The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 03-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #51
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
nothing you say from here on out is to be taken seriously.
Most fanboys respond this way whenever someone disagrees with them.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #52
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post

Th Funny story is even though I **** on G1 my entire collection is G1 (Not pictured: Omega Supreme, Windsweeper, Thunderwing, Skullgrin, Iguanus, and most of the rest of them...Trailbreaker is missing to I think)
Holy Cow that is impressive!!! Bloody hell just look at how Fortress Maximus towers above Metroplex!

And I see that you haven't got Devastator assembled either.

Last edited by FVD; 03-15-2011 at 04:01 AM.
FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #53
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
Holy Cow that is impressive!!! Bloody hell just look at how Fortress Maximus towers above Metroplex!

And I see that you haven't got Devastator assembled either.
Devestator is G2. I've never bothered to get the G1, although I've been meaning to. He can combine though and I have most (if not all) of his individual guns. The most complete combiner I have is Piranacon. I have all the Seacons, and their stands, and their weapons. Also, my Predaking is mint, and I kept the box! (Proud I did that, it's a Japanese one). My favorite in the bunch (not pictured) is a mint but removed from box (with box) God Ginrai and (mint in box) Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Starscream, Soundwave and Prowl.

Back when I was young my uncle used to go to Japan, so we could pay him to pick some up for me every now and then. My Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Starscream, Predaking, God Ginrai, Prowl, Bluestreak, Soundwave and many of my minibots are all Japanese. I keep a list for insurance purposes and I've never bought but a few non G1 Transformers. I also bought all of Machine Wars. I also have a Sky Garry (I imagine only Stov will know who that was). My most recent purchase was Darkmount. I don't collect anymore, but how was I to know they'd wait until I was an adult to make Straxus from Marvel Transformers #17-19. I have every G1 comic and DVD as well. I also have the Star TV Dub complete on my computer (those are great high).

My Megatron is complete to, but lacks the sword he came with in Japan.

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-15-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #54
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:

Th Funny story is even though I **** on G1 my entire collection is G1 (Not pictured: Omega Supreme, Windsweeper, Thunderwing, Skullgrin, Iguanus, and most of the rest of them...Trailbreaker is missing to I think)
Cool collection! Ever check out customized Transformers?

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #55
roach
I am the night

i probably had as many when I tested them as a kid for Hasbro

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #56
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Cool collection! Ever check out customized Transformers?
Yeah, lol, all the time. I think it's cool people do that stuff. Some of them are incredibly well built. I work in manufacturing and sometimes I see them and go "damn! I want to hire that guy". Some guy made a to scale Metroplex, which I think stands 6 feet tall or something .

I tried it myself when I was much younger, as a result I wasted some Transformers I would've otherwise liked to have kept . Good thing Hasbro/Takara started re-issuing so I can get some back!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
roach
I am the night

i bought my first Transformers(in a long time) the other day when i couldnt pass a Hotrod/Cyclonus twopack that came with a minuture die cast matrix

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #58
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i bought my first Transformers(in a long time) the other day when i couldnt pass a Hotrod/Cyclonus twopack that came with a minuture die cast matrix
For all that I have I don't own a Matrix, I don't own a Matrix, but I did buy Henkei Cyclonus as Cyclonus is my favorite Decepticon next to Starscream.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #59
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I also have a Sky Garry (I imagine only Stov will know who that was).
I've always wanted one.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #60
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
I've always wanted one.
Honestly, it's a holy grail item, visually kind neat looking but otherwise a blocky piece of sh**. His alt mode is basically lying down.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #61
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, it's a holy grail item, visually kind neat looking but otherwise a blocky piece of sh**. His alt mode is basically lying down.
I know, but I still want one.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #62
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
I know, but I still want one.
The funniest thing about collecting before the internet was huge was I had literally no idea what certain characters looked like before I bought them. Before I got Kup and Hot Rod, all I had seen was their animation models, same with Springer. Sky Garry was a complete accident. Just a Christmas present I got because I already had both Powermaster Prime and God Ginrai, so we went with him instead. It was a few years before I found out who he was exactly.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #63
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
The funniest thing about collecting before the internet was huge was I had literally no idea what certain characters looked like before I bought them. Before I got Kup and Hot Rod, all I had seen was their animation models, same with Springer. Sky Garry was a complete accident. Just a Christmas present I got because I already had both Powermaster Prime and God Ginrai, so we went with him instead. It was a few years before I found out who he was exactly.
Yeah, I had a similar thing with Leo Convoy.

I was buying Japanese imports from China Town NYC for years, never knowing who the characters were.

I bought Leo just because it had a Optimus looking face.Not to mention all the other BW2 and Neo figures I picked up with no clue to who the characters were.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 03-15-2011 at 12:45 PM.
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #64
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, I had a similar thing with Leo Convoy.

I was buying Japanese imports from China Town NYC for years, never knowing who the characters were.

I bought Leo just because it had a Optimus looking face.
I travelled to New York several times and did this. The store has an internet website now, but I forget what it's called it has been so long.

Thing is I'd sell you my Sky Garry but sadly he's had a rough life . Seeing as he was never my favorite he became the officially "red shirt" of my Autobots, and got the crap beaten out of him numerous times. Poor Sky Garry. You think my Optimus and Rodimus would've wised up after a while and stopped sending his accident prone a** on missions, because typically they'd attack the ark right after they knocked him into a coma.

It didn't help Sky Garry's case that I knew a guy named "Gary" and hated him.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #65
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I travelled to New York several times and did this. The store has an internet website now, but I forget what it's called it has been so long.

Thing is I'd sell you my Sky Garry but sadly he's had a rough life . Seeing as he was never my favorite he became the officially "red shirt" of my Autobots, and got the crap beaten out of him numerous times. Poor Sky Garry. You think my Optimus and Rodimus would've wised up after a while and stopped sending his accident prone a** on missions, because typically they'd attack the ark right after they knocked him into a coma.

It didn't help Sky Garry's case that I knew a guy named "Gary" and hated him.

You just made my day with that story.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #66
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:

You just made my day with that story.
I treated my Transformers as if they were the characters from the show. For example, my Metroplex was notoriously hurt (not in actuality, he'd just be stuck in Base Mode), and left the minibots and sometimes the Protectobots to fend off Typticon. Powermaster Prime and Scorponok frequently teamed up as well to protect the Nebulans from Megatron. Also, occasionally my Optimus would die and I literally would not play with him until I decided he was to come back, he could stay in his box for months at a time (which, I dunno, could've been eons in toy years). I might've been a little ahead of the curve though because my Transformers had ZERO human companions that were not Nebulan Headmasters or Targetmasters. The coolest thing I ever did was had Hot Rod and Kup land on the Alien planet from the Aliens series. I bought a few of them because I liked the movies, and come to think of it that would be a *****in' story because Aliens can get as tall as their host is (the space jockey is about Transformer size). Sky Garry definitely suffered by not having a cartoon analogue. Him and the many Gobots mistakenly bought for me.

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-15-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #67
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I treated my Transformers as if they were the characters from the show. For example, my Metroplex was notoriously hurt (not in actuality, he'd just be stuck in Base Mode), and left the minibots and sometimes the Protectobots to fend off Typticon. Powermaster Prime and Scorponok frequently teamed up as well to protect the Nebulans from Megatron. Also, occasionally my Optimus would die and I literally would not play with him until I decided he was to come back, he could stay in his box for months at a time (which, I dunno, could've been eons in toy years). I might've been a little ahead of the curve though because my Transformers had ZERO human companions that were not Nebulan Headmasters or Targetmasters. The coolest thing I ever did was had Hot Rod and Kup land on the Alien planet from the Aliens series. I bought a few of them because I liked the movies, and come to think of it that would be a *****in' story because Aliens can get as tall as their host is (the space jockey is about Transformer size). Sky Garry definitely suffered by not having a cartoon analogue. Him and the many Gobots mistakenly bought for me.
kool imagination

Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #68
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
kool imagination
I'm sure my adult brain is making more of it than it actually was. I'm better at doing the voices now than I would've been then.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #69
roach
I am the night

I cant imagine how your Toy Story would have turned out

Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #70
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I cant imagine how your Toy Story would have turned out
I wrote a few fan fictions way back when. I'll have to try and find some. My favorite was a story I wrote called "Blast from the Past" where the Autobots test Transwarp tech for the first time. Perceptor, during a Decepticon ambush, accidentally sends Hot Rod, Nightbeat and Backstreet through a time warp landing them in Autobot City during the events of Transformers: The Movie. Hot Rod, being the only one with any recollection, stops himself from interfering with Prime and Megatron. Prime survives and also spares Megatron's life. Megatron then kicks Starscreams body into space, and Unicron finds him instead.

Hot Rod returns to his own time to find the planet Earth wiped out, and all but a few Autobots left alive. Starscream possesses the Matrix and now goes by Thunderwing.

He is Unicron's minion, and has taken Earth for himself after Unicron devoured Cybertron. However now, because he's who he is, he wants to usurp Unicron (Megatron having been killed). Hot Rod defeats Starscream, retrieves the Matrix and using it to repair the time stream. He returns with the knowledge that as Rodimus he made a difference, and was worthwhile as leader of the Autobots.

Started a script for that, but didn't finish. It was part of a continuation of the G1 series.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #71
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
nothing you say from here on out is to be taken seriously.
David Kaye's Megatron is infinitely better. Not only was the personality more dynamic than the "dime story supervillain" Frank Welker played, but he wasn't an incompetent boob like G1 Megatron was. G1 Megatron had, to my knowledge, accomplished three things during his tenure on the cartoon. He got the Autobots kicked off planet with a horribly stupid video that made it look like the Autobots had been framing the Decepticons -- ya'know nevermind all the eye witnesses, and threats from the Decepticons all those past years. I guess it helped that every human in G1 was a complete moron. He managed to temporarily teleport Cybertron into Earth's orbit, an act that undoubtibly would've destroyed both planets, and probably Megatron with it. Then somehow, while the cameras were off he did managed to put the Autobots on the defensive during the time between season 2 and the movie, however even that accomplishment ended in his "death" and the Decepticons were left on the burned out planet of Char shortly thereafter. I won't hold him accountible for Galvatron since it's unclear how much, if any, of Megatron exists within Galvatron's spark (although he did seem to remember Optimus).

As for Beast Wars Megatron, he's an evil, and noble genius. First, G1 Megatron would've never potentially sacrificed his own existence distorting the time space continuum by killing Optimus Prime while in hibernation on the Ark. While he was ultimately unsuccessful, that took some balls. Then he quietly manages to take over Cybertron, and wipe out all individual Transformers -- Maximal and Predacon -- and create a nearly unquestioning army of Vehicons. Then, over a short period of time he is able to physically take over the planet, even going so far as creating a giant head of himself so he can basically become Cybertron. BW Megatron not only accomplished quite a lot in a relatively short period of time, his goals and aspirations were far beyond anything his "forefather" ever conceived of doing.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #72
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Ugh we need some news, or at least a trailer.

Avengers-Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #73
Cyclonus
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wow, now seeing that image takes me back to my childhood. Nice collection man. Hey fellas now we just need to email this image to Bay so he can know who are some of the characters are in Transformers,lol.

Cyclonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #74
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirUpThere View Post
Ugh we need some news, or at least a trailer.
With Sucker Punch apparently.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #75
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah a badly dubbed clip with Welker's voice against footage of the movie is a **** example. Sorry.

Even still I prefer Welker's voice. Kurtzman and Orci also wanted Welker for the role which is why they got him the job in Transformers: Prime.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote