The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #76
Superman_20
Banned User

Default Re: How should Superman fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
Like I said...they should take a look at Justice League Unlimited...and just go with how Superman fights in that series. It really shows off all his powers.
but definitely not choppy... it would suck to see superman throw one punch and the rest of it be all special effects, i'd like to see him fight, like with some continuity and flow, not just throw one punch... have a bunch of rocks fly around and earth shake and then he throws another one

Superman_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #77
Kal Prime

I think Superman should fight smoothly, as people have said before in this thread, he's not a 'trained' fighter, but in my opinion, he has plenty of experiance!! I think his attacks should flow seamlessly, between big punches, throws, heat vision, flying spears, big slams,ect... Just make it look natural, and try to actually do something to show how powerful he truly is, as he is meant to be practically a god!! I dont feel that in any of the films or tv shows that have come before he's been shown to be as strong as he actually is.

Kal Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #78
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Prime View Post
I dont feel that in any of the films or tv shows that have come before he's been shown to be as strong as he actually is.
Lifting a kryptonite-laced continent not strong enough for'ya?

I just want to see Superman fight a worthy opponent without kryptonite/red sun involved, and him get reeeeeeally angry at some point.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #79
Kal Prime

That bit yes!! I meant to say 'in combat'

Kal Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #80
Tomar-Re
Side-Kick

The DC Universe Online trailer is a perfect example of how I'd like to see Superman use his powers. Quick, fast and brutal. The heat vision on Adam was insane!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #81
블라스
Side-Kick

Like Charles Bronson in "Hard Times".
Hard punches to body and face, some grapples and throws.

블라스 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #82
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

I'd also like to see a long single-shot sequence where we're right along Superman in flight as he punches, pounds, eye-blasts, rips, and bursts his way through a long gauntlet of obstacles and threats. Build it up as a sort of 'rite of passage' type sequence. Kinda' like in Black Hawk Down, when the fifty-gunner goes down in the Humvee and Hoot replaces him...and the vehicle continues down that long streetway blasting away...or those Sean Merriman/Stephen Jackson NFL commercials made by Mann with the Last of the Mohicans music.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #83
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatEL View Post
In the new film we know he will be doing a lot more than just lifting things so the question is how would you like a Superman fight to be interpreted on film?

Me personally I would like it to be quick and brutal, two power houses going at it. When Superman smashes into a foe with Super strength I want that blow to impact the environment around them. I want Superman to also utilise his speed and other abilities in combat, any anime and manga fan surely remembers Dragonball and how fights were depicted on the anime. How the fights were fast to the point of both fighters could not be seen by people below their level, that’s the kind of thing I would like. For instance I would like Superman to be fighting a Superpowered foe and Lois to be watching or trying to watch but she cant follow the fight all she can hear is the sound from the fight and see the impact it is having around her.
I'm kinda coming at this, from an, "eventually they'll team him up with Batman, Wonder Woman, et. al." point-of-view; but even if they don't, I think this still applies: I don't think Superman should necessarily have any "style" of fighting. In other words, he doesn't train as a fighter. After-all, he never saw himself as having to fight anyone anyway, so why should he take Karate classes or whatever?

Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #84
Kurosawa
Banned User

Another good idea is if they give Superman signature moves, which was part of why Curt Swan was so great. The double-axe handle punch, the super-throw where he would toss opponents for miles, and the soccer ball kick where Supes would basically punt opponents into space were all very cool and fitting moves. Those and the "burn" heat vision bit from Moore and Gibbons are all really awesome moves and exemplify Superman's power.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #85
SatEL
Banned User

Bump.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:10 AM   #86
SatEL
Banned User

Double bump. Hopefully something as intense as this minus the martial arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSJO...eature=related

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #87
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Snyder really needs to watch the DCU Online trailer...that's how superman should be

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #88
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Something like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #89
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

kinda like this (skip to 30 seconds for the good stuff)...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

...but only if he's fighting robots. if he's fighting living beings, then he should fight like that except without the killing.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #90
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_20 View Post
but definitely not choppy... it would suck to see superman throw one punch and the rest of it be all special effects, i'd like to see him fight, like with some continuity and flow, not just throw one punch... have a bunch of rocks fly around and earth shake and then he throws another one
Agreed

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #91
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Destructive brawling:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #92
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'd love to see a lot of aerial fighting...I hope it's a villain that can fly or at the very least flying robots/androids...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #93
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

As long as he doesn't look so highly trained, I'm good. I'd like him to utilize a combo of his powers.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...mpy-punch-bag/

Quote:
Grant Morrison to Hollywood: Don’t make Superman a ‘limp and wimpy punch bag’
Feb. 22, 2011 | 10:27 a.m.

Grant Morrison can watch his version of the Man of Steel fly across the screen now with today’s home-video release of the animated “All-Star Superman,” but the acclaimed comics writer is as eager as everyone else to see what producer Christopher Nolan, director Zack Snyder and star Henry Cavill come up with as they try to get a live-action Superman film off the ground.

“I can’t wait to see what they do. There are so many ways to tell Superman stories that might resonate with a modern audience, and I’m looking forward to see how Zack Snyder approaches it. Things I’d personally like to see are a non-camp Luthor, some other villains like Metallo or Brainiac and a more vigorous, go-getting Superman. The noble attempts to portray him as a Christ-like, American redeemer figure in ‘Superman Returns’ had the unfortunate effect of making him a limp and wimpy punch bag. Superman is a highly principled hero, but he’s no pacifist; he’s a brawler who doesn’t give in until he’s dead or the bad guy’s down, and I’d like to see a bit more of that grit. “

– Geoff Boucher

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #94
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I thought his fights with Darkseid were pretty bad*** in the animated movies. The DCU trailer is great too.

I would definitely like to see him meet his match. Actually get challenged.

I would like to see some detail as well. Sonic booms when flying, shock waves when hitting things. Different levels of combustions from the heat vision, according to the material. Stuff like that.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #95
ohmshalone
on the brink of sanity

has Superman ever kicked anyone in his life? lol

A major DC fan (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).
ohmshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #96
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny67 View Post
^

This

Here is a good one:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Very good example.

Superman has always been more of a brawler. I don't mind if martial art elements are infused (seeing as this is a Snyder film expect there to be a lot of it) in the film just not to much.

As some have said it somewhat undermines his god like abilities. Although they should take note of offensive techniques that would look awesome though.

If Brainiac is the villain at the end then he might have to get a little more smart in counters.

But that should be the extent of the martial arts. His entire fight style shouldn't revolve around it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #97
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

double post

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB

Last edited by craigdbfan; 02-23-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: double post lag.
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #98
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Haha. That fight reminds me of the oldschool Rampage game. They just don't eat people.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #99
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
In the Superman/Shazam short, he does a really quick kick to Black Adam that missed or was blocked.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #100
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
He kicks in the second movie with Reeve and looks horrible both times. So much potential

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote