The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #976
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,406
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

@ Optimus Prime

You and I see eye to eye on everything Transformers. Shame you're a New England fan.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #977
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
wrong..you are assuming..i never wisely left anything out because again your over thinking what i'm saying...i'm not in court; you and i arent lawyers..i'm not gonna sit here and give every example out of the book...like i tried to get across to you...somethings are pretty simple and dont need any exact details....again never wisely left anything out because i didnt need to bring in every comic book movie..i typed enough as is..
good call either way.

Quote:
and that video is no where near the same time of tasteless humor of the TF movie..come on man..you are trying way too hard
1.That video serves to debunk your point if you can remember what it was.
2.That video is a fraction of the film.

Quote:
huh?? My point is not flawed..what are you talking about..you are making no sense..you ask for a example that mention robot balls and gave you one..what is flawed with that???
well considering my quote was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin...
I in fact never saw a pair of balls in the transformers movies.
I can look outside my office at the construction site this very moment and see about six more pairs of wrecking balls..should I be offended?
(that's the difference between silly and tastless btw)
I think I as asking for the oh so offensive shot of balls on the screen that has us all up in arms. You of course referenced that the character said the word "Scrotum" whilst standing under a pair or wrecking balls and thus proved my point.

Cleavage on a gorilla is more offensive that what was presented in that scenario...but that's just semantics I guess.

I'd even give you people balls on optimus.

Quote:
and yeah i never called your views disgusting..i said the rate or approach of how you are going about defending Bay is disgusting....
considering the volume at which I've seen your name on the last two pages(without my provocation I may add) I can only assume you don't mean the rate at which I go about doing what I do but rather the purpose...
sigh.

I don't like the films all that much or the man, but the hyperbolic propaganda irks me. I see it everywhere, and when I ask people about it they mostly show me that they are following the trends.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #978
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38111


Mr. Beaks Rolls Out An Interview With Optimus Prime Himself, Peter Cullen!

Beaks: The fans played a huge part in getting you in the film. Are you still sensing an appreciation from them now that the film has been made?[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]



Peter Cullen: Oh, absolutely! To tell you the truth, Jeremy, I was knocked out by it. It gave me a whole new perspective on the work that we all did. I tried to let that fan base know that I was extremely grateful for their lobbying efforts, and that I didn't want to disappoint them or have them be disappointed in any way.

this chime may be coming late but this hardly proves the argument that bay didn't want cullen or does it prove that the actor was forced upon him.

it merely enforces the notion that there was both fan outcry and support for the actor in question.

If you to place Christian Bale and or Henry Cavil in this interview it could play out the very same way. Both Bale and Cavil had fan outcries and lobbying. And both Nolan and Snyder tested other actors(good directors do). That doesn't mean these directors had these actors forced upon them.

and it doesn't mean both directors have it out for the fans as seems to be the implication of this your thoughts pertaining to this article.

but for some reason this article proves bay does/did?

like I said, it irks me.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #979
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
this chime may be coming late but this hardly proves the argument that bay didn't want cullen or does it prove that the actor was forced upon him.
Well I have to admit, I may have used the wrong words when I said that.

Bay did have final say, and obviously, made the final decision to use Cullen.

But, he originally had no intent to audition Cullen, and it was the fan base and Hasbro that convinced Bay to give Cullen an audition.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #980
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Well I have to admit, I may have used the wrong words when I said that.

Bay did have final say, and obviously, made the final decision to use Cullen.

But, he originally had no intent to audition Cullen, and it was the fan base and Hasbro that convinced Bay to give Cullen an audition.
makes sense

again I'm from the beast wars generation and I honestly wouldn't have any qualms with the optimus primal voice actor in the role it would lose a step or two in some areas but it would also gain a few.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 AM   #981
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,699
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Peter Cullen is the only Optimus Prime. The rest are just imposters.


Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #982
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,406
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Peter Cullen is the only Optimus Prime. The rest are just imposters.

While I agree with you, tell that to a hardcore Beast Wars fan.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #983
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Peter Cullen is the only Optimus Prime. The rest are just imposters.

As Hotwire says, try telling that to a Beast Wars fan, or an Armada Trilogy fan. Coincidentally, I agree with you, I love Cullen as Prime, on the other hand, I think 'Cullen = Prime' has been greatly unfluenced by the Live-Action movies. Before then I think Cullen was more like Kevin Conroy was to Batman, he was a favorite but far from the only actor people were willing to see play him.


Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-09-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #984
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
First of all the guy who voiced Starscream has been dead for a very long time, so I can shoot that expectation right down (the original voice for Ratchet, also dead). .
How about start quoting everything i said instead of what you want to put in bold cuz clearly you take me out of context...did you read right after the bold this post "as of now i could careless..the orig voice of prime is there and i think that is great, to me it's the ironic voice of prime...i really dont like hugh for megs but again at this point i can careless....just have a good voice for the characters and i'm good....love the voice for ratchet(movie verison) btw....."...see how that works...where did i ever say because of who Bay hired for voice actors, made me dislike the film?? and when i said movie version i mean BAY's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Second, before Bay even signed on there were rumors of Tom Hanks voicing Optimus Prime (it's true). So Bay wasn't the only person "thinking of other people". .
we are talking about bay's version, lets stick with the point here..who cares what was rumored to be...N.Cage was suppose to be superman..was he no...so your point is irrevelant.....we all know how studios have ideas as a movie is being formed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
. I know it's hard to understand but there are no rules to making a good superhero movie. You may have a problem with Bay's take, but it's not because he deviated (or in this case thought of deviating and then decided against it) from the "source material" (which in this case, is no more of a source than any of the others).
excuse me!!!? I dont know who you think you are talking to, but at no time have i articulated i never understood how "rules of making a good superhero movie" goes...i think you need to slow up and stop trying to insult my intelligence. We are having a debate, lets keep it respectful, you dont know me, so dont assume to know or feel you have a better understanding then i do about the issues or non issues of bay's TF version. OK thank you...i didnt like the movie plan n simple..it has nothing to do with bay i didnt like his take on the movie plan n simple. I have the right to voice my opinion i think you need to respect that.


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 10:34 AM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #985
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
makes sense

again I'm from the beast wars generation and I honestly wouldn't have any qualms with the optimus primal voice actor in the role it would lose a step or two in some areas but it would also gain a few.
I would have been fine with Garry in the part as well.But I do prefer Cullen.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #986
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
good call either way..
to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
1.That video serves to debunk your point if you can remember what it was.
2.That video is a fraction of the film. ..
how so...and i didnt watch the whole video..and a man getting drunk? His flirtations with a woman...again i didnt see the video, but onless i see R.Downey peeping on someone, or getting high I dont see where Iron Man took the same silly tone TF did with their comedy...sorry





Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think I as asking for the oh so offensive shot of balls on the screen that has us all up in arms. You of course referenced that the character said the word "Scrotum" whilst standing under a pair or wrecking balls and thus proved my point.

Cleavage on a gorilla is more offensive that what was presented in that scenario...but that's just semantics I guess.

I'd even give you people balls on optimus..
so i guess you missed the part when he was standing right under the robots balls as he made that statment, i guess others who have mention that scene and also reference them to robot balls where all wrong..i guess when Turtto made that comment he was wrong to....yeah i guess it is semantics..whatever man..seriously...look at it how you will...at this point it makes no difference to me how you truly feel about my points.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
considering the volume at which I've seen your name on the last two pages(without my provocation I may add) I can only assume you don't mean the rate at which I go about doing what I do but rather the purpose...
sigh.
yea..ahh yeah lets go with that.. however you see it and it makes you sleep at night...i have no problem with your views i think i have said that quite enough...maybe i'm reading what i type to you wrong..and you are taken offense to something or how i APPROACH this forum or debate...*shrugs shoulders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
this chime may be coming late but this hardly proves the argument that bay didn't want cullen or does it prove that the actor was forced upon him.

it merely enforces the notion that there was both fan outcry and support for the actor in question.

and it doesn't mean both directors have it out for the fans as seems to be the implication of this your thoughts pertaining to this article.

but for some reason this article proves bay does/did?

like I said, it irks me.
yea again i didnt use this article or link as to say it shares my EXACT view on the matter...i just brought something in here to say Bay at first didnt have the orig voice actors in mind for the film....and the "outcry" of fans or/and hasboro made Bay change his mind/give the orig voice actors a shot to aucition...i mean i think i have restated this over and over again..

what is irking you...isnt with me man..i dont know what your issue is but i think i commented on a statment that another poster said to be true..what's the issue? It's true..doesnt mean anything else other then m.bay didnt have the orig voice actors in mind

maybe i'm just not getting what yours and "optimus" issue is with that statement is..oh well i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
But, he originally had no intent to audition Cullen, and it was the fan base and Hasbro that convinced Bay to give Cullen an audition.
^^ still lost as to why this is such an issue with them..that link just reforced that fans had something to do with Cullen getting an audition....*shrugs shoulders*


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #987
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
we are talking about bay's version, lets stick with the point here..who cares what was rumored to be...N.Cage was suppose to be superman..was he no...so your point is irrevelant.....we all know how studios have ideas as a movie is being formed.
So people "thinking about Nicholas Cage" (even going so far as doing test footage, and green lighting the film with him attached) is irrelevant, but Bay "thinking of other options, but ultimately calling Cullen" is evidence he wanted nothing to do with him, and just wants to piss all over Transformers. Got it. Fantastic logic.


Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-09-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #988
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
^^ still lost as to why this is such an issue with them..that link just reforced that fans had something to do with Cullen getting an audition....*shrugs shoulders*
But really they didn't, and I don't see why this is hard for you to grasp. What about the fans of Gary Chalke? You're warping the facts as to imply Bay was forced to do something he didn't want to? Did you honestly expect Bay to know to cast Cullen from the word "go"?

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #989
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
So people "thinking about Nicholas Cage" (even going so far as doing test footage, and green lighting the film with him attached) is irrelevant, but Bay "thinking of other options, but ultimately calling Cullen" is evidence he wanted nothing to do with him, and just wants to piss all over Transformers. Got it. Fantastic logic.

it's "irrelevant" when we are on a TF forum talking about all things michael bay's tranformers, and how certain voice actors were cast for this film!!!!!! are u really not grasping that..not one person or let me just say..i did not say anyone from any TF version didn't have the right to voice their opinions, nor did i ever say this movie should of been made from a G1 point of view..did i say that..did you hear me say that? I keep asking you these type of questions and you avoid them only to keep doing the samething..

like what are you not getting..you commented on a statement that was made by a poster as to how the voice actor cullen was cast....i simple said it was true..how or who should have the right to discuss their version of TF never came up, how m.bay felt about working with the voice actors never came up..but you keep harping on all this stuff..like what are you reading exactly?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
But really they didn't, and I don't see why this is hard for you to grasp. What about the fans of Gary Chalke? You're warping the facts as to imply Bay was forced to do something he didn't want to? Did you honestly expect Bay to know to cast Cullen from the word "go"?

they didnt, but yet it has been mention now by a few diff. posters and the link also mention the samething..but to you...bay was never influenced by outside sources to cast the orig voice of prime.....

...ok buddy see what you will...again i have no idea where the fans of Gary Chalke were..maybe you should send out a search party and ask them why they didnt voice their opinions as well..i could careless at this point who voice who..i thnk i said that...but somehow you cont. to over look that...just wow man..just wow


and i never said he was forced into anything..i said he didnt have in mind the orig. voice actors but after fans and hasboro brought it to his attention abd he GAVE THEM A SHOT AND LIKE ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER..what is it about this statement you cant understand??

Seriously i'm done with you...you read what you want and put things into your own words..it's like dealing with the goverment or talking politics to a certain candidate party...oh my god!!!!!


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 12:16 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #990
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
it's "irrelevant" when we are on a TF forum talking about all things tranformers!!!!!! are u really not grasping this..not one person or let me just say..i did not say anyone from any TF version didn't have the right to voice their opinions, nor did i every say this movie should of been made from a G1 point of view..did i say that..did you hear me say that? I keep asking you these type of questions and you avoid them only to keep doing the same thing..

like what are you not getting..you commented on a statement that was made by a poster as to how the voice actor cullen was cast....i simple said it was true..how or who should have the right to discuss their version of TF never came up, how m.bay felt about working with the voice actors never came up..but you keep harping on all this stuff..like what are you reading exactly?????




they didnt but yet it has been mention now about two diff. posters and the link also brought in the fact the fans wanted Cullen to voice prime..but yet they didnt in your eyes...ok buddy see what you will...again i have no idea where the fans of Gary Chalke were..maybe you should send out a search party and ask them why they didnt voice their opinions..i could careless at this point who voice who..i thnk i said that...but some how you cont. to over look that...just wow man..just wow
They were on the internet just the same. I've seen them post, I've seen them request his return to series and movies, and I know of many, many fans who appreciate his work. Dude, while the movie was being filmed TheAllspark had a poll with ALL THREE VAs on it, and surprise, surprise Cullen wasn't the only one receiving votes.
Quote:
and i never said he was forced into anything..i said he didnt have in mind to have the orig. voice actors after fans and hasboro brought it to his attention..he GAVE THEM A SHOT AND LIKE ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER..what is it about this statement you cant understand??
That's exactly what you said
"didnt want the orig actors but hasbro and fans made him give the orig. actors a shot"

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #991
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
What episode did Charles Adler voice Cyclonus??

He did several characters in the G1 toon, but as far as I know Cyclonus was only voiced by Roger C. Carmel and Jack Angel.
For some reason I confused him with Jack Angel. Adler voiced Triggerhappy.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #992
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
They were on the internet just the same. I've seen them post, I've seen them request his return to series and movies, and I know of many, many fans who appreciate his work. Dude, while the movie was being filmed TheAllspark had a poll with ALL THREE VAs on it, and surprise, surprise Cullen wasn't the only one receiving votes."
^^what's your point..did anyone ever mention other voice actors..did anyone ever say no other voice actors shouldnt get a chance.....no they did not..we said how the orig. voice actors were not a thought for bay..that's it....i dont care about any of version getting a shot..if they did, cool..good for them...i'm not against any other verison....the statement was addressing cullen and welker..NO DISS TO ANY OTHER VERSION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
That's exactly what you said
"didnt want the orig actors but hasbro and fans made him give the orig. actors a shot"

how would you like me to say it so you wont be so offended..i think "sto" put it prefectly....."But, he originally had no intent to audition Cullen, and it was the fan base and Hasbro that convinced Bay to give Cullen an audition."

is that better for you???? Nobody said the fans made bay put Cullen in the movie....just think about cullen..i never said he was forced on bay to be in the movie..just think about cullen....how i word it should not be dwelled on..it doesnt matter how it was said..the point and main idea is still the same.....

bay wasnt thinking about them, and it was brought it his attention and he give them a chance to audition and he like Cullen and didnt like welker...there i'm offically finish debating with you now.

CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #993
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
how so...and i didnt watch the whole video..and a man getting drunk? His flirtations with a woman...again i didnt see the video, but onless i see R.Downey peeping on someone, or getting high I dont see where Iron Man took the same silly tone TF did with their comedy...sorry
A woman gets high unknowingly whilst visiting a college..this is somehow tasteless but tony stark glorifying alcohol isn't. Tony stark banging chicks left and right and overall objectifying women but a robot humping a girls leg is crossing the line?

The original point Optimus made was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime...
Also, the entire reason that the humor in the movie contained "weed" and "sex" is because the movie is rated PG-13 and the show was rated G.
to which you replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL...
so your telling me every PG-13 related movie went there with tasteless humor?? I would ask; did spiderman ever had people peeing on each other and weed brownies....
Even though I believe you missed his point entirely, the idea you presented that no PG13 genre movies have adult humor is debunked in the form of IronMan. And a stripper pole on a plane is hardly flirting with women...it's "Tasteless humor"

Quote:
so i guess you missed the part when he was standing right under the robots balls as he made that statment, i guess others who have mention that scene and also reference them to robot balls where all wrong..i guess when Turtto made that comment he was wrong to....yeah i guess it is semantics..whatever man..seriously...look at it how you will...at this point it makes no difference to me how you truly feel about my points.
I asked you very clearly where in the film were testicles shown on screen. you again pointed to the wrecking balls and a man calling them a scrotum. I see this a lot with Transformers hate, Broad statements that fall apart when truly addressed. Watch the end credits of the hangover and you will see an actual penis on screen.

Quote:
yea..ahh yeah lets go with that.. however you see it and it makes you sleep at night...i have no problem with your views i think i have said that quite enough...maybe i'm reading what i type to you wrong..and you are taken offense to something or how i APPROACH this forum or debate...*shrugs shoulders*
You clearly said you were disgusted by the way I defend bay on this forum, you later said it was the amount at which I do it that disgusts you.

Well you seem to be on here quite a bit bashing the film, does your theory not apply to you as well? Or is it as I originally assumed the fact that I'm defending the film and that was disgusting to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL...and yeah i never called your views disgusting..i said the rate or approach of how you are going about defending Bay is disgusting....


Quote:
yea again i didnt use this article or link as to say it shares my EXACT view on the matter...i just brought something in here to say Bay at first didnt have the orig voice actors in mind for the film....and the "outcry" of fans or/and hasboro made Bay change his mind/give the orig voice actors a shot to aucition...i mean i think i have restated this over and over again..
Where in the "proof" you provided does it state that bay wasn't going to audition these actors? The article simply states that there was a fan outcry for an actor, nothing more nothing less. Just seems like you are using evidence to draw the conclusions you want.

Quote:
what is irking you...isnt with me man..i dont know what your issue is but i think i commented on a statment that another poster said to be true..what's the issue? It's true..doesnt mean anything else other then m.bay didnt have the orig voice actors in mind
Again, all that article states is that there were fans for cullen.

Quote:
^^ still lost as to why this is such an issue with them..that link just re-forced that fans had something to do with Cullen getting an audition....*shrugs shoulders*
I'm personally not doubting that "MICHAEL BAY, THE MAN THAT COULD WIPE HIS ASS WITH THAT FAN BOYS THINK" probably didn't have cullen in mind(he probably thought he had passed away, like I did) I actually heard he had clooney in mind. I'm saying that your "proof" is not evidence of of your point.

it's just more of your opinions being presented as fact.

"oh my gosh, Michael bay just farted! That's how he feels about G1 and he metaphorically was farting in the face of all us fans.
OPINION.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.

Last edited by Marvin; 03-09-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Marvin is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #994
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,498
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Moreover CEREBRAL
for someone who speaks constantly about respect you sure go about the ad hominem a lot.

Relax friend.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #995
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
^^what's your point..did anyone ever mention other voice actors..did anyone ever say no other voice actors shouldnt get a chance.....no they did not..we said how the orig. voice actors were not a thought for bay..that's it....i dont care about any of version getting a shot..if they did, cool..good for them...i'm not against any other verison....the statement was addressing cullen and welker..NO DISS TO ANY OTHER VERSION!!!
I'm not saying you are dissing one version over the other, I'm merely pointing out that just because certain fans want Cullen it doesn't therefore conclude that they caused that person to be cast. Take a former point made here about Henry Cavill, Christian Bale and Robert Downey Jr. for example. All three actors were suggested for those roles by fans before the movies were made. All three actors were not necessarily the only three actors who would've gotten those roles. The fact that those directors (Snyder, Nolan and Jon Favreau) had or have had other people audition for those roles doesn't assume they were slapping fans in the face. Nor does it assume somehow if it weren't for the fans those people would've never been considered.
Quote:
how would you like me to say it so you wont be so offended..i think "sto" put it prefectly....."But, he originally had no intent to audition Cullen, and it was the fan base and Hasbro that convinced Bay to give Cullen an audition."

is that better for you???? Nobody said the fans made bay put Cullen in the movie....just think about cullen..i never said he was forced on bay to be in the movie..just think about cullen....how i word it should not be dwelled on..it doesnt matter how it was said..the point and main idea is still the same.....

