The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #11
EvilClareToo
Side-Kick

Default Re: What was wrong with the current trilogy?

Quote:
Personally i think Bryan Singer didnt know what to do with the character because he couldnt relate to him. Bryan Singer stated that mutants face alot of similar situations that same sex sexuality faces... like the phobia, exceptance, coming out... you can see that he has used that as a guide to alot of the characters for example.
You hit the nail on the head there, my friend! That was my thought as well. I feel he had particular problems with the female characters. Rogue was barely recognizable in the series, and I don't know why he bothered to use her at all-Kitty or Jubilee would have fit the role better, and he could come up with another plot where they didn't need Rogue's power set as a catalyst. Enough has been said already about Storm and Jean. And poor Cyclops-he was tragically underused.

I don't mind characters being altered from their comic book counterparts if it makes them better. A character like Psylocke would benefit from a simplified background on screen. But to change major characteristics and background events of a character, such as they did to Rogue, Storm, Iceman, and Callisto, just to name a few, for no good reason, baffles me. It seems to me that the more successful comic book films (such as Iron Man and the Dark Knight Returns) tend to stick far more closely to the source material. I don't get why Fox feels the need to change things so dramatically.

EvilClareToo is offline   Reply With Quote