The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #101
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Most likely won't be furry until the last act is my guess. Hopefully at least. Would be cool to see his accident in live action.
they have to do it!

Its the film to show it, so I really hope it.

I think he will become Beast at the middle or so. They have to developt his reactions and conflict, so at the end will be a wasted oportunity.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #102
Devil
Banned User

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

My two cents.

This is a prequel to the first three movies, right?

Ok. In these movies Xavier and Magneto was old friends but it's clear that Mystique was "sort of in love" with Erik.

Mystique says also that he has "left" her "human form" when he joined the Magneto's part, after Erik and Charles have broken their friendship.

She says also that "Raven Darkholme" is her "slave's name", so this means she has taken Magneto's side.

Remember this:
it's clear that, in Singer's vision, Xavier and Magneto and Mystique are all old friends in past.

Well i presume that Mystique has a Wolverine-like mutation, so she's more old than what appears.

The 10% of scene in blue's skin are justify. Xavier teach to all his mutants to never use their powers. If you see the trilogy the X-Men never used their powers when they're nearly to humans. They use their powers only if necessary. Remember, right?

So I presume that Raven, that is a friend of Charles, never use her powers in public. But when she embrace Magneto's part she's understand that she has to "transform" into Mystique. All the time.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #103
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
My two cents.

This is a prequel to the first three movies, right?

Ok. In these movies Xavier and Magneto was old friends but it's clear that Mystique was "sort of in love" with Erik.

Mystique says also that he has "left" her "human form" when he joined the Magneto's part, after Erik and Charles have broken their friendship.

She says also that "Raven Darkholme" is her "slave's name", so this means she has taken Magneto's side.

Remember this:
it's clear that, in Singer's vision, Xavier and Magneto and Mystique are all old friends in past.

Well i presume that Mystique has a Wolverine-like mutation, so she's more old than what appears.

The 10% of scene in blue's skin are justify. Xavier teach to all his mutants to never use their powers. If you see the trilogy the X-Men never used their powers when they're nearly to humans. They use their powers only if necessary. Remember, right?

So I presume that Raven, that is a friend of Charles, never use her powers in public. But when she embrace Magneto's part she's understand that she has to "transform" into Mystique. All the time.
Sounds about right to me. And considering the 60s was a time when anyone perceived to be 'different' would be subjected to abuse, it is understandable why Mystique would look like a normal human most of the time. I'm still troubled about the relationship between Mystique and Xavier and how it relates to X1 - X3.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #104
Devil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Sounds about right to me. And considering the 60s was a time when anyone perceived to be 'different' would be subjected to abuse, it is understandable why Mystique would look like a normal human most of the time. I'm still troubled about the relationship between Mystique and Xavier and how it relates to X1 - X3.
NO, i don't think it's a problem. If i remember correctly Mystique never met Xavier in the trilogy. So they can build everythin', also that Raven and Xavier are fall in love in the past. Everything.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #105
Angamb
Banned User

I hope if Synger directs a sequel to the main trilogy one day, he develops all the plots introduced on this film.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #106
JP
To me

SuperHeroHype: How did you dig into the very, very dense X-Men world? Where was your starting point with the franchise?
Jennifer Lawrence: I didn't really learn much about it until a few auditions in, and then I started doing that research right before I did the movie.

SHH: What was it that you found most appealing about the character and the project?
Lawrence: Honestly, I like anything, any character, any movie that has a beginning, a middle and an end, anything that goes through an arc and then there's a change and then you end somewhere you weren't in the beginning. That's just what this movie is. It's a prequel, and all of the characters and their relationships - they go through so much from the beginning. They change and there's so much that happens in their lives. I just really thought that script was so good.

SHH: At this point, what can you reveal about about this film's take on Mystique?
Lawrence: Gosh. I don't know what I'm allowed to say! This is before she became the Mystique that we know her as, the mutant-and-proud, the tough girl. This is when she's an insecure teenage girl - insecure about her hidden secret thing, a mutant, of being blue.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #107
chaseter
Bland User

SHH: What was it that you found most appealing about the character and the project?
Lawrence: Honestly, I like anything...

That made me laugh. Girl is just happy to get work!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #108
Angamb
Banned User

she's becoming the Star of this movie, with all theses interviews so early, lol

Old 10-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #109
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I'm glad she's having a good time...I'm surprised she doesn't feel pressured to be good as Rebecca, but hopefully she'll make Rebecca proud...

Its interesting that Raven & Xavier are "bff's" but it makes sense best friends do fall out and never ever speak, so whatever the reason it'll be interesting and to note why her & Xavier don't speak in X1-X3 and why she didn't have a problem taking him using Cerebro in X1

sad only 10% of will be blue, but it seems about right cuz in X3 she only had 10% of screen time, so...

Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #110
Project862006
Banned User

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/27...ce-mystique-2/

Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #111
JP
To me

Awesome. Love she's she's a legit character this time around. And I think Lawrence's performance will be a highlight.

Now if only Nick Hoult would start talking .

Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #112
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
NO, i don't think it's a problem. If i remember correctly Mystique never met Xavier in the trilogy. So they can build everythin', also that Raven and Xavier are fall in love in the past. Everything.
It may also explain why Mystique tried to protect the school at the start of X2 to Stryker while posing as Senator Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I hope if Synger directs a sequel to the main trilogy one day, he develops all the plots introduced on this film.
Lets hope so, after watching X1 and X2 again over the last 2 nights, i'm dying for him to make an X-Men movie again, glad he is involved with this one though, and excited for what Vaughn will bring to the table.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #113
Angamb
Banned User

Im excited too.

Cant wait to see a trailer, hopefully on December.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #114
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

This is probably the trailer I'm most excited for and that's saying something considering the 2011 line up.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #115
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

I think you all need to understand they weren't filming x1-x3 thinking "Well we gotta make sure include this because several years fom now we plan on doing a prequel"

So expect alot of things to happen in this that isn't evident in the current triolgy.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #116
Electrix
Side-Kick

Cool short interview. Lawrence says she hasn't got many stunts in the film...until the end.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #117
Angamb
Banned User

Im curious about how she decides to take the "Jennifer" image for most of the movie. I mean, that wouldnt be her real form, so they will have to show an unknow girl with the real Jennifer look, so Mystique choose her.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #118
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

I actually find the idea of seeing Raven evolving from an insecure girl to the badass Mystique we all know and love very exciting.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #119
Angamb
Banned User

me too.

I didnt want to see her as a bad girl since being a child, you know.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #120
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

It's much more interesting as a character study. Otherwise it would be something boring like "Oh I see, Magneto is a villain because when he was a child he loved to torture kittens". It's intriguing to see how the characters change, what happens to those people that makes them chose one side or the other - what makes friends or lovers turn into enemies.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #121
Angamb
Banned User

yes, and how they do it its what will make this a really great movie or not.

This films seems to have the plots to become one of the best superhero movies of the latest years.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #122
The Wizard
Side-Kick

Light on stunts until the end. Wonder what the end is.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #123
Electrix
Side-Kick

An epic mutant vs mutant battle in which Mystique becomes kick-ass, Xavier loses his legs, Hank is his beastly self and The Hellfire Club are defeated?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #124
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Maybe Mystique is the one who cripples Xavier.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #125
The Wizard
Side-Kick

Hopefully not.

Closed Thread