The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #76
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
A video of Captain America Super Soldier from the NYC Comic Con. Does anyone have any idea who the character is suppose to be at the end? Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i4Px1WyiCI

Surfer
Arnim Zola, a Captain America villain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnim_Zola

GamerSlyRatchet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #77
BizarroAids
Heh

Oh I do hope they work on that face before releasing the game. He looks like he's constantly shocked.

Not totally impressed with the combat we saw, but then again it's still early. I'll keep an open mind until we still more of the finished product.

Was his suit brighter in the game than it was in the photos? Regardless of him being outside in the light, even in the shadows it looked brighter.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #78
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

HQ gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKebx3baDDY

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #79
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

The game play looked pretty good.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #80
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Here is a link where I believe they are interviewing one of the game developers from NYC Comic Con. Gameplay looks like Arkham Asylum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXSTS_lAoM

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #81
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

They definitely need to work on Chris' face. His eyes are dead. Fortunately theres still plenty of time to fix everything.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #82
BizarroAids
Heh

Are the blood splotches going to be on the shield the whole game???

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #83
lixdexia
Blood Angels

ok, dunno if any or all of this has been posted, but i just got back from nycc and had a talk with one of the developers of this game and watched the demo. the costume in the screens we have is an unlockable costume and the main one is the movie suit. there will be at least one other costume, maybe more. the game play is alot like arkham asylum with a little assassins creed thrown in there. several villains not in the movie will be in the game including the ones we already know about and others
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
i asked about zemo specifically and i got a knowing smile and a "i can't confirm or deny", so...fingers crossed
there will be an upgrade system for cap, newsreel style unlockable audio, cap only uses his shield (no guns or grenades) but can kinda hijack an enemy putting them in a chokehold and using there weapon. there is a pretty cool deflect system for the shield and cap has slow motion super moves based on an "adrenaline" combat momentum system. it looks like it'll be a pretty fun game, even the unfinished version they had was miles better than their ironman 2 game, kinda like an arkham asylum lite. it does take place entirely in a castle, the thug enimies in the screens are not in the movie, there is an appearence by the invaders, composed of bucky, dum dum dugan, and the rest of the howling commandos

2 questions i forgot to ask about,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
is bucky going to be in costume, and is fury in the howling commandos
if anyone is stopping by t/m please try and ask those, the guy running it is pretty cool and open to answering any questions if he can

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #84
Surfer

This is probably the best video I have seen yet for the Captain America Videogame. The video is pretty clear, and it is narrated from start to finish by the director, as well as it showcases most of the moves they currently have available (many of which remind me of Arkham Asylum). Overall the game looks pretty good considering the stage of development Sega is in, but I really hope they incorporate the ability to bounce from one enemy to the next like Arkham did. I think allowing players to link combos is key. If they do that then this game should rock. Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrnujQ9S58

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #85
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
This is probably the best video I have seen yet for the Captain America Videogame. The video is pretty clear, and it is narrated from start to finish by the director, as well as it showcases most of the moves they currently have available (many of which remind me of Arkham Asylum). Overall the game looks pretty good considering the stage of development Sega is in, but I really hope they incorporate the ability to bounce from one enemy to the next like Arkham did. I think allowing players to link combos is key. If they do that then this game should rock. Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrnujQ9S58

Surfer
maybe i'm being overly optimistic, but this game looks like its going to be a lot of fun.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #86
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

You know what would be cool? A set of games by any one company that has the main character's game but with a memory card you can transfer let's say Thor to Captain America's game or visa versa.
Sure Ultimate Alliance has them all, but haven't you ever wanted to play a game with a different hero than what's already in THAT paticular game?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #87
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
You know what would be cool? A set of games by any one company that has the main character's game but with a memory card you can transfer let's say Thor to Captain America's game or visa versa.
Sure Ultimate Alliance has them all, but haven't you ever wanted to play a game with a different hero than what's already in THAT paticular game?
Interesting Idea, but not sure it would work in reality, since every hero has a different set of skills. The developers would have to in essence change certain things about the game to accomodate that particular characters method of moving around. For example Thor can fly (at least in the comics, not sure if it has been determined yet for the movie), but Captain America can not. So if you were introducing Captain America into the Thor game, and Thor can fly to a top ledge with no problem, well Captain America can not. Therefore, adjustments would need to be made to accomodate the different skill sets. Once again great idea and not saying it can't be done, but I think the developers would need to do a lot of planning ahead and that it would require more then just uploading a character with a memory card to make the game work for all the various characters.

Surfer

Old 10-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #88
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Interesting Idea, but not sure it would work in reality, since every hero has a different set of skills. The developers would have to in essence change certain things about the game to accomodate that particular characters method of moving around. For example Thor can fly (at least in the comics, not sure if it has been determined yet for the movie), but Captain America can not. So if you were introducing Captain America into the Thor game, and Thor can fly to a top ledge with no problem, well Captain America can not. Therefore, adjustments would need to be made to accomodate the different skill sets. Once again great idea and not saying it can't be done, but I think the developers would need to do a lot of planning ahead and that it would require more then just uploading a character with a memory card to make the game work for all the various characters.

Surfer
That's why I said they need to make a game that could be possible.
Say you finish one game on the Legendary level with a hero like in MUA2. You can take that hero with that hero's stats and play a section of another hero's game like Captain America's game.
You have to figure if they can ADD characters AFTER a game is out in stores (BOTH MUA games did this) they can use the same process to take a hero from game to game using a memory card.

Much like any Card game, Hero Clicks has a set of cards and heroes that work with each other in certain ways. Even MUA2 has teams that get certain strengths when certain characters are played together.
Say your best friend loves the villians in Cap's game and you love Iron Man's friends and heroes you can play against each other with those teams with YOUR stats and settings.
It really wouldn't take that much more planning that they already do in the MUA games, it's just making a game you CAN do that with.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #89
Surfer

Quote:
Say you finish one game on the Legendary level with a hero like in MUA2. You can take that hero with that hero's stats and play a section of another hero's game like Captain America's game.
You have to figure if they can ADD characters AFTER a game is out in stores (BOTH MUA games did this) they can use the same process to take a hero from game to game using a memory card.

Much like any Card game, Hero Clicks has a set of cards and heroes that work with each other in certain ways. Even MUA2 has teams that get certain strengths when certain characters are played together.
Say your best friend loves the villians in Cap's game and you love Iron Man's friends and heroes you can play against each other with those teams with YOUR stats and settings.
It really wouldn't take that much more planning that they already do in the MUA games, it's just making a game you CAN do that with.
Sounds cool, and I'm really not trying to mess with your fantasy or anything. However, there is a difference in my opinion between Marvel Ultimate Alliance and say a single character game that is now being made multi player. Once again I think it would have to be something they plan for in advance and not an after thought is all I was saying. With Marvel Ultimate Alliance they already had enough variety of different character attributes that bringing in other characters later was not too difficult, but with a single character game unless the chacters share similar powers and method of moving around I believe it could be a problem if the game has not properly prepared for it.

Just my opinion though, and for what it's worth I like your idea.

Surfer

Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #90
Crimson King
Throwing shade

If anyone tried to pull that off, it would be Capcom. They love them some crossovers in video games. Just look at how they're adding Frank West as a playable character in Dead Rising 2.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Crimson King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #91
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:

but it would take that much more planning. the world of cap's game is custom built to showcase cap's abilities as thor's is for him. switching the leads would break the games as they are in their current form. if they designed the games with swapable heroes in mind then what we'd end up with for all of them would likely be relatively homogeneous games that are basically just map packs for ultimate alliance in which you only get to play as one character.

however if you have an ironman 1 save on your system when you play the incredible hulk game, the hulkbuster armor is a playable character in hulk's game. so we may get something yet as these 2 games are being released close together

dictated, not read.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #92
the fixer
Captain Belgium

New interview with Christos Gage, the game's writer on NYCC:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ny...america/706165

No new game footage though...

the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #93
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
but it would take that much more planning. the world of cap's game is custom built to showcase cap's abilities as thor's is for him. switching the leads would break the games as they are in their current form. if they designed the games with swapable heroes in mind then what we'd end up with for all of them would likely be relatively homogeneous games that are basically just map packs for ultimate alliance in which you only get to play as one character.

however if you have an ironman 1 save on your system when you play the incredible hulk game, the hulkbuster armor is a playable character in hulk's game. so we may get something yet as these 2 games are being released close together
That's why I'm saying they SHOULD make a game like that. MAYBE more with Avengers than just one hero. Take the Stats from the single Character games and use them in an Avengers Group with friends.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #94
lixdexia
Blood Angels

but the games leading to the avengers game would suffer because of it. they'd have to be generic beat'em ups. hopefully you'll get a bonus for having each individual game on your hard drive, but importing the hero from each game and keeping all their functions and controls is just too much.

dictated, not read.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #95
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
but the games leading to the avengers game would suffer because of it. they'd have to be generic beat'em ups. hopefully you'll get a bonus for having each individual game on your hard drive, but importing the hero from each game and keeping all their functions and controls is just too much.
Not if the Set of games were MADE to be interchangeable.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #96
lixdexia
Blood Angels

but if they were made to be interchangable then they would have to be dumbed down to work for the other characters. ironman's flight would have to be minimal because cap can't fly, thor's enemies would have to be weakened so cap and thor would stand a chance, and cap's game would be shot to hell trying to keep thor/tony/hulk from blowing it wide open.

dictated, not read.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #97
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Not really, Caps held his own against plenty of Asgardians AND Villains.

If and when Avengers DOES come out it'll be like MUA I'm betting. Remember, MUA took place on Asgard, I for one WANTED to explore more of Asgard, what if you wanted to do that with some other character?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #98
lixdexia
Blood Angels

i agree that the avengers game will be like UA, and it'll be fun, but i can't see thor fighting hydra pawns in this castle being any fun at all.

dictated, not read.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #99
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
i agree that the avengers game will be like UA, and it'll be fun, but i can't see thor fighting hydra pawns in this castle being any fun at all.
SURE it would! Swatin' pawn after pawn not to mention going up against a cosmic cube powered Red Skull! muwhahaha

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #100
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The rights were sold as a package deal before the first Iron Man game, they have to let the terms of their contract expire. They can't just breach their contract based on the quality of the previous games
That's a shame, then. It's too bad that Marvel wasn't savvy enough to include some kind of escape clause if Sega's games weren't high enough quality.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote