Default Re: Transformers: Prime

This show bores the crap out of me.

I'm done.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #77
nogap87
Side-Kick

The only thing I find boring is the enemies they fight. The Eradicons look cool but they're just henchmen. They can't shoot and the shots that actually connected with Bulkhead didn't seem to do anything. The zombie cybertronians looked like they were super glued together. Ever since the movie it's become acceptable to make fugly looking Transformers.

Last edited by nogap87; 12-05-2010 at 01:07 PM.
nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #78
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

The enemies are not great, but Megatron is such a bastard in this.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #79
nogap87
Side-Kick

Megatron beating on Starscream and his one on one with Prime was a highlight of the miniseries.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #80
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
The only thing I find boring is the enemies they fight. The Eradicons look cool but they're just henchmen. They can't shoot and the shots that actually connected with Bulkhead didn't seem to do anything. The zombie cybertronians looked like they were super glued together. Ever since the movie it's become acceptable to make fugly looking Transformers.
Yeah, I hate the fact that 95% of the Decepticons are drones with their weapons clearly set on the lowest setting :

Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #81
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
The only thing I find boring is the enemies they fight. The Eradicons look cool but they're just henchmen.
I don't know how much better they'll be than the Eradicons, but there are apparently at least two more Decepticons on the way, Knockout and Breakdown, and Breakdown's already been in the prequel comic (Adam Baldwin will be voicing him on the show). In the comic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfwiki
Breakdown was on Earth when he received Starscream's signal. He found the air commander buried under rubble by a little Autobot, and promptly pummeled him. An even smaller blue Autobot shot at Breakdown, pleasing him because it meant he was going to kill two Autobots today. At Starscream's insistence, he got him out of the rubble and they began chasing and shooting at the Autobots, finally cornering them and overwhelming them with his missile launcher. As they lay dying, and Starscream was about to finish them, Optimus Prime got the jump on him, and shot Breakdown into the face of the mountainside, causing him to flee and fight another day.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1283824660.jpg

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #82
nogap87
Side-Kick

The more non-drone Decepticons the better.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #83
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Agreed. A small army of Starscream clones would have been acceptable though

Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #84
nogap87
Side-Kick

More seekers are always a good thing. Hopefully the series won't shy away from colorful Decepticons. There is only so much you can do with dark purple/blue/gray. I want some pimpin' jets.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #85
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

I'm not crazy about this. I'm not crazy on the designs this time around, don't like what they did with Soundwave, I really just can't find anything positive about this series right now. I'm not even thrilled with what they've given Cullen. And rehashing the same lines over and over is just getting boring.

Five episodes in now and nothing has really happened. This was a milked plot with potential that at the same time went on too long and then ended before anything interesting could happen.

powerbomb1411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #86
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

TRANSFORMERS: Prime - Behind the scenes
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #87
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

I like the show so far. Megatron and Starscream are evil SOBs. Kids weren't as annoying as I thought they would be, but Miko needs to turn it down a notch. And it really took balls for them to kill off such a recognizable character in the first episode. I'm on the fence about Soundwave. One the one hand, I don't really like his design, him not having a face or not talking, on the other hand, it really adds to his ominousness. I especially liked when he took the picture of the kids for some reason.

Things I don't really like:
Bumblebee not talking. I was cute in the first movie. Let's move on.
Cybertron being a dead world.
12 year old kids being expert computer hackers.
Drones.

My hopes:
I hope the series doesn't drag it's feet. I felt like TF: Animated did and I lost interest half way through the first season. I hope we get more Transformers and quickly, but not new character made for the show. I will get pretty boring watching the same 5 Autobots fighting the same 3 Decepticons and a bunch of drones every episode. And I hope the Zombie Transformers aren't a running theme though out the series. It was a nice idea for the mini-series, but I don't want this to become Transformers meets The Walking Dead.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #88
Marvin
Side-Kick

the chinese girl is racist
by fanboy logic anyhow.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #89
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

Don't like it at all

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
dodgers2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #90
nebulaone
New User - Level 0

Spoiler Re: Transformers: Prime

For all it's faults, I actually like the show and am overjoyed that both Peter Cullen and Frank Walker are back. I grew up on the old show and hearing their iconic voices again brings back lots of fond memories watching the old show as a kid. I'm only sorry that they killed off Cliff Jumper because I actually thought he was the coolest Autobot, next to Prime of course. The look of the show and animation are beautiful, light years ahead of Beast Wars/Beast Machines, which were also great shows.