bay wasnt thinking about them, and it was brought it his attention and he give them a chance to audition and he like Cullen and didnt like welker...there i'm offically finish debating with you now.
The whole point of a casting session is to sell yourself for a role, just like a job interview. Would it matter to any of my employees if they found out someone else had reccommended them to me as an applicant? That I hadn't telepathically come to realize they existed, and called them personally to offer them the job, no questions asked? That was my point about "Inside Baseball". I'm fully aware of who I'd cast as Prime (Cullen) if I was directing a Transformers movie. Convienently though I'm a Transformers fan who grew up in the 1980s, therefore it's only natural I'd choose Cullen. Michael Bay was nearly 20 when the first Transformers came out, I couldn't name popular cartoon's voice actors from when I was 20. I've been too concerned with vaginas and money since I was 13 to notice.

Cullen went through the same process which landed him the role in the cartoon initially. If you read Cullen's interviews Bay was asking him "whether he only did voice acting" or "how he came up with the voice". It's pretty clear Bay had little idea of who he was, and I honestly don't understand why this surprises so many people. Transformers is a niche' fanbase. It's not like Star Wars, where a lot of the mythos is a major piece of pop culture.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #996
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
A woman gets high unknowingly whilst visiting a college..this is somehow tasteless but tony stark glorifying alcohol isn't. Tony stark banging chicks left and right and overall objectifying women but a robot humping a girls leg is crossing the line?.
Was there an issue to the humor in Ironman? Was there issues for the humor of TF? Answer that question and there you have it, if you dont like the answer or the reality of it...continue to fight anyone and everyone on their view of the movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The original point Optimus made was


to which you replied



Even though I believe you missed his point entirely, the idea you presented that no PG13 genre movies have adult humor is debunked in the form of IronMan. And a stripper pole on a plane is hardly flirting with women...it's "Tasteless humor"
I never said no PG13 movie wouldnt have any adult humor or content to it, did the massives or all who opose of the TFs humor viewed Iron Man's humor *insert comic book movie* the same way??? obviously not so you tell me why that is...ok..the reality is the TF humor was tasteless in a lot of viewers eyes...sorry they didnt view it the way you did..what more do you want me to say...i'm pretty sure adult content would be display in these type of movies..but there's a way to do it, and assuming how TFs humor got bad views, i'm sure they did it wrong..sorry it is what it is..

and it's not the simply fact of having adult content, it's how the adult content was displayed or chose to be shown....sorry if you just dont get it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I asked you very clearly where in the film were testicles shown on screen. you again pointed to the wrecking balls and a man calling them a scrotum. I see this a lot with Transformers hate, Broad statements that fall apart when truly addressed. Watch the end credits of the hangover and you will see an actual penis on screen. "
^^^ you are the only one who didnt see what that TF scene was suppose to repesent...i guess everyone who has commented on it and have viewed it the same way are all wrong according to you......in bold i find laughable..your one person who claims that scene didnt have any respesenatation to males body part..even though the character hisself of the scene refer them to a male's body part..but according to you that's not true..ok bud....


as far as everything esle, i will apologize for saying anything you said on here disgust me, other then that..i'm sure i kept it respectful and in this thread we're talking about things posters didnt like in the movie..sorry you dont like that..but your on here just as much as i am...and i'm doing what the thread is about...you wanna call it bashing or hating..go right ahead man

but i think i have stayed respectful to every poster in here..sorry you dont see it that way..but i don't think i have broken any rules..you respond to me i respond to you..

i dont see what i need to relax about. who said i'm not relaxed. You have your way of posting, i have mine.

and i think the whole story about how the casting went down is pretty truthful...at this point if it doesnt sit well with anyone go do your own research on it..i do recall what "sto" spoke about when the first film was created....if you dont see it that way, that's honestly your problem..but doesnt make the event not true...


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 03:39 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #997
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I'm merely pointing out that just because certain fans want Cullen it doesn't therefore conclude that they caused that person to be cast. .

^^i dont think i have ever said Cullen was casted because of the fans...i went out of my way to say cullen got the audition, the audition, the chance to "sell yourself for a role, just like a job interview according to you...i never once applied cullen is in the film because of the fans, i dont think "sto" was implying that either...all we said was during the first film M.Bay didnt think about adding Cullen to the cast..thats' it...i said it over and over again..i know how these films and their fans react to these films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
The whole point of a casting session is to sell yourself for a role, just like a job interview. Would it matter to any of my employees if they found out someone else had reccommended them to me as an applicant? That I hadn't telepathically come to realize they existed, and called them personally to offer them the job, no questions asked? That was my point about "Inside Baseball". I'm fully aware of who I'd cast as Prime (Cullen) if I was directing a Transformers movie. Convienently though I'm a Transformers fan who grew up in the 1980s, therefore it's only natural I'd choose Cullen. .
^^this is my point with you..why do you feel the need to tell me how casting session go??? I'm a grown man i know how they go? I did not say at any point Cullen was force in by the fans, simple as that. I dont get why you went into how casting sessions goes..at the end of the day it was up to Bay whether he wanted Cullen there or not..."stov" said that..and he chose him for whatever his reason was...but he just wasn't part of the orig idea in Bays head..simple as that..i just dont get where you are going with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Michael Bay was nearly 20 when the first Transformers came out, I couldn't name popular cartoon's voice actors from when I was 20. I've been too concerned with vaginas and money since I was 13 to notice.

Cullen went through the same process which landed him the role in the cartoon initially. If you read Cullen's interviews Bay was asking him "whether he only did voice acting" or "how he came up with the voice". It's pretty clear Bay had little idea of who he was, and I honestly don't understand why this surprises so many people. Transformers is a niche' fanbase. It's not like Star Wars, where a lot of the mythos is a major piece of pop culture.
^^^again i just dont understand whats the point to all this at this point of the back n forth. i'm sure Cullen has done other things, other then cartoon and yes i read his interview...

it should never matter to you the passion of fans to certain genre..."tranformers is a niche fanbase" that's your opinion. Why try to debunk the passion of fans..if the fans like transformers then let them do so, i dont think it should matter if the fanbase isn't like star wars, or batman so to speak..there's enough of a fan base to care about what they see on screen..that's good enough..after alll..there's no rules to being a fan right???

and transformers is very much a pop culture..1980s culture..have you ever watch vh1 I like the 80s...the whole point of the show is to talk about the culture at that time, and transformers as part of the popular 80s cartoons had been mention, just because you see it as a "silly" toy line...doesn't mean it's not more then that to other people....


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 03:34 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #998
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Hound was actually never seen on that shuttle.

As for ROTF, I would have done away with the Mystical aspect of the story, or written it so that it was more vague.
Yeah and Sunstreaker was seen with Kup earlier in the film. Hound could've been in another part of the ship, or something. He was seen when Optimus was leaving it, however, the movie was riddled with those types of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
really man..you're gonna compare what was in the movie to the sillyness that was in a cartoon!!!?..so your telling me every PG-13 related movie went there with tasteless humor??
Not to condense too much of what you said, but this was your basic response.

No, I never once said that all PG-13 need to have tasteless humor I simply offered an explanation for why Bay's movies have them and the show does not. I would also say that tasteless humor could have a place in a movie like Transformers whether you think it does or not. For example, when Ratchet says "[it appears] the male wishes to mate with the female" that was tasteless but I laughed and I can see Ratchet saying something like that so cool beans. On the other hand I don't think I would've done the ball joke with Devestator. I saw that as unnecessary, and didn't find it particularly funny. I'm not defending the awkwardness of Devestator's scrotum, but I am saying the cartoon had it's share of awkward humor as well. It's not an afront to the cartoon to put that kind of humor in there, I think it's merits rest more on whether it makes you laugh and smile than whether it's anti-Transformers.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #999
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
it should never matter to you the passion of fans of certain genre..."tranformers is a niche fanbase" that's your opinion.
No, it's not. The amount of money Transformers generated before the film was no where near some of your larger properties like Star Wars, Star Trek and Marvel Comics Heroes. I mean BotCon is a cool convention and all, I've been, but compare that crowd to the crowd at an average Star Wars convention pre-2004. No contest.
Quote:
Why try to debunk the passion of fans..if the fans like transformers then let them do so, i dont think it should matter if the fanbase isn't like star wars, or bat man so to speak..there's enough of a fan base to care about what they see on screen..that's good enough..after calll..there's no rules to being a fan right???
I think you miss my point. If Bay was doing a movie about Barack Obama imagine if he didn't know who his wife was, or thought she was white, because the knowledge is so common to most Americans that you'd have to be borderline insane not to know Michelle Obama. With Transformers though you have something that is special to a relatively small number of people, and most people in films won't have that much knowledge about it. Stephen Speilberg admittedly knew nothing about Transformers, and said he really only knew them because of the toys.
Quote:
and transformers is very much a pop culture..1980s culture..have u ever watch vh1 I like the 80s...the whole point of the show is to talk about the culture at that time, and transformers as part of the popular 80s cartoon had been mention, just because you see it as a "silly" toy line...doesn't mean it's not more then that to other people....
VH1 "I love the 80s" barely mentioned Transformers. I seem to remember they choose Quickswitch as their toy prop too. Most people will recognize Yoda, Luke, Leia, Vader and Obi-Wan on sight. Most people will remember that space is "the final frontier". Most people, however, think of Keanu Reeves when you say "The Matrix", and most people wouldn't know Shockwave and Grimlock from a hole in the ground. The movies have pushed them tremendously into the public eye. Before then, you definitely would've been a nerd if you knew Optimus Prime and Megatron.


Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-09-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #1000
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
No, I never once said that all PG-13 need to have tasteless humor I simply offered an explanation for why Bay's movies have them and the show does not. I would also say that tasteless humor could have a place in a movie like Transformers whether you think it does or not. For example, when Ratchet says "[it appears] the male wishes to mate with the female" that was tasteless but I laughed and I can see Ratchet saying something like that so cool beans. .

I understand, i made that comment not to say eveything in the movie that had any adult content was tasteless...and i gave examples as what was looked at by many as tasteless...not everything in there was tasteless...but seeing the dog hump everything, all the time, like why, what's the purpose of that..or seeing bumble bee pull his cap off and spread oil on tutturo to indicated peeing on him..like why, what's the point??....that's all i'm saying..i think some of the comedy went overboard for no reason. what ratchet said was fine to me..i didnt see anything wrong or offensive..to it...he actually said it like i figured a robot would..but he didnt keep talking about sex...that would of been over the top and what i mean by being tasteless..like why would he need to keep talking about..for example...in a TF movie, like what's the place for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
On the other hand I don't think I would've done the ball joke with Devestator. I saw that as unnecessary, and didn't find it particularly funny. I'm not defending the awkwardness of Devestator's scrotum, but I am saying the cartoon had it's share of awkward humor as well. It's not an afront to the cartoon to put that kind of humor in there, I think it's merits rest more on whether it makes you laugh and smile than whether it's anti-Transformers.
according to martin this did not happened...i'm sure the cartoon had awkward humor, and sillyness...i'm just saying the humor and tone of the cartoon was alot diff then the movie and shouldnt be compared.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
No, it's not. The amount of money Transformers generated before the film was no where near some of your larger properties like Star Wars, Star Trek and Marvel Comics Heroes. I mean BotCon is a cool convention and all, I've been, but compare that crowd to the crowd at an average Star Wars convention pre-2004. No contest.

VH1 "I love the 80s" barely mentioned Transformers. I seem to remember they choose Quickswitch as their toy prop too. Most people will recognize Yoda, Luke, Leia, Vader and Obi-Wan on sight. Most people will remember that space is "the final frontier". Most people, however, think of Keanu Reeves when you say "The Matrix", and most people wouldn't know Shockwave and Grimlock from a hole in the ground. The movies have pushed them tremendously into the public eye. Before then, you definitely would've been a nerd if you knew Optimus Prime and Megatron.
you are entitle to your opinion on the niche thing, and TF was mentio...i seen it..and recall it being mention....i dont know what esle to tell you about it.


Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 03-09-2011 at 04:01 PM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.