The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #101
JP060692
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Nicholas Hoult/Beast Thread

In the image of most of the film's characters- I believe that it is the very first image of the film to be released- that shows them lined up and on a black background, Beast's depiction struck me as odd for two reasons: 1. Why is he in the center of the image? Wouldn't it be much more appropriate to have Xavier in this position? 2. Why is he blending into the shadows? This is Nightcrawler's ability, not his. On a related note, I'd like to address the closeup of Beast in an above post. In my opinion, he appears much too delicate, soft, and even somewhat effeminate. While I don't deny that it would be appropriate to portray him as being handsome, his facial features, in my opinion, should be stronger, more solid, and maybe even a little rugged-looking.

Comments?

JP060692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #102
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP060692 View Post
In the image of most of the film's characters- I believe that it is the very first image of the film to be released- that shows them lined up and on a black background, Beast's depiction struck me as odd for two reasons: 1. Why is he in the center of the image? Wouldn't it be much more appropriate to have Xavier in this position? 2. Why is he blending into the shadows? This is Nightcrawler's ability, not his. On a related note, I'd like to address the closeup of Beast in an above post. In my opinion, he appears much too delicate, soft, and even somewhat effeminate. While I don't deny that it would be appropriate to portray him as being handsome, his facial features, in my opinion, should be stronger, more solid, and maybe even a little rugged-looking.

Comments?
Because it was a ****** photoshop

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 AM   #103
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP060692 View Post

Comments?
Never mind all that overthinking and grasping for explanations. It was a Photoshop image added in to a Photoshop line-up, rather than being an actual image of Beast. That's why they buried it at the back, to try to hide the fact it wasn't real...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #104
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Sooo Beast looks goddamn perfect. Two Thumbs up!!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #105
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

That shot of him as he mutates into the blue version...if that's makeup, it's some good ass makeup, because I thought they went ahead with a CG Beast.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #106
Venomfan
Side-Kick

they went with cat beast

Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #107
JP
Flame On

Not really. Cat Beast has giant feline ears, and a face entirely made of fur, with a black cat nose. . .

However, Beast has had that look for what? Over a decade now in the comics. It's far superior, in my opinion.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #108
Boom
I got nothin'

I like the look of Beast overall, but something weird is going on with his mouth in that screencap.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #109
JP
Flame On

Yeah, I've been looking at the screen grab trying to figure it out. But, its such a split second shot.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #110
Boom
I got nothin'

It's alluding me as well.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #111
JP
Flame On

I've also been looking at Kelsey/Beast and it's clear to me that I much prefer this iteration.

I thought Kelsey effortlessly embodied the spirit of Beast, but the make up left a lot to be desired. His face was unchanged, just painted blue. So he still had very human/un-beastly eyes, nose, and mouth. Then there was his hair, which was SO blue it looked unnatural. It didn't help that his hair also didn't move. Hanging upside down, his hair was in place. Flying around fighting, his hair was stiff and motionless.

With this Beast, the colors are toned down, and the gray accents the blue perfectly. It makes it look more natural, as if a real blue animal would look this way. He also has BEAST-like facial feature. His nose, eyes, and mouth are all inhuman. It's almost hard to believe Hoult is under there. But, my favorite part is the fact that this time his hair actually moves! It was a quick shot, but just turning his head made his hair flow naturally.

A+

Old 02-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #112
Boom
I got nothin'

The thing that always annoyed the hell out of me with the X3 Beast was how the "mutton chops" looked so blatantly glued on.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #113
JP
Flame On

Yeah, I hated how there was a clear definition where his skin ended and his hair began.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 AM   #114
Boom
I got nothin'

God, X3 was such a hot mess.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #115
huzzah
Side-Kick

So I take it Kelsey Grammer's 'Beast' is NOW out of continuity too, LOL. Kelsey you are the best but if they ever ask to do another film just say "No!".

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #116
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Meh I still love Grammars Beast. It reminds me so much of the X-Men cartoon series version.

Although I think Hoults Beast is one ****ing awesome looking Beast as well. To be honest I love both the very human face version and the kitty cat one too.

Maybe their explanation for Beast will be that although he still remains full of blue fur overtime, his features start balancing out thus having the human like faced Beast in X3.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #117
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I've also been looking at Kelsey/Beast and it's clear to me that I much prefer this iteration.

I thought Kelsey effortlessly embodied the spirit of Beast, but the make up left a lot to be desired. His face was unchanged, just painted blue. So he still had very human/un-beastly eyes, nose, and mouth. Then there was his hair, which was SO blue it looked unnatural. It didn't help that his hair also didn't move. Hanging upside down, his hair was in place. Flying around fighting, his hair was stiff and motionless.

With this Beast, the colors are toned down, and the gray accents the blue perfectly. It makes it look more natural, as if a real blue animal would look this way. He also has BEAST-like facial feature. His nose, eyes, and mouth are all inhuman. It's almost hard to believe Hoult is under there. But, my favorite part is the fact that this time his hair actually moves! It was a quick shot, but just turning his head made his hair flow naturally.

A+
I agree. From what I've seen thus far, Beast's makeup has improved greatly. The attention to detail is much, much better.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #118
Bren
Forevernoob

Hell, have it that he turns into catbeast here - Then through continuous study, developes another serum that 'cures' him (a specific, not 'general' cure). Then have a relapse to X3.

Not that I care for X3 continuity, but I loved Kelsey as Beast.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #119
The Guard
Side-Kick

I think it's interesting that he's a paler blue here.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #120
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

I liked Kelsey's Beast and from what I've seen I'm gonna love Hoults Beast. It's a good time to be a Beast fan!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #121
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

I like this version of Beast SO much more. Nick looks great.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #122
Angamb
Banned User

Interesting in Nicolas performance and Beast plot.

I hope the whole transformation is well developted and they show the emotional side of his mutation.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #123
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Interesting in Nicolas performance and Beast plot.

I hope the whole transformation is well developted and they show the emotional side of his mutation.
Agreed. That's something I'm really looking forward to seeing

Old 02-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #124
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Is there any evidence of Beast having larger hands and feet prior to his transformation? Or is he just human looking? If so, what were his mutant powers pre-transformation?? Could the experiments done by Hank McCoy be what helps Magneto create his mutation machine?

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #125
psyonic
X-Man

Did everybody miss the shot of Hank holding a syringe and looking at it in a contemplative fashion? I think it will be emotional and a struggle for him.

I can't wait for a full trailer!

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote