Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #726
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
...someone needs to write that comic. the one where dick finds out that it wasn't tony zuko's fault his parents died but instead his friend the clown who just forgot to secure all the trapeze riggings because he was too busy flirting with some random chick.
Then the circus gets shut down for putting a clown in charge of securing the trapeze riggings.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #727
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Then the circus gets shut down for putting a clown in charge of securing the trapeze riggings.
he's a very talented clown

dictated, not read.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #728
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Clearly, not all that talented.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #729
lixdexia
Blood Angels

no, he's talented, he's just completely irresponsible

dictated, not read.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #730
sha1243
Side-Kick

New theory on who is Artemis don't know if anybody already mention this but I think she is Bonnie King Jones. Its not exactly impossible because it is young dc universe and she did team up with green arrow and speedy once. Both Artemis and Bonnie blonde hair and blue eyes also since the actress who plays Artemis said that she has an attitude is also something she has in common with Bonnie. They could always change her character origin and skills to make her fit in the show. I'm probably 100% wrong on this though but I find hard to believe that they would change a villain into a hero when they can use a hero who was in young justice and was a archer.
So does this = this?

Last edited by sha1243; 10-16-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #731
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Robin is Dick, Flash is Barry, and Kid Flash is Wally.
Thank God. I hope they make Dick look/sound older when the show actually starts.

-Christian Bale
Old 10-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #732
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha1243 View Post
New theory on who is Artemis don't know if anybody already mention this but I think she is Bonnie King Jones. Its not exactly impossible because it is young dc universe and she did team up with green arrow and speedy once. Both Artemis and Bonnie blonde hair and blue eyes also since the actress who plays Artemis said that she has an attitude is also something she has in common with Bonnie. They could always change her character origin and skills to make her fit in the show. I'm probably 100% wrong on this though but I find hard to believe that they would change a villain into a hero when they can use a hero who was in young justice and was a archer.
So does this = this?
That would be weird. Why not just use Cissie like virtually every Young Justice fan wants instead of de-aging her mother?

Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #733
lixdexia
Blood Angels

because it pisses you off. they designed the entire show with the sole purpose of pissing you off

dictated, not read.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #734
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd believe it at this point.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #735
sha1243
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
That would be weird. Why not just use Cissie like virtually every Young Justice fan wants instead of de-aging her mother?
Well because cissie doesn't exist yet and not really de-aging a character if she was young hero when she was a kid again this young dc universe so character can fit in. I do agree with you though it is weird but its not a straight adaption of the book so we got to get use to changes that they are making. Would you rather them make a villain into hero instead of using an archer that already exist. I might be wrong but it make sense if you think about. They already change Robin, Kid Flash and Superboy so it not like they wont do same for Cissie's mom since she has her own history as hero.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #736
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes, I'd rather they made a villain into a hero. Having a reformed villain struggling with being a hero sounds a lot more interesting to me than effectively replacing Cissie with her mom for the show. I'm not saying it's impossible that that's what they did, mind you, just that 1) it'd be kind of weird and 2) I wouldn't want to see that.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #737
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote:
So does this = this?
Interesting.

My latest theory, discussed several pages ago, was that Artemis is actually Artemis Crock, who is the daughter of villains Paula Brooks (Huntress/Tigress) and Crusher Crock (Sportsmaster). The Golden Age Paula Brooks was an enemy of Zatara the Magician, and he's in the show as a member of the JLA. Sportsmaster has also gotten a bit of play lately, having a cameo in JLU and a few appearances in BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD. The three of them actually had a cameo together in that show, in the episode "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure" (the family trip episode).

Artemis Crock was an expert archer and had blond hair, blue eyes. She was never a heroine, but this could be setting up a "heel face turn" later, or even to make her a heroine with a tragic past and something to redeem herself for. Given that the new Aqualad is the son of Black Manta, it wouldn't exactly be out of place to have another member who was the child of villains, in this case two of 'em. Thus, in theory, she could end up paired with Aqualad if this is the case, or used as an example of someone who acts in the opposite manner. Aqualad seems stiff and by-the-numbers, all business no nonsense type; Artemis could be more adventurous and even dashing, while possibly having some underworld rep from her folks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis...#Artemis_Crock

Your theory, of course, could be correct, but mine involves less de-aging. Since this is "a young DC universe", a young Bonnie is possible.

In the video, Greg Weisman claimed that "without Grayson, there could be no Drake" in so many words, especially as this is an younger DC Universe where Batman has only been around about 9 years (and 4 of them were with Robin as a partner). Therefore, under that same logic, Cissie wasn't born yet, so her mother being it isn't a bad theory.

Last edited by Dread; 10-17-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #738
sha1243
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Interesting.

My latest theory, discussed several pages ago, was that Artemis is actually Artemis Crock, who is the daughter of villains Paula Brooks (Huntress/Tigress) and Crusher Crock (Sportsmaster). The Golden Age Paula Brooks was an enemy of Zatara the Magician, and he's in the show as a member of the JLA. Sportsmaster has also gotten a bit of play lately, having a cameo in JLU and a few appearances in BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD. The three of them actually had a cameo together in that show, in the episode "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure" (the family trip episode).

Artemis Crock was an expert archer and had blond hair, blue eyes. She was never a heroine, but this could be setting up a "heel face turn" later, or even to make her a heroine with a tragic past and something to redeem herself for. Given that the new Aqualad is the son of Black Manta, it wouldn't exactly be out of place to have another member who was the child of villains, in this case two of 'em. Thus, in theory, she could end up paired with Aqualad if this is the case, or used as an example of someone who acts in the opposite manner. Aqualad seems stiff and by-the-numbers, all business no nonsense type; Artemis could be more adventurous and even dashing, while possibly having some underworld rep from her folks.

Your theory, of course, could be correct, but mine involves less de-aging. Since this is "a young DC universe", a young Bonnie is possible.

In the video, Greg Weisman claimed that "without Grayson, there could be no Drake" in so many words, especially as this is an younger DC Universe where Batman has only been around about 9 years (and 4 of them were with Robin as a partner). Therefore, under that same logic, Cissie wasn't born yet, so her mother being it isn't a bad theory.
Good point but it is her why keep the name a secret. its not giving away the plot because they can do whatever they want with the character. I think Artemis is just her superhero name and she a different real name if its Artemis Crock because that is to obvious to figure out also this is a show about secrets and lies and the characters will be going to school so most of the characters will have secret identities so unless they changed her name I don't think its her. Also Superboy has more in common with Aqua-lad if he is a clone of Lex Luther

It will be interesting was her though and fits in with the tone of show but I don't think they will change the character that much. So far all the other characters that we know of in the show are a little bit different but still are either heroes or villains from the comics. So what makes Artemis Crock so special to be so much different from her comic book counter part. Even though Aqua-lad is Black Mantra's son and their new character he is based on Cal Durham who was Black mantra's henchman turned good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Durham

I really hope that I'm wrong about this because i agree with corpulent having Artemis being Bonnie is to weird something I rather not see but i have a feeling that is what did because your theory involves a lot of changing of Artemis Crock's character. With Bonnie it just makes sense she fits with what they are doing also they already de-aged or change the ages of every character in the so show far so its not uncommon for them to do it again. She fits in with other main characters in wanting to prove that they are is a hero's.

Another reason why I think its Bonnie notice how he made he sure he meant Cissie. Well also specifies the other ones but there's only one speedy and a lot of wonder girls and amazons but there was a original arrowette that he didn't mention.
Quote:
Oh, but I will say this, since I said it at ComicCon: Artemis is NOT Arrowette (Cissie). Two different characters.
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=12350

Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #739
sha1243
Side-Kick

Quote:
YOUNG JUSTICE #0
Written by GREG WEISMAN and KEVIN HOPPS
Cover and art by MIKE NORTON
Based on the upcoming hit animated show from Warner Bros. debuting on Cartoon Network! Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash and Aqualad star in this explosive issue kickstarting an all-new ongoing series! They’re four young superheroes learning how to be a team...and maybe doing a bit of growing up along the way – but only just a little bit!
Animation writers Greg Wiesman (The Batman, Gargoyles) and Kevin Hopps (Spectacular Spider-Man, Smurfs) join fan-favorite artist Mike Norton (BILLY BATSON AND THE MAGIC OF SHAZAM) for this exciting new, all-ages title!
On sale JANUARY 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Is it just me or is robin costume look a little bit different

Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #740
BlackLantern
Banned User

I think the fandom is severely ovethinking this whole "Artemis" business

Old 10-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #741
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Interesting.

Whose theory? I'm pretty sure I mentioned Artemis Crock before you'd ever heard of her.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #742
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon

A shame that Mike Norton can't draw for more "important" titles. He's a good artist.
Quote:
Good point but it is her why keep the name a secret. its not giving away the plot because they can do whatever they want with the character. I think Artemis is just her superhero name and she a different real name if its Artemis Crock because that is to obvious to figure out also this is a show about secrets and lies and the characters will be going to school so most of the characters will have secret identities so unless they changed her name I don't think its her. Also Superboy has more in common with Aqua-lad if he is a clone of Lex Luther

It will be interesting was her though and fits in with the tone of show but I don't think they will change the character that much. So far all the other characters that we know of in the show are a little bit different but still are either heroes or villains from the comics. So what makes Artemis Crock so special to be so much different from her comic book counter part. Even though Aqua-lad is Black Mantra's son and their new character he is based on Cal Durham who was Black mantra's henchman turned good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Durham

I really hope that I'm wrong about this because i agree with corpulent having Artemis being Bonnie is to weird something I rather not see but i have a feeling that is what did because your theory involves a lot of changing of Artemis Crock's character. With Bonnie it just makes sense she fits with what they are doing also they already de-aged or change the ages of every character in the so show far so its not uncommon for them to do it again. She fits in with other main characters in wanting to prove that they are is a hero's.

Another reason why I think its Bonnie notice how he made he sure he meant Cissie. Well also specifies the other ones but there's only one speedy and a lot of wonder girls and amazons but there was a original arrowette that he didn't mention.
Bonnie fits, but it would be weird. On the other hand, she may be a bit of a blank slate to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
I think the fandom is severely ovethinking this whole "Artemis" business
Comic fans? Over thinking something? Perish the thought!

Quote:
Whose theory? I'm pretty sure I mentioned Artemis Crock before you'd ever heard of her.
Probably. I just researched it and went on a long agreement post I think. Fine, it's your theory.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #743
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I can quote the posts, if you like. I wouldn't really care, except I totally think (and hope) I'm right.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #744
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
I can quote the posts, if you like. I wouldn't really care, except I totally think (and hope) I'm right.
You probably are. I just liked the theory so I jumped at it and wrote a long post, as usual.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #745
lixdexia
Blood Angels

dread? writing a long post? no way

dictated, not read.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #746
Drz
Real Hero

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/green-la...ce-101022.html

Quote:
Weisman also said that, sticking to the realism they’re aiming for, that the relationship between Batman and his underage sidekick will come into question.
“There is an episode early on in the show, where Batman is asked to justify letting a 13-year-old boy put his life on the line to fight crime. And he answers the question,” he said.
Raising such questions isn’t typical for superhero cartoons, which is exactly the point, according to Weisman.
I like that they're answering this question since they went with a young Robin. Ah gosh i can't wait to hear some more Bruce Greenwood now that i think about Batman.

Quote:
Artemis is the last member to join the team, as Green Arrow’s new sidekick, around episode 6. The character’s identity will remain secret for the time being, according to the creative team.
Nice to hear that not all the heroes come together at the very first episode. Since 1st episode seems to be about Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad and with Speedy being there, but then ultimately not joining them or so.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #747
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm sure the answer to why Robin is allowed to do what he does is that he'd do it anyway, so at least this way Batman gets to train and direct him.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #748
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

I think i'm ultimately going to lean towards "Young Justice" over "Avengers"

The animation is more straightforward and it seems we might get more complexity of past heroes/relationships/issues like the DCAU.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #749
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm still way in Avengers' favor after their stellar premiere a couple days ago.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #750
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
it seems we might get more complexity of past heroes/relationships/issues like the DCAU.
And Aquaman.