The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #26
DCUmoviepage
Across The Multiverse

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

I askinh that because Darren can but flashback scenes of Logan receive the adamantiun in a style more closely to show on first X-men movie, or the same scenes anyway, made that a link with the x-trilogy.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #27
Wolverine12
New User - Level 0

I think Darren's take on Weapon X would've been amazing. That being said I still think he's gonna knock it out of the park with this one.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #28
narrows101
Side-Kick

Liev Schreiber confirms he's not in this movie.

Quote:
PC: So am I. Since you have been involved in a bunch of properties that have upcoming sequels in production, please let me ask: are going to be in Darren Aronofsky's WOLVERINE sequel?

LS: No, I'm not in WOLVERINE.
http://broadwayworld.com/article/BWW...20110117_page2

Old 01-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #29
Crockett
With Teeth

Eh, he wasn't in the comic book to begin with right?
But I'll have to say that Schreiber did a good performance as Sabretooth, it's just a shame that the movie was a mess though.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #30
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Eh, he wasn't in the comic book to begin with right?
But I'll have to say that Schreiber did a good performance as Sabretooth, it's just a shame that the movie was a mess though.
yeah, there's no place for Sabertooth in this movie. Its gotta stay just Wolverine and Wolverine alone (like Slade mentioned when praising the script).

The last film woulda worked if they had just kept it at Jackman and Schreiber alone but they added all those other characters that made it anything but a Wolverine film. Had it been just about the falling out of these two brothers and ended with the pair losing their memory it woulda made for a perfect setup to their vicious relationship in the comics. But they closed the film with them pretty much patching things up so it all went to waste...

Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #31
Crockett
With Teeth

The falling out between Logan and Victor was one of the factor I was looking forward to when they announced the movie, it's a shame that the movie was a mess because it did have potential. Oh and welcome to the Hype.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #32
Crockett
With Teeth

Edit

Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #33
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
The falling out between Logan and Victor was one of the factor I was looking forward to when they announced the movie, it's a shame that the movie was a mess because it did have potential. Oh and welcome to the Hype.
thanks! and yeah, it had tons of potential. The first 20 minutes of the film shoulda been the entire film. The second act needed polishing and that third act just killed me. Once I looked at my watch and noticed that the falling out took place not even half an hour into the film, I knew we were in for a bumpy ride

Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #34
narrows101
Side-Kick

Hugh Jackman interview:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...a-great-movie/

Hugh Jackman to Wolverine fans: ĎThe planets are finally aligned to make a great movieí

Feb. 01, 2011 | 6:38 a.m.
Hugh Jackman got on the phone Monday to talk to our Geoff Boucher about his upcoming projects. Hereís what he had to say about his return to the metal-clawed mutant persona that has been the signature role of his Hollywood career.

Geoff Boucher: I remember coming by your office back in the summer of 2009, and you were already talking about your hopes of making a movie out of Marvelís 1982 ĒWolverineĒ miniseries, the classic by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. And now youíre doing just that ó and with director Darren Aronofsky, of all people. You must be thrilled.

Hugh Jackman: Iím really, really pumped about it. I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie. We finally have the character and with this mythology ó ever since [the 2000 Bryan Singer film] ďX-Men,Ē when I was kind of hanging around and reading all these comics, because I was cast before I ever read any X-Men comics, so I was trying to get my hands on everything. I remember saying to [producer] Lauren Shuler Donner, ďLauren, I donít know about you, but Iíve seen this Japanese story, and I think itís so good. Itís just genius, itís brilliant.Ē And we kind of always talked about it from there on. I sort of even wanted to do that in the third X-Men movie at first, but we thought, no, we really need to establish who he is at first, and we did that [with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"], and now this is sort of the cherry on top, to finally do it and have Darren Aronofsky direct it. I love his gung-ho attitude toward it and great vision. Straight off, itís not a sequel, itís a stand-alone, and I think weíre going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch.

GB: Well, it better be, right? I mean with that reveredsource material and the director of ďBlack SwanĒ and ďThe WrestlerĒ ó not to mention a script by Christopher McQuarrie, who wrote ďThe Usual SuspectsĒ Ė the expectations are going to be pretty high for this one

HJ: Right, absolutely, and Chris McQuarrie has done a script that is just phenomenal. I read a story once that said that he wrote ďThe Usual SuspectsĒ in 15 days, and with this one he said to me, ďI just knew what I wanted, and it came out real easy.Ē And heís done an unbelievable job with it, and with Darren itís just really exciting. Iím as excited as anybody to see what we come up with. I know weíre going to be met with huge expectations. The expectations will be high, but heís one of the great filmmakers out there. I worked with him before [on "The Fountain"], and I knew as soon as I met him that he should be doing movies like this. Heís been looking a long time, and Iíve asked him to do other ones, and this time it worked out. Iím beyond thrilled.

GB: Are you going to have to go back to that intense diet, eating whole chickens so you can get that muscle mass back up?

HJ: Iím on it right now, mate, already doing it. Itís 6,000 calories a day, itís rough.

GB: How much you weighing?

HJ: Right now, Iím at 210.

GB: Wow, so youíre going to be bigger this time? Last time, you looked about, what, 190?

HJ: Yeah, right, I was 190, something like that. I donít know how much I want to give away about it, but Darren said with the last one, ĎHey you looked great, but youíre so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and thatís not Wolverine.Ē He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, heís short and thick. So he said, ĎI want you to go there, get bigger.í Heís going to come down after he gets done with all the black-tie events over and done with.

GB: Thatís interesting because in comics, sure, Wolverine is quite short and almost hunched over at times, a sort of feral posture, and heís bulky up high Ė heís like the nasty bulldog of superheroes.

HJ: Yeah, heís thick and itís chunky and itís powerful. I always think of

Mike Tyson when he first came on the scene. Sometimes, he was a full foot shorter than his opponents and bent over [with this] massive build. Thereís real power. You said bulldog, and thatís it exactly. Exactly. Thatís what Iím going for, and if I have a massive heart attack first, well, you tell everyone what I was going for.

GB: Well, if you die thatís not really an issue, they can just use CG these days.

HJ: Thatís right, just take the four movies and the Oscars hosting and mix them together and they should have enough.

Ė Geoff Boucher

Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #35
Nightwing 52
Things change

Hmm...So it's Darren who asked Hugh to get bigger. I always assumed it was Hugh himself who wanted to go that route. Any recent pics of him around?

I really think we're going to get a great film.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #36
JP
Smelly

I'm optimistic because of the creative team. However, Jackman spews the same crap with each film, so his excitement does nothing for me.

Last edited by JP; 02-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #37
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
Hmm...So it's Darren who asked Hugh to get bigger. I always assumed it was Hugh himself who wanted to go that route. Any recent pics of him around?

I really think we're going to get a great film.
There are a lot of recent photos of Hugh but unfortunately, he's all bundled up against the snow and weather. Here are a few of him without coat coming/going to the gym.

http://www.infdaily.com/2011/01/hugh...medium=twitter

http://www.people.com/people/gallery...460953,00.html

Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #38
J.Howlett

Darren will deliver. Bet on it. Why do I get the feeling that this film will take place after X3?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #39
Crockett
With Teeth

Well it's a stand alone from Origins but I'm sure it's still a prequel to the X-Men movies.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
EliteF50
Side-Kick

I'm so excited for this movie. It's about time we get a truly amazing Wolverine film.

Even though I thought Origins was pretty fun, they messed up quite a bit.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #41
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Hopefully we can get rid of that annoying jacket he wears all the time. Give him a new one.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #42
JP
Smelly

I love that jacket.. and belt.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #43
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Ugh it's just like, c'mon can't you wear somethin else for a change? Like the one he's seen wearing in the comics with the fluff around the neck.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #44
Crockett
With Teeth

What Logan wears won't bother me that much but yeah it would be nice if he wears something different occasionally besides the usual wife beater, jeans and jacket.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #45
Superhero 101
DESI

I would hope we get to see him in some type of costume by the finale of the film like Jackman in the Brown Costume or maybe even a Black X-force Costume

Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #46
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
HJ: Yeah, heís thick and itís chunky and itís powerful. I always think of
Mike Tyson when he first came on the scene. Sometimes, he was a full foot shorter than his opponents and bent over [with this] massive build. Thereís real power. You said bulldog, and thatís it exactly. Exactly. Thatís what Iím going for, and if I have a massive heart attack first, well, you tell everyone what I was going for.

GB: Well, if you die thatís not really an issue, they can just use CG these days.

HJ: Thatís right, just take the four movies and the Oscars hosting and mix them together and they should have enough.

Ė Geoff Boucher
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #47
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
HJ: Yeah, right, I was 190, something like that. I donít know how much I want to give away about it, but Darren said with the last one, ĎHey you looked great, but youíre so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and thatís not Wolverine.Ē He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, heís short and thick. So he said, ĎI want you to go there, get bigger.í Heís going to come down after he gets done with all the black-tie events over and done with.
Damn.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #48
Karelia
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
I would hope we get to see him in some type of costume by the finale of the film like Jackman in the Brown Costume or maybe even a Black X-force Costume
Since this is a stand alone film... I really, REALLY hope so. They can make it work. It'd be so awesome to see him wear some form of his costume on screen, Darren can make it work.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #49
Visceral
Side-Kick

is there a release date yet?

ďI need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.Ē
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #50
Superhero 101
DESI

No just 2012 i am guessing May