The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #101
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Speed Racer >>>>> Iron Man

Yawn. Any show in tvs history >>>>>>>>> overrated over exposed Lost.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #102
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Commie.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #103
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Any show in tvs history >>>>>>>>> overrated over exposed Lost.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #104
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

You're a commie too.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #105
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
You're a commie too.
Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half-Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #106
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half-Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lost
Rabies-infected commie SCUM!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #107
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Commies > Lost.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #108
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Not so.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #109
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Rabies-infected commie SCUM!!!
I love doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #110
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

*throws shoe at Parker Wayne*

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #111
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Speed Racer >>>>> Iron Man

Yeah, that makes sense.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #112
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
As a fan of Starship Troopers 1, Basic Instinct, Robocop and Total Recall, i say Paul Verhoeven.
I'd love to see him return to sci-fi.

Favreau was influenced by Robocop.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #113
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
The Matrix >>>>> Iron Man

fixed.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #114
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

I disagree with both.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #115
hatebox
Side-Kick

The Matrix was leagues ahead of Iron Man, but the Wachowski's recent work increasingly makes me wonder if that was a one off.

The notion of them tackling Iron Man would be interesting, but they're not the kind of directors Marvel would go for. They'll want someone safe and reliable whom they can impose their will on.

hatebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #116
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

lmao, Matrix was hardly leagues ahead of Iron Man. What just because they made bullet time and that camera trick famous? Because that was the only original thing that movie had going for it.

Keanu Reeves couldn't hold Robert Downey Jr's jock strap. The damn strawberry vendor in Iron Man 2 was a better actor and had better charisma than Keanu.

Matrix 2 was ass

Matrix 3 was completely unwatchable.

Iron Man will return
Old 12-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #117
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Ha! Iron Man better than The Matrix?

Iron Man had like two short action scenes and they pale in comparison to the many classic Matrix action scenes. Matrix +1

Iron Man dwells on war profiteering. The Matrix dwells on the fabric of reality and how society decieves people to keep them obedient slaves. Matrix +1

Iron Man has barely any memorable dialogue. The Matrix has dozens of great and meaningful dialogue. Matrix +1

Iron Man drags in scenes and is anti-climatic. The Matrix has perfect pacing and one of the best climaxes of recent memory. The Matrix +1

Iron Man was a hit but the Matrix was an international phenomena with a timeless subversive cyber-punk message. The Matrix +1

The Matrix = 5

Iron Man = 0

Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #118
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Ha! Iron Man better than The Matrix?

Iron Man had like two short action scenes and they pale in comparison to the many classic Matrix action scenes. Matrix +1

Iron Man dwells on war profiteering. The Matrix dwells on the fabric of reality and how society decieves people to keep them obedient slaves. Matrix +1

Iron Man has barely any memorable dialogue. The Matrix has dozens of great and meaningful dialogue. Matrix +1

Iron Man drags in scenes and is anti-climatic. The Matrix has perfect pacing and one of the best climaxes of recent memory. The Matrix +1

Iron Man was a hit but the Matrix was an international phenomena with a timeless subversive cyber-punk message. The Matrix +1

The Matrix = 5

Iron Man = 0
You could make a small argument that the first Matrix movie is better than the first Iron Man movie (I don't buy it) but overall, the Iron Man franchise is better than the Matrix franchise.

Iron Man 2 is tons better than Matrix 2 with their stupid rave and super Neo.

As far as Iron Man 3, Tony Stark sitting on his couch, watching tv, drinking a beer and scratching his crotch for two hours would be more watchable than seeing Matrix 3.

Like I said before Robert Downey Jr >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keanu "The Cardboard" Reeves

If this were a song, the Matrix would be a one hit wonder while the Iron Man movies would be a solid string of hits.

Iron Man will return
Old 12-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #119
hatebox
Side-Kick

I'm not interested in a Matrix vs Iron Man debate, but the former was so much more than the novelty of bullet time and, lousy sequels aside, pop culture has judged it accordingly. It's not as if Iron Man 2 was loved either.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #120
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

The Matrix was just a bunch of goth/emo/punk-types convincing themselves that they are just 'oh so cool'. Spare me.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #121
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

The Matrix honestly reminded me of the Sims games.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #122
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
The Matrix was just a bunch of goth/emo/punk-types convincing themselves that they are just 'oh so cool'. Spare me.
So you ignore the overall quality of the movie because you have issues with the fashion. Gotcha.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #123
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
So you ignore the overall quality of the movie because you have issues with the fashion. Gotcha.
Did I say fashion? It's the whole mentality of the movie.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #124
hatebox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Elaborate. Presumably you mean thematically, if it's not about the fashion.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #125
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Well it's just the whole emo/goth/punk/slacker/hacker/anti-establishment mindset of the film that takes the whole paranoid-ness of those groups and glorifies it as if they are the ultimate standards of what we the audience should like/care about and what we shouldn't. In other words, it's the 'we're so cool and all else isn't' mindset that has always bugged me. The Matix isn't the only film to tap into these subgroups desire for dark/edgey self-importance. The Crow, TDK and Dark City do the exact same thing and appeal to pretty much the same sensibilities. I, as someone who has never and WILL never have those same sensibilities,....don't like such fare.