The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #51
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: Everyone wants to start with a huge action scene. There is a downside folks.

roflmaopwnedboomheadshot!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #52
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: Everyone wants to start with a huge action scene. There is a downside folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El Fan View Post
Now that you've established that he is completely invincible, how will you convince the audience that the villain can present any real threat to him? This is what Lara is referring to. How do you build up from that?
you take his friends, his family, the people of the earth, and Lois from him... and you threaten to kill them if Superman doesn't bow to your wishes... THAT'S how you crumble a man of steel...

and if you kill one of them... or a lot of them, then you get to see a side of Superman you never see... his angry side.

in the words of Zod and Ursa...
"i found his weakness... he cares... he actually cares for these people..."
"like pets..."
"sentimental idiot..."

Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 AM   #53
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Start the movie in the streets Metropolis...the top of a skyscraper explodes, hurling Lois Lane over the side, screaming, towards the ground below. Go with Lois' POV...the wind screaming by as she falls, debris everywhere, frantically flailing and looking around. Then some of the larger chunks of concrete seem to vaporize in mid-air, as if hit by a strong blast of heat. She's starting to spin out of control when out of the corner of her eye, she sees something......weird. A flash of colors...red, blue...a strange shape that looks like it's coming towards her...an almost human-like shape...is it another person thrown from the building? What are those colors...why is it flying towards me...oh my God I'm going to die...etc. Then as the strange object comes near her...and she's just moments from hitting the ground...she screams out again.....and.....

Cut to black......The Superman logo onscreen....

Then open up again in Metropolis...."three days earlier"....a cab pulls up to the curb and out leaps Lois Lane, rushing towards a small crowd of other reporters and cameras surrounding a police officer...she's there to get the scoop, but finds out there's already some tall guy in glasses that she's never seen before who says he's from the Daily Planet too...interviewing some cops and bystanders. She doesn't think much of him, but she's a bit put off by being beaten to the punch. She gets him back by stealing a cab from him...but when she arrives back at the Daily Planet...there's that friggin' guy again...already there in the office! WTF? It's then that he's introduced to her by Perry as Clark Kent, the newly-hired reporter.

And so on...and we'll get back to that opening scene where Supes saves and meets Lois for the first time. Something like that....starting with a heart-pumping action sequence but still not letting the cat out of the bag completely.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 08-17-2010 at 03:50 AM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #54
Comicfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Start the movie in the streets Metropolis...the top of a skyscraper explodes, hurling Lois Lane over the side, screaming, towards the ground below. Go with Lois' POV...the wind screaming by as she falls, debris everywhere, frantically flailing and looking around. Then some of the larger chunks of concrete seem to vaporize in mid-air, as if hit by a strong blast of heat. She's starting to spin out of control when out of the corner of her eye, she sees something......weird. A flash of colors...red, blue...a strange shape that looks like it's coming towards her...an almost human-like shape...is it another person thrown from the building? What are those colors...why is it flying towards me...oh my God I'm going to die...etc. Then as the strange object comes near her...and she's just moments from hitting the ground...she screams out again.....and.....

Cut to black......The Superman logo onscreen....

Then open up again in Metropolis...."three days earlier"....a cab pulls up to the curb and out leaps Lois Lane, rushing towards a small crowd of other reporters and cameras surrounding a police officer...she's there to get the scoop, but finds out there's already some tall guy in glasses that she's never seen before who says he's from the Daily Planet too...interviewing some cops and bystanders. She doesn't think much of him, but she's a bit put off by being beaten to the punch. She gets him back by stealing a cab from him...but when she arrives back at the Daily Planet...there's that friggin' guy again...already there in the office! WTF? It's then that he's introduced to her by Perry as Clark Kent, the newly-hired reporter.

And so on...and we'll get back to that opening scene where Supes saves and meets Lois for the first time. Something like that....starting with a heart-pumping action sequence but still not letting the cat out of the bag completely.
Thats great

THE ART OF COMICFAN
Comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #55
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Do a Begins type opening;

A huge action scene with Supes, then BAM! -> it's three years earlier and Clark is just walking into the DP for a job...

Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #56
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleSuperName View Post
dude that is brilliant but should lead into clark using his powers
Yeah, situations like that are perfect though. He can be using his x-ray vision to see the criminals through a wall, using his super hearing to hear what they are saying etc etc...

And then when Lois goes and does something a bit too daring and gets herself nearly killed, it's Superman who comes on scene to rescue her.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #57
knowsbleed
Banned User

Who says Superman even needs to be in the very first action sequence... have the opening of the movie set up the villain. TDK was a perfect example of that... there was not even a mention of Batman but it set up the Joker perfectly...

do it like that.

knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #58
Paul-el
Side-Kick

I agree there definitely needs to be an action-packed/compelling opening. I remember someone suggested doing something really subtle for the trailer where Kent is walking into a burning building to save someone and bits and pieces of his clothing burn off in the fire to slowly reveal his suit.

You could start the movie off with a similar scene and build the intrigue -- everyone already knows what the Man of Steel looks like in suit -- by opening with something that doesn't totally reveal the costume/Superman's face would be a great way to build intrigue right off the bat, and later give the audience a real intro to Supes by end of ACT 1, in my opinion.

I'm not very familiar with the comics, but I do know what I'd like to see as a fan who has studied film.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I would love to see an action seen at the start of the movie with Superman going after some bank robbers or something, just something high adrenaline. I Also think the action should continue to build and get better.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #60
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-el View Post
I agree there definitely needs to be an action-packed/compelling opening. I remember someone suggested doing something really subtle for the trailer where Kent is walking into a burning building to save someone and bits and pieces of his clothing burn off in the fire to slowly reveal his suit.
That sounds awesome for a trailer. Especially to open the trailer when you don't know what movie it is yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Do a Begins type opening;

A huge action scene with Supes, then BAM! -> it's three years earlier and Clark is just walking into the DP for a job...
Begins didn't start with a huge action scene, but did have a small skirmish kinda near the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
Who says Superman even needs to be in the very first action sequence... have the opening of the movie set up the villain. TDK was a perfect example of that... there was not even a mention of Batman but it set up the Joker perfectly...
That sounds cool, but won't work as well in a first movie when 'your version' of the main character has yet to be established.

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #61
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I really pray that Supes wont be stopping bank robbers or anything typical like that. That's for Batman and Spiderman. Robbers, gangsters etc are just too plain here. I'd rather have the contrasts like Supes saving a cat in a tree in one shot and then catching a meteor in the next. Supes works on a bigger scale but with a human heart/element. Supes is more of a "savior" than a vigilante.

But for possible opening action sequence, sure he can rescue a bunch of people. Not from bad guys, but from a tidal wave or a meteor shower etc.

Last edited by Rust; 09-08-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #62
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i just want to see flying, pov flying and just cool superspeed flying. we got to see batman perching and gliding. in superman i want to see superspeed flying and some superspeed.