Two things I DID NOT like at all:

Prime's mouth and Bumblebee sounding like R2D2. What the heck?? I don't understand the reason behind this. It was bad enough in the movies, and now they had to make the same mistakes here. And to make things even more stupid, for some magical reason Raph actually understands him. LOL Oookay.

All in all, I am looking forward to more episodes. I'm sure the show will improve and hope we get to see Unicron.

Last edited by nebulaone; 12-20-2010 at 09:33 PM.
nebulaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #91
B@tfan2289
Newbie First Class

I saw the first 5 episodes yesterday, E01-E05 Darkness Rising, and i really liked and enjoyed the story, humor, characters and the scenery are very good!

Hope there is more coming then this !

Bumblebee's "voice" is the only thing that annoys me. Please give him the same voice as it's original G1 counterpart or close by!

B@tfan2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #92
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Do us a favor after watching this, make these changes and you got a winner on your hands. otherwise it's starting to look like Bayformers animated!

KILL BUMBLEBEE and bring in HOTROD!

Leave Arcee she's the awesome one!

Don't make Miko get wet over her bot all the time, make her fall for the main guy.

Stop making Soundwave SOUND like a *****!

Make their base look a bit more Interesting other than a grey box room!

Actually make the guy who comes in and talks to the Autobots all the time look like he's some sort of government secret official other than some school janitor!

That's all for now!

The rest is ok, action is good for this day and age i guess, just need the classic sounding transformation a bit more.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #93
Crockett
With Teeth

I agree with most of them except the Bumblebee getting killed part, he's way too popular and important for that to happen and it's better to change it so he can talk instead.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #94
B@tfan2289
Newbie First Class

Make Bumbleebee like in the game : War of Cybetron...stay clear of that movie crap design.

B@tfan2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #95
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

I've waited a while to watch this but i finally got around to it and whle I haven't finished its better than I expected so far. I'm not crazy about some of the designs (Soundwave, Starscream) but love others (Ratchet, Cliffjumper). I wish Bumblebee had more classic G1 influences in the design (at least the head) and less movie. Ratchet looks to be a perfect blend of G1, Animated, and movie elements.

I was a big fan of Animated even though I had some initial reservations so I'll give TF: Prime a chance. They got Cullen and Welker back afterall so at least theres that.

Metallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #96
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Spoilers from season premiere, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
-New Decepticon introduced, SKYWQUICK.

-Megatron survived the battle from the miniseries. Starscream finds his body and pulls out the dark energon shard in Megatron's chest in an attempt to kill Megatron. A flying drone sent by Soundwave finds Starscream and Megatron and Starscream seeing his exposure to kill Megs is at risk says he's saved Megatron and will bring him back to the Autobot base for repairs.

-Bumblebee and Optimus Prime battle with Skyquick in a canyon. Agent Fowler investigates the battle in a fighter jet. Skyquick scans the jet and gets a fighter jet vehicle mode. Bumblebee wrecklessly jumps on Skyquick during the battle and rips out his engines and Skyquick crashes. Bumblebee jumps on Fowler before he hits the ground.

-Skyquick appears to be scrapped and is in pieces on the ground. Not sure if he is dead or not.

-Megatron is brought back to the Decepticon base and is being repaired.

-In the episode, Optimus mourns Megatron's apparent death since they had a history and were once comrades.

-Starscream tries to lead the Decepticons, but the Drones doubt his leadership.

Also season 2 is confirmed. Staff is working on Season 2 which will be 26 episodes. This is in addition to 26 episodes for season 1.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #97
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Nice. I hope we see more classic decepticons. I'd love to see their version of Shockwave.

Metallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #98
Hazelnut624
Side-Kick

just stumbled upon this show while looking through the channels. The season premier was on and I actually enjoyed it ALOT. I wish soundwave would be more.. i dont know, awesome? I feel like he's just a drone that looks slightly different.

what's the miniseries? and where can i watch it?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #99
Superhero 101
DESI

This show is the best thing since Beast Wars!!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #100
Spade
Stardust Crusader

Last episode was the right mix of danger and character beats. The video game part made me wince, but everything else was gravy. A lot of fans are sleeping on this animation.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote