The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #201
OutcryX
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Related Questions and Answers Thread

protective wear...or else he'd blow her away...see what i did there? lol

wow..so kids REALLY DON'T read comics anymore...that looks like some fan art...that /slash stuff

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #202
Havok83
Side-Kick

Where is Mikhail Rasputin? Whatever happened to him? Im surprised he hasnt shown up since Magik was resurrected.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #203
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

In the Colossus: Bloodline mini, it was revealed that Peter and his family and various others are decedents of Grigori Rasputin, who was actually a mutant who could pass his life essence and power down through his family members, and when there is one left, he would be reborn into that individual. To stop Rasputin from being reborn, Mikhail teleported himself to a dimension where he never supposed to be able to die, or ever be able to return to this dimension, so even if Rasputin is reborn in him, he'll be stuck there. So Mikhail might not be seen again, at least not anytime soon.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #204
Havok83
Side-Kick

Oh thanks for that. Seems as if Illyana could be the fix for this if and when they want to focus on the family

Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #205
OutcryX
Side-Kick

leave Mikhail where he is..hell...now that illyana is back...send her there too...her resurrection hasn't proven to be anything special

MARVEL COMICS

-Manic
Old 11-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #206
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

"Illyana is back! And... people are still using Megan as the new Illyana. Yay." Seriously, Magik's return should've created one big excuse to drop Pixie back down to just a flier who sprinkles LSD on people.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #207
jor2585

Hey everyone
This is my first post here. I've been reading old and current issues of X-men and X-men related books for a little over a year. Which is enough time to have read A LOT, but still only make a dent in everything that's out there.
Anyways, I have a question for some of the more hardcore fans about the timeline:

Just how much time is supposed to have passed from the first issue to present day? It's been about 40 years in real life, right? So if Cyclops was a teenager when the comics started, how old is he supposed to be now? Obviously not in his 50's? I'm assuming he's supposed to be about 30?
And is that length of time the same throughout all of Marvel comics? (ie: Has the same amount of time passed for Spiderman that has for the X-men, since they're live through the same events?)

Just curious if anyone has an answer, or just a little info about the whole 'comic time/ real life time' subject.

Thanks a lot!

jor2585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #208
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

The cosmic ray spaceflight of the Fantastic Four, Peter Parker's spider bite, and the enrollment of the X-Men at Xavier's school all happened roughly 10-15 years ago. There's no exact number, since time moves differently (and inconsistently) in the Marvel Universe.

Cyclops, Archangel, and Beast are all in their late 20's to early 30's (Beast is definitely at least 30, as he was the oldest original X-man and had his 30th birthday some time ago), and Iceman is in his mid to late 20's. Storm, Colossus, and Nightcrawler are around that same age (though I think they're closer to Iceman's age than Beast's). I think Rogue is about Iceman's age or slightly younger. The original New Mutants are in their early to mid 20's. Generation X is still in their late teens. Psylocke is the exact same age as Captain Britain, however old that is, and god only knows how old Kwannon's body is physically.

The timeline moves the same throughout the rest of the Marvel Universe (more or less). Cyclops, Spider-Man, and the Human Torch are all about the same age.

Some characters age differently either due to their origin stories or writers refusing to change the characters. Magneto, Professor X, and Juggernaut are all in their 70's-80's because no one has updated their origins that involve the Holocaust and Korean War. Franklin Richards (son of the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic) has bounced forward and backward between the ages of 7 and 12 for years. I swear he was 12 at some point during the 90's, but he was 9 in the recent Fantastic 4 Christmas issue.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #209
Havok83
Side-Kick

I think about 15-18 years has passed. Iceman was the youngest at 15 and Beast was the oldest at 18 when they all began. I think Best is in his mid 30s by now with Bobby in his early 30s

Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #210
Hellion
He's Not Serious

My questions not about a specific comic or anything? I need help identifying a character...I recently was going through stuff and I found a box set of X-Men figs, its called the X-Men Strike Force/Team, I know all the characters except the one called Talos...the figure itself is a repaint of the early 90s Stryfe IIRC...It includes Storm, Jubilee, Gambit, Banshee, Wolverine, Forge, Super Skrull and the Talos character. THe X-Men are in the X-Uniform. I just want to know who the Talos character is. Because I honestly don't remember the character....I think I may have asked before, again I don't remember...lol...bad memory.

PS...seeing this set, I would love to have a new Jubilee fig for my collection...lol

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #211
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I have no clue who Talos is, and even uncannyxmen.net's character glossary doesn't have a listing for him. If you say the figure is a repaint of a Stryfe figure, then there's a chance he may be just that.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #212
OutcryX
Side-Kick

i rmember a Tao...but he was from WildC.A.T.S lol

MARVEL COMICS

-Manic
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #213
jor2585

Here's what I found on Talos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Apparently Talos was a robot character named Shiva in the comics. For the television show, which the toys are probably based off of, they changed the name for "censorship reasons", which I don't really understand.

jor2585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #214
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Maybe they didn't want to offend Hindus.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #215
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

bump

Old 08-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #216
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

This thread should really be stickied like the one in the Misc Comics Forum.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #217
Havok83
Side-Kick

What does Fantomex look like? Has his face ever been revealed without that mask? Is there a reason why he always keeps it on? He sometimes has it on halfway, but its always covering his head and eyes. At first I thought he might be horribly disfigured like Deadpool but we've seen parts of his face and I think he's supposed to be potrayed as handsome,so that theory is out the window. Are they trying to keep him mysterious like Wolverine was?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #218
Havok83
Side-Kick

Does Rictor have powers over in X-factor? Have the events of Children's Crusade been referenced in that book yet?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #219
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Yes, they started that in issue 225.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #220
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
What does Fantomex look like? Has his face ever been revealed without that mask? Is there a reason why he always keeps it on? He sometimes has it on halfway, but its always covering his head and eyes. At first I thought he might be horribly disfigured like Deadpool but we've seen parts of his face and I think he's supposed to be potrayed as handsome,so that theory is out the window. Are they trying to keep him mysterious like Wolverine was?
We've never really seen his face from what I can recall. I don't think he's ugly or anything, I think the point of him is it doesn't matter what he looks like, it's his actions that define him. He does have jet black hair, it's been shown, I just don't remember when.

He recently had his face cut off by the Skinless Man in UXF so maybe when it gets reattached it will give him some nasty scars.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #221
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Random thought: Any chance we'll see Vulcan again? Blackbolt found his way back fromthe Fault, why not Gabe. I kinda miss him

Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #222
Snikt8
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Random thought: Any chance we'll see Vulcan again? Blackbolt found his way back fromthe Fault, why not Gabe. I kinda miss him
Really? I don't know....didn't really care for him once he got super powerful and junk. I wish they would have kept him earthbound and involved in the X-Men instead of all that intergalatic stuff.

Snikt8 is offline   Reply With Quote