Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
They got divorced? When?
They separated today.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #103
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

This could be a blessing in disguise for all we know. If Favreau isn't 100% excited for this movie, it's time to move on. If he is more pumped for a Magic Kingdom themed kids movie over Iron Man, it's time to look for fresh talent. He did a great job and we should be happy for what he did with a fringe character. Just hope he doesn't turn into a diva like the guy who has the same last name sans the 'au'.

Favreau, however, didn't make this franchise great. Robert Downey Jr. did. As long as he stays, these movies will at least be entertaining. He truly is one of the best actors of our time and he is here for another two movies. I would be more saddened by this depature if it wasn't for how awesome Cap/Thor look and the fact that we are getting an Avengers movie before IM3 even hits the screen.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #104
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Yeah, poor Sexiest Man Alive being single again. How ever will he find someone else?
He probally scared her away by getting kinky in bed wearing the Barakapool outfit.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #105
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I don't feel all that bad for him, he got to roll around with Blake Lively as a consolation prize

On another note though, don't sleep on me son! lol, I do ok with the hoodrats
Yeah, Blake Lively is hot. Maybe hotter than Scarlett. Both happen to be wooden actresses. Therefore, the audiences got wood by watching her in Iron Man 2.

The hoodrats are fine in my opinion. Many of them are enjoyable people to be around.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #106
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From io9 Aug 6, 2010:
Did Marvel really snub Jon Favreau as director of The Avengers?
Quote:
Favreau's Iron Man remains one of the few truly great superhero movies, so it's sad to read Cinemablend's report, based on an inside source they say has proven reliable in the past. According to this source, Iron Man 2 wasn't the movie that Favreau wanted to make, and he felt it was rushed into production without a decent script. (With only two years between Iron Man and Iron Man 2, and Favreau having complained publicly about the haste in the past, this part sound plausible.)

Cinemablend's source also says Marvel interfered excessively with Favreau's work on the movie, and "turned the project into an infomercial for The Avengers." And Favreau is unlikely to be back for Iron Man 3, both because of this bad experience and because Marvel won't want to pay him what he wants to be paid a second time. The source also claims Robert Downey Jr. saw the same problems, and while he's already locked in for Iron Man 3 and he'll have star billing in The Avengers, he probably won't be back after that.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #107
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
This was garbage. Theroux and Favreau confirmed they shoot what they write.

From Jon Favreau's twitter (http://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau):

Quote:
It's true, I'm directing Magic Kingdom, not Iron Man 3. I've had a great run with Marvel and wish them the best.
No money problems or ideas problems...He will directed Magic Kingdom instead of Iron Man 3. Maybe the production of the two are at the same time.

Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #108
DCUmoviepage
Across The Multiverse

Bad move for Marvel Studios...But changes sometimes is a good thing, but the time show to us this kind of change is not good after all...

Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #109
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Favreau confirmed it also on his twitter account.

Edit, someone posted it above^

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #110
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Whether it was Marvel's fault or not, s**t is really hitting the fan for this Cinematic Universe for Marvel.

I hope they can find a great replacement, but it's gotta be one that can please RDJ and keep a tone similar to the first one. It's gonna be tough and the replacement will have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #111
hatebox
Side-Kick

Not too surprising, given the rumours around his treatment during IM2.

But this may not be a bad thing. The first 2 movies were ok but certainly left room for improvement.

hatebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #112
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Well that's a surprise. Then again if he's tired I don't want a SM3 on our hands. IM2 wasn't that far from it and was pretty blah. But this could lead to more Marvel Films homogenization. So, I do not know.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #113
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

i just don't think he has faith in the avengers and doesn't get it or where they are taking it.

"This whole world...I have no idea what it is. I don't think they do either, from conversations I've had with those guys."

Comic book movies have been grounded in a certain believable reality or distant future and have done quite well without mixing it up with other characters. Avengers will be the first of its kind as far as taking separate heroes who've had their own movies and then bringing them all together. I think he just needed to wait it out and see what happened with the avengers before saying that.

I'm not mad at him either...I think I do understand that this will have a major impact on the way he told his iron man story. If anything I think the avengers movie would inspire Favs because it opens up new doors and new possibility for villains. These things might seem outrageous to him now but once general audiences have seen thor and the avengers maybe they'd be ok with a villain as great as Mandarin.

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #114
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebox View Post
Not too surprising, given the rumours around his treatment during IM2.

But this may not be a bad thing. The first 2 movies were ok but certainly left room for improvement.
aww...poor Jon Favreau having to work hard, get paid millions of dollars, and include 2 minutes of Avengers talk.

What a joke. The Favreau defenders are almost as annoying as the Nolan zealots. What is it with the hero worship in this country where the individual can never be wrong?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #115
hatebox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
aww...poor Jon Favreau having to work hard, get paid millions of dollars, and include 2 minutes of Avengers talk.

What a joke. The Favreau defenders are almost as annoying as the Nolan zealots. What is it with the hero worship in this country where the individual can never be wrong?
Am I a "Favreau defender"? I thought the first 2 movies were rather mediocre. It's obvious things at Marvel are a bit of a mess though. They announced IM3 without a clue what to do with it if Favreau's to be believed.

hatebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #116
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post

What is it with people who think they can't admire people who get things right? I can understand Nolan, but I don't think anyone worshipped Favreau.

And to me, both of those of these directors earned the right to be defended because those two are pretty good directors.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #117
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebox View Post
Am I a "Favreau defender"? I thought the first 2 movies were rather mediocre. It's obvious things at Marvel are a bit of a mess though. They announced IM3 without a clue what to do with it if Favreau's to be believed.
Yes, most people are Favreau defenders. Or Norton defenders or Howard defenders. People continue to say that Marvel is cheap, yet their track record of hiring actors disputes that claim. There is alot of buzz for Thor, Cap, and Avengers. Hardly a mess or a bad situation. Iron Man 3 comes out in a few years, so I don't see why the plot has to be entirely fleshed out at this time.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #118
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Whether it was Marvel's fault or not, s**t is really hitting the fan for this Cinematic Universe for Marvel.

I hope they can find a great replacement, but it's gotta be one that can please RDJ and keep a tone similar to the first one. It's gonna be tough and the replacement will have some pretty big shoes to fill.
This.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #119
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
What is it with people who think they can't admire people who get things right? I can understand Nolan, but I don't think anyone worshipped Favreau.

And to me, both of those of these directors earned the right to be defended because those two are pretty good directors.
I think a lot of it has to do with that innate human need to feel like an individual, so inevitably, when anything gains popularity, you have a pocket of people who view themselves as being above the masses by having a negative opinion, even when there's no discernible reason for it. It's comparable to the Goth kids who use to wear black and hang out at the mall, not even noticing that they've inadvertently "left" a group just to join another.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #120
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I was hoping Jon would debunk this, but stemming from the scuttlebutt we heard concerning signing him for IM2 (and the rumors of studio meddling), I'm not really surprised. Still sucks though.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #121
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, hoping for the best...
Favreau did great with the first 2 movies (the sequel being an 'avengers commercial' talk has ALWAYS annoyed me, what do you expect out of a shared universe...?) and I'm happy with how those turned out, but it's never a bad thing to have some fresh blood come in and give it a new spin, as long as it's a good one. Which, as I said, I'm hoping will happen

Old 12-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #122
samsnee
Side-Kick

On the one hand: new director: X3
On the other hand: same director: Spider-man 3

It sounds like if Favreau stayed, it would have been like Spider-man 3 with lots of studio influences. So it's probably for the best.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #123
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
This.
And I just read that RDJ has director approval, so its gonna be that much harder to find a director, thought when they do get a director it shouldn't be much of a problem for him to get along with RDJ.

RDJ will come back (he's contracted to and he's probably the only one Marvel won't release).

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #124
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
SON OF A *****

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #125
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:

People are defending Favreau for no reason though. It's possible he just wanted to move on or Disney threw a pile of money at him to direct this silly Disneyland movie. You are assuming that it ended poorly or Marvel screwed him. He did a good job and Marvel gave him the resources to do well.

I am tired of everybody hating on Marvel and assuming the worst every time about every story. Making movies is a business and having a huge cast of talented actors/directors in unwieldy. This is something that has never really been attempted before and the experiment is going extremely well so far.