The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #76
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

sorry for the topic change...

but, according to Jennifer, if she has, for example, 10 scenes, 1 will be with the Mystique form.

mmm, I suppose well see her real form being a child too, so that would be 15%, lol

Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #77
huzzah
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
sorry for the topic change...

but, according to Jennifer, if she has, for example, 10 scenes, 1 will be with the Mystique form.

mmm, I suppose well see her real form being a child too, so that would be 15%, lol
Maybe they had to cut down on the number of transformation scenes to save money

Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #78
merbass
Side-Kick

This will be like X2, except we will see her in human form through out and then a scene as Mystique like Grace scene in X2.

I figure that's when she decided to side with Erik after Charles picked Moira over her !

Last edited by Morg; 10-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #79
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence on Working Nude to Play Mystique in "X-Men: First Class"

We've already seen photos of Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique on the set of "X-Men: First Class," but the actress has revealed that she will be in full make-up for only ten percent of her total screen time. She added that first shots of her as Mystique will likely be released right before the June 3rd release date.

Lawrence is currently making the rounds promoting "Winter's Bone," which may get her an Oscar nomination, and is speaking about her other movies. She said that it takes eight hours to transform her into Mystique and that the first official photos of her in make-up will likely not appear online until right before the June 3rd release of the film.

Regarding being half-nude on set, she said: "I used to walk around and be like, 'Oh, my gosh—I'm naked!' But now I could walk in the street and people could start touching me and I would just wait for them to finish and I'd keep walking. I have, like, no modesty left."

Old 10-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #80
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
This will be like X2, except we will see her in human form through out and then a scene as Mystique like Grace scene in X2.

I figure that's when she decided to side with Erik after Charles picked Moira over her !
So the love triangle is confirmed?

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #81
The Wizard
Side-Kick

No.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #82
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post

Then that is not like X2...that is the exact opposite of X2.

If she is a minor character then that is fine but she played a pretty prevalent role in X1 and X2 and I think she is one of the main characters in this so 10% is pretty saddening I understand it is her powers but it would be like having a Spider-Man movie where Mysterio was Beck 90% of the time and only Mysterio 10%.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #83
JP
To me

http://video.about.com/movies/Jennif...n-Mystique.htm
Video with Jenn. God she's beautiful!

Says Xavier and Mystique are "best friends". That kinda makes me sad knowing how that all ends up.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #84
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Says Xavier and Mystique are "best friends". That kinda makes me sad knowing how that all ends up.
I have a feeling by the end of this film, the X1 scene where she sabotages Cerebro is going to have a completely different feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Then that is not like X2...that is the exact opposite of X2.

If she is a minor character then that is fine but she played a pretty prevalent role in X1 and X2 and I think she is one of the main characters in this so 10% is pretty saddening I understand it is her powers but it would be like having a Spider-Man movie where Mysterio was Beck 90% of the time and only Mysterio 10%.
Well this is clearly a very different type of X-Film or even super hero film. Otherwise we wouldn't have only four returning characters from the other films (unless you count Moira in her blink-and-miss-it-cameo and Emma Silverfox). In the context of the film I feel it wouldn't make much sense for Mystique to be blue for most of the film and it probably has something to do with her X1 comments about people like Kelly making her afraid to go to school as a child.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 10-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #85
Angamb
Banned User

If they are best friends, the first trilogy will be kind of weird now, since Xavier and Mystique NEVER had a scene together.

That's kind of sad, for me at least.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #86
Sentinel X
optical illusion

I actually like the idea of Mystique being in human form for most of the film. It makes the most sense and it will be really effective when we finally get to see her true self. Its also interesting that they are making Charles and Mystique best friends. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Im so excited for this movie...I just hope it doesn't get "fox"ed ...so to speak.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Old 10-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #87
the a1ant
Awesome

I think this story and the character's relationships will be very interesting

Old 10-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #88
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
If they are best friends, the first trilogy will be kind of weird now, since Xavier and Mystique NEVER had a scene together.

That's kind of sad, for me at least.
I agree. I kind of feel this film is going to have a pretty tragic tone overall.

Obviously we''ll have Xavier and Magneto breaking up.

Xavier's relationship with Moira probably won't turn out well given their comic history and the fact she's absent in the trilogy.

Xavier and Mystique being best friends and then devolving into their non-relatonship in the trilogy.

Then there's the fact that most of the younger mutants aren't in the main trilogy, which kind of makes me think something bad is going to happen with them. Even if it's just them ditching Xavier or joining Magneto's Brotherhood.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #89
Angamb
Banned User

yes, all seems to end bad.

I kind of like it, really. I like the drama on the superhero movies, so I have the feeling this will be one of my faves, if not my fave.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #90
JP
To me

Another interview:

Apart from your stint on “The Bill Engvall Show,” people know you as a serious indie actress. But coming off “Winter’s Bone,” you did a very glamorous photo shoot in Esquire that got a lot of attention, and then you signed on to make “X-Men,” which was kind of a seismic shift in your career approach. Are you deliberately working to change perceptions?
Yes and no. It was a seismic move, and it did change people’s perceptions. But the truth is, I can’t do as many indies as I want and do as many studios as I want, but I can do a studio and do as many indies as I want. Do you know what I mean?
Wellll ....
[pause] Let me try again. I have a cold so I’m not thinking clearly. Basically, I’m always going to be able to do the little movies that I love. And it was time to move to a studio and do a bigger movie. I do love “X-Men,” I loved the script, I think Matthew Vaughan is a fantastic director, James McAvoy is one of my favorite actors, and Michael Fassbender as well. I was the right move.
I saw an older interview where you railed against the major studios and said you’d lost patience with them.
Well, yeah. I had read a lot of crappy studio scripts when I said that. But that’ll teach me to never say never. Again, this is a total learning process, and I didn’t know what I was talking about.
It became big news on the Internet the other day when you mentioned that you’re only blue in 10 percent of the movie.
Yeah. My publicist said, “Don’t say that today.” But it’s true, I’m not really blue for that much of the movie. I just don't know why that one quote took over the world.
That blue bodypaint can be pretty eye-catching ...
Well, it’s still there. Just not as much.

The movie is an X-Men origin story?
Yeah. It’s a prequel about the founding of the school. And it’s set in the ‘60s, so it’s fun to wear those clothes.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #91
BMM
Side-Kick

I don't understand why Mystique being blue for only 10% of the movie is a big deal, anyway. It's not as though she said she won't be using her power for 90% of the movie. She simply said she won't be blue. That's a good thing, in my opinion. It's something different. Also, I can't remember who said it but, I agree and think Mystique will embrace her true form when she breaks ranks with Xavier and joins Magneto.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #92
Angamb
Banned User

thanks.

its curious that Fox doesnt seem to want the sexy Mystique look that much, I mean, everyone know genera audience love that kind of things in movies.

I suppose she has many scenes on this movie, so its normal most of them are in others form.

Im really interested on her role. Hope to see at least one dramatic scene with Jennifer.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #93
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

They aren't playing up most of the few familiar remnants from the old trilogy. It's like the Anti-Wolverine. Which is kind of cool, but also kind of worrying for me in terms of how big the interest will be.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #94
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

A bigger version of the interview posted by Morg:

Quote:
X-Men's New Mystique on Working Naked: I Have No Modesty Left
Mon., Oct. 25, 2010 2:00 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

Jennifer Lawrence is getting used to working without any clothes on.
She has to: She's playing Mystique in the upcoming X-Men: First Class. Read on to find out what she says about walking around the set nearly naked...

She's already shot a couple of scenes as the blue-skinned mutant superhero. "I used to walk around and be like, 'Oh, my gosh—I'm naked!" Lawrence, 20, told me yesterday during a cocktail party celebrating the DVD release of her breakout film, the Oscar-buzzing indie Winter's Bone. "But now I could walk in the street and people could start touching me and I would just wait for them to finish and I'd keep walking. I have, like, no modesty left."

Of course, she's not naked in the Playboy sense of the word. It takes about eight hours in makeup to turn transform her into Mystique. "When everybody hears that they think I'm laying down and sleeping but it's not," Lawrence said. "I have to stand or sit on a bicycle seat!…First they put these latex scales on me and then it's six layers of body paint and then eye makeup and then hair."

Hey, at least she gets to work alongside Brit boy James McAvoy. "He's adorable," Lawrence said. "He's not bad to look at all day." ( )

Despite having a nasty cold, Lawrence has also flown to L.A. for tonight's Hollywood Awards Gala presented by Starz, where she'll receive the New Hollywood Award. "I actually made a very unfunny joke that didn't go over very well with Customs," she said. "I was handing over my passport and I coughed. [The Customs agent] was like, 'Do you have anything to declare?' And I was like, 'Yes, I'd like to declare my virus, please.' That didn't go well. They didn't like that."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc...#ixzz13VriWhoz

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #95
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks.

its curious that Fox doesnt seem to want the sexy Mystique look that much, I mean, everyone know genera audience love that kind of things in movies.

I suppose she has many scenes on this movie, so its normal most of them are in others form.

Im really interested on her role. Hope to see at least one dramatic scene with Jennifer.
Curious? Not really. It's not as though Fox maintains a quota of female nudity that must be met in order for a movie to be released. Mystique isn't blue because evidently the story doesn't call for it. And would anyone want the studio to intervene that much? I don't think so.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #96
Angamb
Banned User

I mean..

she is one of the most visual characters on the trilogy, and one of the most visual of this prequel, at least from what we know.

that's why I find it a bit curious.

But of course we have Beast, and I think they are going to give him more blue screentime, mostly because that will be her FOREVER look.

So I can understand that Mystique wont be blue the same as Beast.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #97
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

We had a couple of reports with a nonfurry Beast I think so I'm wondering how often we'll even see blue Beast in this film.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #98
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
We had a couple of reports with a nonfurry Beast I think so I'm wondering how often we'll even see blue Beast in this film.
Most likely won't be furry until the last act is my guess. Hopefully at least. Would be cool to see his accident in live action.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #99
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I don't understand why Mystique being blue for only 10% of the movie is a big deal, anyway. It's not as though she said she won't be using her power for 90% of the movie. She simply said she won't be blue. That's a good thing, in my opinion. It's something different. Also, I can't remember who said it but, I agree and think Mystique will embrace her true form when she breaks ranks with Xavier and joins Magneto.
Me.

Look...I want a naked blue chick and a lingerie hottie romping around the entire movie. 10% just seems small to me. I don't want to see her blue for only one scene. I truly hope she is her true form more than once. If it is only once...I will be a very very very sad panda bear.

Quote:
Curious? Not really. It's not as though Fox maintains a quota of female nudity that must be met in order for a movie to be released. Mystique isn't blue because evidently the story doesn't call for it. And would anyone want the studio to intervene that much? I don't think so.
The story could call for 100% blue Mystique or 0% blue Mystique...that is the magic of writing. I just hope that they didn't write it that way because of budget constraints. Mystique is very pricey to show transform as Jennifer mentioned, it takes a long time to get her in full makeup and that is all very costly as well. We will see...but I just hope that they use her time very well and meaningful.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 10-26-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #100
huzzah
Side-Kick

So I take it Xavier has no idea who she really is when they're walking through the streets of Oxford as best buddies. His empathic abilities get lost on Mystique?

Closed Thread