The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: My personal wish list

i wanna see Superman sucker punch someone 300 times while watching men during the dawn of the dead

Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I want Superman/Clark to have more dialogue... lol and for him to go to real blows with someone. A Darkside fight for example. It doesn't have to be Darkside but i want that type of intensity. I want creative reasons for him to use his powers (all of them). I want him to explain the reason his wears his suit... What it means to him. (maybe then people will quit given the character crap about it) I want that "I wish I was him" feeling back...

I want the collectibles to be done by DC Direct or talented creative companies and only them. I DON'T WANT sissy Matel's Barbie mass producing-no detail-just get it out quick ass to touch this Movie.

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #28
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i wanna see Superman sucker punch someone 300 times while watching men during the dawn of the dead
You couldn't work an owl reference in?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
while also bird watching

Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
i didn't want to put in the effort. i tried putting Legends of the Guardians in there somewhere but it sounded so cheesy you would've thought it was the movie "Willard"

Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
My wants:
A top notch cast.
A confident Clark.
A faithful suit, that even if updated, folks will say, ''thats superman baby''.
A Lex-corp Lex thats a real SOB...
Star labs.
Younger Kents
A good score.
A non Kryptonian villain, unless its Brainiac.
A superfight that puts spidey 2 and the matrix to shame.
city wide damage from the fight between supes and the villain, take it to the surrounding country side as well.
All his powers at maximum, especially heat vision.

Non-wants:
Camp. Humor yes, Camp no.
another bad suit.
superkids (duh)
Non Lex-corp Lex who likes real estate.
Zod.
Waiting an hour before we see Clark in the suit.
CG close ups of supes flying.
nerdy clark.
Clark struggling with a decision to be superman or not for the whole film.
Kryptonite used against superman.
I agree with all of these, even if some are just re-phrasings of my own.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #32
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I'll co-sign on those too. All of them

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #33
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
I wouldn't mind a origin story...just not a long, drawn out story. It's a REBOOT...you can't jump right in to Lois and Superman having a relationship. Kids who have never seen a Superman Movie would be missing out. Especially on a new retelling of his origin unlike the one told in the original. So I honestly don't agree with one thing in your wish list Chris, sorry man it's just not a very good list
Who hasn't seen a Superman movie? They've been around for decades. Pick up a DVD or turn to AMC on just about any given weekend, it's there. Add to this you got Smallville, the animated series, Superboy, Lois & Clark-the gaps have been filled in. We all know what happened. His planet blew up, his father sent him here bc he knew the planet was going to blow up and nobody believed him, he was found by farmers and grew up to be a superhero. What's the big mystery? It's been told millions of times. His is probably the most widely known origin of any superhero ever and I defy you to find anybody who doesn't know it. I can see how someone could have gotten from 1969-1989 without knowing how & why Bruce Wayne became Batman. And I can see how the average non-comic reader would have no clue how Peter Parker became Spider-Man prior to 2002. But nobody and I mean nobody is clueless on how Superman came to be. And we sure as hell don't need to relive it now. I guess I'm mainly trying to say I don't want a remake of the 1978 movie. A quick little recap is fine but even that is truly unnecessary. As for the established relationship with Lois-if you only know movies & TV then you've quite possibly been waiting to see them hook up since forever. Why drag it out with all the cliche's we've seen 1,000 times in other movies as well as in Superman flicks? Which brings me to another point-you don't agree with ANYTHING I said? So you want dated references to a 30-year-old movie? You want the kid to come back? YOu want this mighty superhero's nemesis to be a ROCK?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #34
GreenKToo
In the fire

Every since SR I have known what I wanted, and didn't want, in a sequel or reboot. That hasn't changed one iota.
I may ocassionally add something, but I never take away from it.

And oh, one I forgot, don't shy away from clark/superman's American roots. I'd rather hear nothing about it instead of another ''truth, justice, all that stuff....'' line.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #35
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Ironic since he's not being played by an American actor.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #36
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Ironic since he's not being played by an American actor.
I know, but it is acting, and he will be acting like he was raised in smallville, kansas USA .
But seriously, if they are hesitant about it, i'd rather they do nothing at all than a half hearted attempt that coud backfire and offend folks on both sides..

Old 02-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #37
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Funny. I told my kid that I could think of 300 reasons to trust Snyder's judgment, given the men he's watched.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
Astrodust
Side-Kick

I think this film is a coming of age story taking place after Smallville. This is Superman for a new generation of people. I can't believe that some of you want to skip over parts like Superman meeting Lois for the first time, saving her, or even Clark's first reveal as Superman. These are the edge of your seat moments that you'll never get back. Ya skipping past Superman's first flight is totally engaging.

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #39
Astrodust
Side-Kick

double post

Last edited by Astrodust; 02-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #40
Astrodust
Side-Kick

triple post.

Last edited by Astrodust; 02-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #41
sf2
Side-Kick

i would like to see superman doing multiple tasks in one time; like fighting the villain, saving people from danger and putting off fire all together. unlike SR, everything happen in a proper order.

and i would like to see superman controlling his power that we can see him power up and down his power.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #42
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Things I DON'T want:
An origin story. We don't need to see Krypton explode ever again.
ANY references whatsoever to the Donner films. NO Brando voice-overs, no Williams score, no 70's atmosphere, nothing.
Ditto on Returns. Let's forget we ever saw that kid or watched Supes go to the ER after lifting 800 million tons of kryptonite into space.
Kryptonite. We've seen it thousands of times. We know what it is, what it does. Let's find something else that can pose a threat to Supes, shall we?
A nerdy Clark Kent. There are other ways to distance him from Superman.
Agree with the first one in terms of the drawn out origin story, I think they should start it like birthright and I think it would be great to do flashbacks ala begins to his childhood and discovering his powers. Superman has a great origin but it doesnt need to start from krypton, I think it would be great if they revealed that slowly throughout the movie as more of a mystery.

Definitely agree on the nerdy clark too, I can't stand the buffon clark from STM, I rather he just blend in and be invisible in that people think he's boring.

One thing I think would be great if people did want to see the krypton origin is if they do an animated tie-in movie, I think that would be a great idea to frame the krypton stuff as something extra for the fans. Really the movie is about clark, unless there is a villain from krypton that needs explaining we dont need to know much about a planet that blew up.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #43
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Who hasn't seen a Superman movie? They've been around for decades. Pick up a DVD or turn to AMC on just about any given weekend, it's there. Add to this you got Smallville, the animated series, Superboy, Lois & Clark-the gaps have been filled in. We all know what happened. His planet blew up, his father sent him here bc he knew the planet was going to blow up and nobody believed him, he was found by farmers and grew up to be a superhero. What's the big mystery? It's been told millions of times. His is probably the most widely known origin of any superhero ever and I defy you to find anybody who doesn't know it. I can see how someone could have gotten from 1969-1989 without knowing how & why Bruce Wayne became Batman. And I can see how the average non-comic reader would have no clue how Peter Parker became Spider-Man prior to 2002. But nobody and I mean nobody is clueless on how Superman came to be. And we sure as hell don't need to relive it now. I guess I'm mainly trying to say I don't want a remake of the 1978 movie. A quick little recap is fine but even that is truly unnecessary. As for the established relationship with Lois-if you only know movies & TV then you've quite possibly been waiting to see them hook up since forever. Why drag it out with all the cliche's we've seen 1,000 times in other movies as well as in Superman flicks? Which brings me to another point-you don't agree with ANYTHING I said? So you want dated references to a 30-year-old movie? You want the kid to come back? YOu want this mighty superhero's nemesis to be a ROCK?
Ok, so in case you missed Snyder said this will be an ORIGINAL origin story...meaning something we haven't seen before. SO deal with it. And what's the big deal with Superman HAVING to be portrayed by an American? Have any of you realized that hardly any of the American iconic superheros are being played by Americans? Green Lantern, Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine...none of those guys are being played by Americans and yet you have a fit when Superman isn't played by one. He's not even American himself...he's a WORLD icon. And if you want an established Lois and Superman relationship, take your own advice and go watch Lois and Clark. I for one am looking forward to a origin story that hasn't been seen, or possibly even told in the comics.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #44
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

10 minutes of Krypton origin (this is how long it took for the intro into the Star Trek movie)
----------------10 minute mark
30 minutes chronicling Clark's journalism in Africa with 5 minutes of interlaced flashbacks of his childhood in Smallville
5 minutes back in Smallville with his parents making the decision to goto Metropolis and become Superman
----------------50 minute mark
10 minutes setting up Metropolis, Daily Planet and rest of main cast
5 minutes setting up major threat
5 minutes of Superman revelation and montage of heroic acts
15 minutes of Clark and Lois reporting and drama interlaced with occasional heroic act
----------------1 hour, 25 minute mark
10 minutes of major threat revelation with Superman's initial reaction
5 minutes of Clark retreating and rethinking game plan
15 minutes of climactic battle
5 minutes of resolution and outro

Total time, 2 hours...not including beginning and ending credits

Last edited by DorkyFresh; 02-04-2011 at 10:50 PM.
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #45
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
10 minutes of Krypton origin (this is how long it took for the intro into the Star Trek movie)
30 minutes chronicling Clark's journalism in Africa with 5 minutes of interlaced flashbacks of his childhood in Smallville
5 minutes back in Smallville with his parents making the decision to goto Metropolis and become Superman
15 minutes of Clark and Lois reporting and drama interlaced with occasional heroic act

Sounds pretty good

Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #46
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Quote:
Originally Posted by KON - EL View Post
I personally wouldn't mind if brainiac wasn't a villan for the first film. Im hoping they go for Metallo , who was built by Lex Luthor , but at the same time Keep Metallo's origin a mystery , maybe we don't find out that Lex was responsible until the end of the movie , or we don't even see Lex at all until then end of the movie . Also , because of Clark's reporting skills. We find that Lexcorp had something to do with the terrorists in africa , nothing to major , maybe they supplied them weaponry , which they also did for Intergang , which is one the reason why Superman made his destination Metropolis.

Im thinking Synder and co. should save Brainiac for a sequel, and tell Kal-el about his origins , besides the basics of course, and even name the sequel the Last son of Krypton , since he's basically finding out more about his heritage, right guys ............. *Bites nails*
Actually I wouldn't mind Metallo being in the first film with Lex in the shadows. With the terrorists in Africa plot John Corben could be among those terrorists eventually getting hurt as a result of Clark's possible actions. But I'm sure Snyder/Nolan/Goyer have something better for us come next year.

But agreed about the Kryptonite thing has been done to death!!!! But with Metallo being thought about at least there would be a practical use for it compared to *cough* that island!!! *cough*

Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #47
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

I reckon the film we be abit longer than 2 hours maybe 2 hours 20. 5 mins in Smallville seems to short to me

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #48
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
Actually I wouldn't mind Metallo being in the first film with Lex in the shadows. With the terrorists in Africa plot John Corben could be among those terrorists eventually getting hurt as a result of Clark's possible actions. But I'm sure Snyder/Nolan/Goyer have something better for us come next year.

But agreed about the Kryptonite thing has been done to death!!!! But with Metallo being thought about at least there would be a practical use for it compared to *cough* that island!!! *cough*
i can go with Metallo only if he is a secondary villain. he is just too 'small' for superman to fight with. he is just practically a robot only??? i don't wanna see superman having hard time even fighting a cybor.

and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KRYPTONITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

metallo can use atomic power / nuclear power / whatever source. BUT NO KYRPTONITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! i have had enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #49
cwere

NO KRYPTONITE imo, period!

Anything else I can live with!

cwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #50
GreenKToo
In the fire

no Zod and company...( cries at the Ursa rumor )