RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #52
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
That was Fox.
Yes, I know that. But they saw how it didn't worked out for Fox and the X-Men trilogy and yet they still repeat their mistake. People never learn.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #53
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Damn it. At least he doesn't have to deal with Marvel fiddling with his movies anymore.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #54
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Well the confirmation didn't take too long.

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
Chris B
Side-Kick

Well, if it was in fact Favreau's decision to leave and wasn't fired by Mavel, then I respect his decision. Still, this news sucks. IM1 is in the league of great comic book movies, and to speak personally is my all-time favorite superhero movie. And while it wasn't as good as its predeccesor, IM2 was still a good film that just need some finetunning and it would've been just as good or even better than IM1.

I have faith in Marvel to find a capable replacement and not give us another Brett Ratner or Joel Schumaker, but it would've been nice to see Favreau wrap up the trilogy and see his take on the Mandarin.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #56
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

is this even confirmed, for starters? (edit, nevermind!) If it happens to be true, so what? It's just a movie. You people all complain about Marvel supposedly being cheap, yet they have continue to bring in stars to their franchises (Hopkins, Portman, Weaving, etc.) and replace actors with quality (Cheadle, Ruffalo). You don't think they can manage to bring in a talented director?

Oh, and the IM2 hate is ridiculous. It's arguably the best superhero movie thats isn't directed by Chris Nolan and ironically, Jon Favreau. Maybe the first two Spiderman movies, but that might be a stretch.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #57
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

^Deadline Hollywood has confirmed it.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #58
J.Howlett

Who's going to play Happy in Iron Man 3? Just a thought...

Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #59
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I knew it.

Quote:
Imagine if Favreau still plays Happy despite not being the director.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #60
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

No Iron Man 3. No Favs. No RDJ. No Gwenyth. No deal.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #61
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Oh, and the IM2 hate is ridiculous. It's arguably the best superhero movie thats isn't directed by Chris Nolan and ironically, Jon Favreau. Maybe the first two Spiderman movies, but that might be a stretch.
I don't know if anybody is saying they hate IM2, at least I'm not, but the fact of the matter is it wasn't nearly as good as the first, and a huge portion of that was Marvel's intrusion and insistence of the Avengers subplots, which took away from the main story and added all sorts of unnecessary threads into the film. The Thor stuff at the end was sufficient, everything with Nick Fury & Black Widow was just tacked on and needless, just as their "help" with Tony's condition was. The whole middle of IM2 was just bogged down, boring & unneeded, and it's just further prove that Marvel isn't handling things as well as we all thought they would

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #62
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

This came out of nowhere. I enjoy these films, and was looking forward to him returning for a third. Hopefully whoever they find will do a great job.

Oh man...

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #63
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Terrence Howard in white face.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #64
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...3.html?_r=true

Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #65
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I don't know if anybody is saying they hate IM2, at least I'm not, but the fact of the matter is it wasn't nearly as good as the first, and a huge portion of that was Marvel's intrusion and insistence of the Avengers subplots, which took away from the main story and added all sorts of unnecessary threads into the film. The Thor stuff at the end was sufficient, everything with Nick Fury & Black Widow was just tacked on and needless, just as their "help" with Tony's condition was. The whole middle of IM2 was just bogged down, boring & unneeded, and it's just further prove that Marvel isn't handling things as well as we all thought they would
These are the same criticisms parroted around here and I think they are ridiculous, no offense. The movie might not be as critically acclaimed as IM1, but it's hardly a noticeable difference in quality. The Avengers subplot is still being overblown on here. It was barely there and the scenes that it did involve didn't ruin anything in the plot. The NF/BW helping Tony scene criticism is also getting pretty old. This same thing happened in Batman Begins and few people had a problem with that. I suppose getting a cure-all from Morgan Freeman is somehow better than SLJ.

Also, why the blame for Marvel for these scenes? I am tired of everybody blaming Marvel for EVERYTHING. They have done a great job handling all these characters and this universe. If there is any blame to go around, it is to the directors and writers. Justin Theroux was brought on at the request of RDJ wasn't he?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #66
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
These are the same criticisms parroted around here and I think they are ridiculous, no offense. The movie might not be as critically acclaimed as IM1, but it's hardly a noticeable difference in quality. The Avengers subplot is still being overblown on here. It was barely there and the scenes that it did involve didn't ruin anything in the plot. The NF/BW helping Tony scene criticism is also getting pretty old. This same thing happened in Batman Begins and few people had a problem with that. I suppose getting a cure-all from Morgan Freeman is somehow better than SLJ.

Also, why the blame for Marvel for these scenes? I am tired of everybody blaming Marvel for EVERYTHING. They have done a great job handling all these characters and this universe. If there is any blame to go around, it is to the directors and writers. Justin Theroux was brought on at the request of RDJ wasn't he?
Well we can agree to disagree, but the whole middle of the film bogs down my experience to the point that I can't get through it. I can't comment on what everybody else is saying or what have you, but IMO, trying to compare that to Fox helping Wayne isn't even the same scenario.

The comedic moments mostly fell flat, the action was even more nonexistent than the first film, and the inclusion of Fury & Widow could have been easily done without, but hey that's just me. I will tell you one thing though, this Avengers movie better blow the socks off everything & everybody, or else all this other crap was for nothing

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #67
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Loved the first and still think the second gets too much hate, but Fav is still the guy for this franchise. Sucks.

I wonder what RDJ's reaction to this will be.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #68
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
Loved the first and still think the second gets too much hate, but Fav is still the guy for this franchise. Sucks.

I wonder what RDJ's reaction to this will be.
Hopefully not leaving.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #69
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Sorry to hear this news, I wonder if he will change his mind if C&A does not do well...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #70
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

oh and why no blame for Favreau here in terms of money?. $15 million plus 15% of the gross? Thats alot of money.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #71
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmaster3000 View Post
Hopefully not leaving.
He's got a contract for 4 movies (Iron Man - Iron Man II - The Avengers - Iron Man 3), so hopefully we don't have to worry about Robert.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #72
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Sorry to hear this news, I wonder if he will change his mind if C&A does not do well...
By that time, as I think, they'll already reveal the new director.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #73
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Well we can agree to disagree, but the whole middle of the film bogs down my experience to the point that I can't get through it. I can't comment on what everybody else is saying or what have you, but IMO, trying to compare that to Fox helping Wayne isn't even the same scenario.

The comedic moments mostly fell flat, the action was even more nonexistent than the first film, and the inclusion of Fury & Widow could have been easily done without, but hey that's just me. I will tell you one thing though, this Avengers movie better blow the socks off everything & everybody, or else all this other crap was for nothing
It was slow, no dobut, but hardly as bad as many make it out to be. The only scene that really was boring in that movie was the one with Stark/Pepper on the airplane. The slow parts of the movie might not have had action but they were funny, entertaining scenes in my opinion.

The Lucious Fox scene was exactly the same thing. Batman goes down and is rescued, cured by a magical forumla. No different than Stark getting cured. Then again, this was explained as a temporary solution and he did heal himself by discovering the new element.

I thought that this movie was hilarious, so I am not understanding the parts that fell flat. The action was limited in some ways (length of Whiplash/IM fight) but all in all, it was entertaining and well done. The IM/WM fight v drones was excellent in my opinion.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #74
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

It sounds like it was his choice, so I don't think Marvel was to blame. So none of the poll options work for me. It's definitely sad news though.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #75
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
It sounds like it was his choice, so I don't think Marvel was to blame.
But who influenced his choice? Clearly not Marvel, they are saints.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote