is. You want to CGI a shapely woman rather than making She-Hulk human-sized?

Of course, this helps me realize that Wonder Woman should probably be CGI-ed.

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #77
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

WW isnt Green

and I;m saying a decent acress slightly bulked up with CGI if she cant bulk up to Shulkie size, camera trciks and shoe lifts can give height, i they can do it with no CGI, then I'd be really happy

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #78
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1 View Post
This thread is just a great reminder about how insane fan casting is. You want to CGI a shapely woman rather than making She-Hulk human-sized?

Of course, this helps me realize that Wonder Woman should probably be CGI-ed.
She-Hulk has grown taller over the years. It's not the muscle that's impossible but her height. It's nothing like Wonder Woman because there are women with Diana's height and do have great physiques.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #79
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
WW isnt Green

and I;m saying a decent acress slightly bulked up with CGI if she cant bulk up to Shulkie size, camera trciks and shoe lifts can give height, i they can do it with no CGI, then I'd be really happy
Neither is Lou Ferringo. The issues is an impossible physique is required, and instead of changing the requirement and going for the spirit of the character, fans want a person who is the random height scribbled down by a writer/artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
She-Hulk has grown taller over the years. It's not the muscle that's impossible but her height. It's nothing like Wonder Woman because there are women with Diana's height and do have great physiques.
Virtually none of them are even half-decent actresses though, and of the one with dark hair that is (extra points if you find her), she's pretty flat-chested, which is the opposite of Diana. The issue is the same: fans require something superhuman to play a superhuman instead of allowing, as sabertooth would, camera tricks and standard Hollywood stunting to give us a larger than life character, fans want someone who's like that in real life, even, for most, at the cost of being able to actually portray the character.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #80
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Neither is Lou Ferringo. The issues is an impossible physique is required, and instead of changing the requirement and going for the spirit of the character, fans want a person who is the random height scribbled down by a writer/artist.

Virtually none of them are even half-decent actresses though, and of the one with dark hair that is (extra points if you find her), she's pretty flat-chested, which is the opposite of Diana. The issue is the same: fans require something superhuman to play a superhuman instead of allowing, as sabertooth would, camera tricks and standard Hollywood stunting to give us a larger than life character, fans want someone who's like that in real life, even, for most, at the cost of being able to actually portray the character.
She-Hulk's physique isn't impossible. She isn't always portrayed as super ripped like a body builder. Her physique is more of a fitness model. You can even see that on the first issue of She-Hulk #1 (the Dan Slott series) as well as the original Savage She-Hulk #1.

She doesn't have Hulk-like muscles but is relatively slender and shapely, and still very feminine, and most importantly, is a physique a regular actress could achieve with the right fitness regimen.

If the studio could find a tall model who can act who could also bulk up for the part, then that would be better than CGI or having to use forced angles. Of course, there would probably still be some of that to enhance the actress, but I don't think She-Hulk should be pure CGI.

Even Chris Hemsworth isn't as tall as the comic Thor. She-Hulk doesn't need to be super tall, just because people keep increasing Hulk's height. She was only ever 6 ft something in the comics. It's not out of the question to get women who are over 6ft tall.

I don't think lifts will work either, because the actress who portrays She-Hulk needs to be at least 6ft tall in her bare feet, as She-Hulk often runs around without shoes. She still needs to look tall, not be only 5ft 4. A person who is 5ft 4 looks different to a taller woman of 6ft even if they are long limbed.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #81
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Marvel.com says: "5'10" (in human form) 6'7" (as She-Hulk)" that's not possible. Of the 6'5+ women in the world, none of them are actresses. My preference would be a 5'8 she hulk being sold as ~6' and drop the comics height, just as is done on all male characters, but many fans make fewer compromises on what they want from female physiques since that is more important in their appeal to most fans than their character traits.

Also a 'tall model that can act' doesn't make for a very good film. If you want a quality movie, you need a talented actress, not just a passable one, and I'm pretty sure you're not going to find any at over six feet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're looking for an actress over six feet tall. Here are all of your choices:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3022946AAOckle

If you find one younger than 40, let me know.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #82
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Oh yeah, as if WB accomplished that with in their casting of Green Lantern. With their help everybody will become sick of green superheroes.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #83
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
Whoa what about Alexis!!!
Again this is the girl to get the job done!
She's an actress she got the look and build and the height.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #84
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Here she is again at 6'5 all she needs are a pair of 2'inch Pumps and were good to go!!!

Last edited by Hmarrs; 09-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #85
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

And again here.

I wish someone would Photo Manip one of these.
Alexos Skye is the Girl to get it done!!!!!!!
Actress,Height,Look Everything!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #86
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

C'mon man somebody please Photo manip this for me please.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #87
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
Here she is again at 6'5 all she needs are a pair of 2'inch Pumps and were good to go!!!
She does not need a pair of 2" pumps. First off, I already said that She-Hulk ought to be tall in her bare feet, not needing lifts to add to her height. And second, on camera, 2" is barely going to make a difference. It's not like people are going to look at this actress and think "oh no, she isn't 6ft 7" ". Her height is tall enough since she'll already dwarf everyone else around, and she'd certainly look taller than Chris Hemsworth.

The main question is whether she can act. I've never heard of this lady or anything she's been in. Does she have enough charisma and personality to carry a movie? Or is she going to just be a device like (Lou Ferrigno was whenever Bill Bixby's Banner got angry), but having Jennifer Walters as the main character? I don't think it can be that way, because She-Hulk is the more interesting character compared to Jennifer, and she'll spend most of her time (even as a lawyer or doing any kind of investigative work) as She-Hulk.

EDIT: I've checked out some of her modelling pics and she is very beautiful. But that's the thing. I can't see that she's going to want to bulk up and pack on muscle for this role and ruin her looks. I don't think she'd be able to get her slender, supermodel look back, and that would detract from her marketability. At least at that height, she's still very beautiful and has model proportions. If she starts to look like a bodybuilder, she will still have a niche following, but not as wide an appeal. She might work as the original Savage She-Hulk who wasn't that muscular, but the more modern She-Hulk still is at least as ripped as say, Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 09-08-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #88
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

no need to "bulk up" she looks fine like she is...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #89
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well she'll still need to become more toned with an athlete's physique or that of a fitness model. At the moment she might still look too soft and model-like, as if she might fret over breaking a nail.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #90
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Check her out on:
My Name is Earl.
For her Acting skills.
All she has to do is tone up and I think she's toned up enough.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #91
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

She-Hulk's biggest stumbling block is that she's associated with the Hulk. General audiences would expect a female, mindless version of an overly muscled monster. Marvel need to make She-Hulk's movie as different as possible to the Hulk movies. The problem is that, for her origin, she needs that blood transfusion from Banner. Of course, if Mark Ruffalo just guest-starred but didn't turn into the Hulk, then that could set things up for the She-Hulk movie. The question is whether She-Hulk would go through her "Savage" phase (by that, I mean the storylines in Savage She-Hulk, not that she is savage in personality) or whether she'd skip straight to her "Sensational" phase or "Single Green Female" phase? I'd want her to have some of the "Savage" storylines where she's discovering herself and coping with her new-found strength, but I'd want her to be more like she was in Fantastic Four (before "Sensational"). I don't want her breaking the fourth wall. I'd like her to be more sexy, sensuous and confident but not become the butt-end of jokes. I certainly don't want it to become a green version of Ally McBeal with over-the-top storylines and fantasy.

The best tone was in the Sensational She-Hulk graphic novel. That was pre-Sensational series, no breaking of the fourth wall, but more of a sexy, action story where she was exploited and explored by SHIELD. That could even help her tie into the Avengers. I'm sure Neal McDonagh would like to film the scene where She-Hulk is standing in the nude being strip searched in front of all the SHIELD agents, and Dum Dum bursts in and is flabbergasted. Imagine that playing out between McDonagh and Alexis Skye.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #92
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I see that Alexis Skye is 36 years old. That might be too old for the role of She-Hulk, even though she still looks amazing at her age.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #93
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
I see that Alexis Skye is 36 years old. That might be too old for the role of She-Hulk, even though she still looks amazing at her age.
Man but it works.I wish I had someone to Photo Manip any one of those Photos just to see.
Does anyone know anyone.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #94
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Here comes the She-Hulk

Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #95
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Somebody Manip this please.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #96
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

She is HOT!! Don't you have a bigger pic of that one of her in that red/orange bikini standing in the doorway?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #97
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

I may have to develop the skills do that manip for you man. I can't think of anyone else who could do the role! She's perfect for She-Hulk! Someone contact her agent!

LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #98
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I do have the skills to do her, but not the time at the moment. Perhaps in the future.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #99
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

Here's my attempt with the smaller pic. I'm sure others could do it better, but I think it came out pretty good for someone with no artistic talent. You be the judge.

Last edited by LOBO3315a; 09-16-2010 at 07:54 AM.
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #100
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Where are those Manip guys when you need them.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 09-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote