The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 01-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #201
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
exactly...b-list people are either on their way up or down.

which is why Spielberg's name appears on Super 8
JJ Abrams is directing Super 8 and sell a film by himself. Spielberg's name is on their for extra marketing.

Spielberg's name is also on the trailer for Transformers 3 and Bay can definitely sell a film by himself. Does that make him B-list too?

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #202
roach
I am the night

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

when I mention can they market a movie on their name alone....not from the guy who brought you Star Trek or 300

The marketing for Inglourious Basterds was..."Imagine WW2 through the eyes of Quentin Tarantino" or something to that effect

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #203
iGiFF
Side-Kick

This is an odd choice, but what about Ruben Fleischer. He has not really done anything I think, but he did Zombieland and even Favreau did not have much beneth his belt coming into Iron Man. I think Fleischer could work.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #204
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Favs had 3 films under his belt by the time he did Iron Man. All of them were critically successful and one(Elf) was a box office hit making around $200M. I liked Zombieland but I'd still say let Fleisher wet his feet some more with some small diverse projects before getting up to the big time with a 150M+ budget Marvel movie.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #205
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
when I mention can they market a movie on their name alone....not from the guy who brought you Star Trek or 300

The marketing for Inglourious Basterds was..."Imagine WW2 through the eyes of Quentin Tarantino" or something to that effect
But J.J. Abrmas is usually represented like that. Wasn't his name used for Cloverfield Advertising and being used for Super 8?

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #206
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Yessir It was^

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote