The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #401
Suirou
I am the babysitter!
 
Suirou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 475
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
You make a good point, but in terms of the x1 sabretooth not having a realtionship with Wolverine, i think its obvious they hinted that they might have hade some sort of realtion, but that either of them couldn't remember.

And he didn't even kille Wolverines girl it turned out to be one big hoax so that kind of took some of his menace away.

Though i did like him teaming up with wolverine just for that one scene , for the simple fact he wanted to kill him, that was very true to the comics.
I am sure it really pissed off Sabretooth that he had to hold back on killing her.
But he did almost succeed in that later on as the movie was nearing to end if it wasn't for Logan showing up.

Suirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #402
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 638
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

I think if Liev Scrieber looked more like the sabretooth from the first movie i would have liked him more, his look was so cliche and wanna be vampire looking

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #403
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,476
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittlePush View Post
It's your opinion, you're entitled to it. However I do disagree with your choice of the better Sabretooth. Mane's Sabretooth was good for what it was, a minimal speaking part as a henchman. The "Scream for me" line was good and the performance worked. However, I never got that feel of rivalry between Mane's Sabretooth and Wolverine.

Schreiber's Sabretooth on the other hand had that rivalry. He didn't care what he did, so long as it benefitted him in some way. Although he worked for Stryker, he wasn't "Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags full Sir", I liked that his priority was his own self interest. He shows no remorse for his actions, he kills his own ex-comrades without hesitation, he seemingly killed his little brother's girlfriend and when Wolverine asked him why, just said "you don't call, don't write, how else was I suppose to get your attention?".

IMO, Schreiber's Sabretooth was more menacing than Mane's Sabretooth. Sure, he may not tower above Wolverine like Mane did, but he definitely had that sadistic edge which Mane's Sabretooth lacked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
I know i am gonna get **** for this but whatever...

I prefered Tyler Manes Sabretooth over the Sabretooth in the wolverine movie.

The Sabreooth in x1 was a huge hulking figure, something that Sabreooth should be, even though Hugh Jackman is taller the Wolverine in the comics, Manes Sabretooth still looked huge compared to Jackman.

As well he just looked way more menacing, more Sabretooth like.

Lievs Sabretooth wasnt very intimidating to me, he looked like a vampire wannabe and was pretty much the same height and weight as Wolverine.

The whole ineresting dynamac to the Wolverine Sabreooth rivalry besider there past is that Sabreooth always was bigger and stronger yet Wolverine was always able to hold his own against him.

Not saying Tyler Mane is a better actor than Liev but i just wasn't feeling Lievs Sabretooth everyting from his look to him running on all fours and it looking really stupid IMO.

And not gonna lie when i heard Sabretooth talk in x1, he sounded like what Sabretooth should sound like IMO and Lievs Sabretooth didn't sound that intimidating to me to be frank.
Visuall,y i think Mane had a better Creed, but Schrieber played him better, i admit when i first learned Mane wasnt returning i was bummed, then i saw how Liev handled the character characterizationwise, which i felll in love with. there was a thread where he where talking about storms cameo that didnt make the final cut of the film and we talked about linking back to the Scream for me line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
You make a good point, but in terms of the x1 sabretooth not having a realtionship with Wolverine, i think its obvious they hinted that they might have hade some sort of realtion, but that either of them couldn't remember.

And he didn't even kille Wolverines girl it turned out to be one big hoax so that kind of took some of his menace away.

Though i did like him teaming up with wolverine just for that one scene , for the simple fact he wanted to kill him, that was very true to the comics.
the taking of the dogtags was a small nod to the past, i think the only other reason Sabretooth might take them is
"OOh, shiny"

__________________
Vote busty, not brawny, vote CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #404
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 638
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Visuall,y i think Mane had a better Creed, but Schrieber played him better, i admit when i first learned Mane wasnt returning i was bummed, then i saw how Liev handled the character characterizationwise, which i felll in love with. there was a thread where he where talking about storms cameo that didnt make the final cut of the film and we talked about linking back to the Scream for me line.

the taking of the dogtags was a small nod to the past, i think the only other reason Sabretooth might take them is
"OOh, shiny"
I thought liev did make good choices with the character but i felt he could have sounded way more menacing and again it all comes down to the look Wolverine looked bigger than Sabretooth and that for me just killed it.

Also i think it doesnt help that the movie in general was bad so that effects the whole feel of it imo

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #405
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,476
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

I like the film i think it could be better, yes and i think they should have kept the deleted/altered Scene with Victor present at the bonding process with him worried Jimmy wont remember him and stuff.

and this being an adaption i dont let height stuff bug me, High being as tall as he is i dont let bug me, i dont let Leiv being about the same height big me, he did seem bulkier then Hugh though. jsut his building was a bit bigger

I jsut loved the character in the movies, I;m working on a fan vid of Victor Creed to Down with the Sickness right now

__________________
Vote busty, not brawny, vote CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #406
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,476
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Do you guys think that Victor is afraid of anything?

__________________
Vote busty, not brawny, vote CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #407
ALittlePush
Side-Kick
 
ALittlePush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 668
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Do you guys think that Victor is afraid of anything?
I wouldn't necessarily say afraid, but he doesn't like it if things are out of his control. I don't think he likes the thought of losing his brother. When Wolverine is walking away from the africa mission and Victor is calling him, the look on Victor's face and the way he shout's "Jimmy" is probably the closest he comes to being remotely "afraid".

__________________
Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is A Little Push.

Last edited by ALittlePush; 09-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
ALittlePush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #408
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 638
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

I didn't like how they made them brothers, made it cliche i felt.

Besides the rivalry and hate towards each other would have been much better if they weren't related, but because they were brothers there was a sense of maybe a chance of them reconciling.

And @Alittlepush see that i thought was one of the reason the wolverines movie version of sabretooth was aweak, Sabretooth is supposed to be a cold vicious son of a *****? I thought Wolverine walking a away would have made him more mad, it dwelves into the whole idea that Wolverine never really accepted his animals instincts, while Sabretooth embraced it. I always thought one of the reasons Sabretooth hated Wolveine was because he always felt that Wolverine felt he was better, or higher up because he didn't embrace his animal nature and his true killing instinct.

I was watching x1 again yesterday and man i am sorry but Tyler Manes Sabreooth is ten times more Sabreooth/intimidating/scary than Lievs victor

Again maybe its just me , but i never felt timid by Lievs sabretooth, and watching x1 seeing how big and menacing and just hearing him talk ( which he only does 4 times) makes him a scary opponenet.

Watching Wolverine fight Sabretooth on the statue of liberty head, yeah sure it was short but sweet, really looked like something straight comicsin terms of Sabreooth just overpowering Wolverine with his strength and body size.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #409
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,476
Default Re: The Liev Schrieber/Sabretooth thread

I will admit before I saw it i was weary about them recasting becuase to me Mane was Sabretooth, but Liev brought a different kind of intimidation,he was smart, he was sadastic, and had motivation. they talked about Sabretooth going off and just disapearing, feeling abandonned he pushed to make himself better then Logan

as for what you say is his motivation in comics, i always thought it was that he felt superior for giving in and he beat the crap out of Logan on his birthday to prove it.

__________________
Vote busty, not brawny, vote CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.