The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #76
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I disagree. Weaving is fantastic as Megatron. His voice really suits his beastly appearence. When he broke free in TF1 i was really scared because of the build up to that point.

How old are you?

This is a grown man speaking, yes?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #77
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
How old are you?

This is a grown man speaking, yes?
Oh come on, i might have been exaggerating a bit, but they really played up his scariness as opposed to any other robot in the movie. He was monstrous in every way. But no i wasnt actually scared of him or Heath's Joker, but i would call them scary.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #78
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yeah a badly dubbed clip with Welker's voice against footage of the movie is a **** example. Sorry.

Even still I prefer Welker's voice. Kurtzman and Orci also wanted Welker for the role which is why they got him the job in Transformers: Prime.
David Kaye was just so much better, I just can't agree with anyone who claims Welker made that character. There's so many subtlies to Kaye's voice, he really becomes that character. Welker on the other hand just sounds bland IMO. His Megatron was, more or less, a Doctor Doom. You could've interchanged his voice with many, if not all villains. I rewatched More Than Meets the Eye this weekend, and Cullen blew me away with how much heart and soul he put into Optimus, but Welker...meh. Soundwave and Starscream stood out a lot more IMO. Even Prowl, who slowly became a C-Lister, seemed to have a more iconic voice. The only character I can't detach Welker's voice from is Freddy from Scooby-Doo (apparently no one else can either), I think he's even said that was his favorite character to voice.

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 03-21-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #79
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Welker's was G1 Megatron though. Kaye is a descendant of the original. Its a completely different character set in the same universe as the original. Just like Gary Chalk's Optimus Prime.

It was so stupid that Soundwave was in the second movie and they didn't even give his voice it's most interesting and distinctive quality. That sort of reverberated, synthesizer computer sound. It sounded like Welker his Darkseid voice.

Welker wasn't in War for Cybertron, but they still made Soundwave sound like Soundwave.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #80
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Welker voiced Darkseid? When?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #81
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Welker's was G1 Megatron though. Kaye is a descendant of the original. Its a completely different character set in the same universe as the original. Just like Gary Chalk's Optimus Prime.
Actually your incorrect on both.

Gary Chalk's "Optimus Prime" is a different character set in a different universe universe then the original.[The Unicron Triligy Universe]

And Kaye's Megatron is a descendant of the G1 Decepticons....but not a direct descendant of G1 Megatron.

Quote:
Welker voiced Darkseid? When?
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show

Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #82
Mr. Earle
Banned User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is him right? He does a pretty good Darkseid! Of course my favourite will always be Michael Ironside.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #83
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is him right? He does a pretty good Darkseid! Of course my favourite will always be Michael Ironside.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
yep, thats Welker....same voice he usede as DR Klaw from Inspector Gadget.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #84
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #85
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #86
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
As Stov_Vo_Kor said, none of this is true. Kaye's Megatron may have or may have not been a descendant of G1 Megatron. They seem to indicate he's not. I suppose that could change. It doesn't really matter though because the Bayverse is not G1, just like Armada is not G1. It's the same kind of reboot mentality that's been prevailent since the inception of the series. There is no more reason they have to use Welker in the movie than having to use Michael Bell to voice Prowl in Animated. I gather you don't or haven't followed Transformers for a while, it's best to think of each new character as a new character, even if they have re-assigned names.

That said, this has little to do with my point. My point was Welker simply did not, IMO, seem as iconic as Megatron as David Kaye did. I think you'd find most TF fans would agree with me on that.
Quote:
It was so stupid that Soundwave was in the second movie and they didn't even give his voice it's most interesting and distinctive quality. That sort of reverberated, synthesizer computer sound. It sounded like Welker his Darkseid voice.
Actually Soundwave is basically his Dr. Klaw (who sounds a lot like his Darkseid I suppose) voice put through a synthesizer. Yeah, an odd choice not to do it, but, yup, that was the voice for sure. He even used the synthesizer-less voice once in season 3, sound just like that.
Quote:
Welker wasn't in War for Cybertron, but they still made Soundwave sound like Soundwave.
They did.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #87
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah and to me its the defining characteristic of Soundwave that makes him Soundwave. I don't like Animated anyway so it doesn't really matter to me that they didn't do it in Animated. Animated is done and over with.

Quote:
Actually your incorrect on both.

Gary Chalk's "Optimus Prime" is a different character set in a different universe universe then the original.[The Unicron Triligy Universe]

And Kaye's Megatron is a descendant of the G1 Decepticons....but not a direct descendant of G1 Megatron.
No I'm not. Beast Wars/Beast Machines Saga is set in G1 canon. Optimus Primal I mean is a descendant of the original. Also they are freaking robots. Beast Wars/Machines Megatron is a descendant of the original Megatron/Decepticons whatever. It's not like robots freaking mate and have robot babies. That's not how reproduction works in Transformers-ville. The Decepticons were referred to as the "ancestors" of the Predacons. The Autobots were the ancestors of the Maximals.

I have followed Transformers for a while. And I just hate the movies because they are awful. I won't ever embrace what Michael Bay does.

- CM Punk
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #88
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
No I'm not.
Yes you are.

Quote:
Beast Wars/Beast Machines Saga is set in G1 canon.
Thats not the part I said you were wrong about.

Quote:
Optimus Primal I mean is a descendant of the original.
Correct, but thats not what you said.

You said "Optimus Prime"

In other words, what you ment was not what you said.

What you said was wrong.

So, you were wrong.

Quote:
Also they are freaking robots. Beast Wars/Machines Megatron is a descendant of the original Megatron/Decepticons whatever.
Actually the BW characters are "CYBORGS" not robots.Did you even follow the series?

Quote:
It's not like robots freaking mate and have robot babies.
Actually thats open to debate in this case. Besides, there are more then 1 way for these characters to have offspring.

The G2 comics, which BTW the Beast Wars creators borrowed from, showed us TF's having "children" asexually by way of cell division or "budding".

Quote:
That's not how reproduction works in Transformers-ville.
in your opinion

Fact is there is ample evidence that TF's, at least in the Beast era, do have sex of some type, thou it may not be for reproduction.

Quote:
The Decepticons were referred to as the "ancestors" of the Predacons. The Autobots were the ancestors of the Maximals.
Correct
Quote:
I have followed Transformers for a while. And I just hate the movies because they are awful. I won't ever embrace what Michael Bay does.
your welcome to your opinion.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #89
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'm not wrong. You are wrong. Cyborgs are defined as having biological material which the characters didn't really have until Beast Machines. Either way, robots cyborgs same things. They were referred to many times in G1 as robots. So what's good for the producers and writers are good for me.

- CM Punk
Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #90
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

Quote:
Either way, robots cyborgs same things.
Wrong, Cyborgs and Robots are not the same thing.

I'd assume Transformers are robots. That's what I've always refereed to them as, but I'm not THAT well versed in the Transformers Mythos.

powerbomb1411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 AM   #91
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Whatever its ****ing semantics anyway.

I call them robots. Autonomous cybernetic beings. Transformers. What the **** ever floats your boat.

Even by these alternate sources there is no evidence to support that the robots mate and make robot babies from robot pregnancies. They do not MATE and make robot babies. Now there are male and female robots and apparently they share mutual love and have these suggestive relationships. But then in Car Robots/Robots in Disguise you have Sideburn only being attracted to freaking red sports cars that have no spark or autonomous programming. Sideburn can't knock up a freaking sportscar and make a baby Autobot.

- CM Punk
Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #92
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not wrong. You are wrong.
You were wrong,multible times now, and I have not been.

Before when you claimed "Gary Chalk's Optimus Prime its a completely different character set in the same universe as the original"

Fact is, Gary's "Optimus Prime" is from the Unicron Trilogy Universe.

Now you may have meant "Gary's Optimus Primal" but thats not what you said.

What you said was wrong.

Its ok to admit that.

Quote:
Cyborgs are defined as having biological material which the characters didn't really have until Beast Machines.
You are wrong again.

A "Cyborg" is defined as a a being with both biological and technological (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts.

From day one of the Beast Wars the characters adopted organic shells to protect them selfs from the raw energon fields on the planet.

And these shells were real organic materials which were integrated into their systems..

Quote:
Either way, robots cyborgs same things.
No, they arent exactly the same thing.

Quote:
They were referred to many times in G1 as robots.
And you and I were talking about the characters of the Beast era....not G1.

Quote:
Whatever its ****ing semantics anyway.
No its not, you just werent being accurate.
Quote:
I call them robots. Autonomous cybernetic beings. Transformers. What the **** ever floats your boat.
And if we were talking G1 you would have been right.

Since we were talking Beast Wars, you were not accurate.
Quote:
Even by these alternate sources there is no evidence to support that the robots mate and make robot babies from robot pregnancies.
Your wrong again.

In both the main G1 source and Alternate G1 source [Japanese series] there is evidence to "SUGGEST" that TF's may be capable of mating and producing children.

One G1 Wheelie's back stories hints at the idea by claiming he and his "parents" crashed on Quintessa when he was a young child.

The second is more explicit: At the end of the Japanese Victory manga we find out that Deathsaurus and his Decepticons have been fighting all this time for the sake of their/the families living, among which the Dinoforce's children.

And for the record, the Dinoforce were a team of pretender Transformers.

Quote:
They do not MATE and make robot babies.
There is evidence to suggest they might.

Maybe you should do some research into the topic before you post such erroneous statements.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 03-22-2011 at 08:39 AM.
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #93
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbomb1411 View Post
Wrong, Cyborgs and Robots are not the same thing.

I'd assume Transformers are robots. That's what I've always refereed to them as, but I'm not THAT well versed in the Transformers Mythos.
Most Transformers are robots.....althou not all are artificial.

The Beast Era characters [story wise] started out as robots, but when they got to earth they adopted organic shells to protect them selfs.

This made them "Cyborgs".

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #94
chaseter
Bland User

Soft animal flesh on the outside to protect hard mechanical bodies? Chamon.

They did it to conceal themselves. As soon as they landed they took on the forms of the indigenous wild life. I don't know how a raptor, 10 foot spider, T-Rex, 10 foot scorpion, 10 foot wasp, 10 foot rat, and a huge gorilla was concealing themselves but alas...it was a children's show and I watched every episode.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #95
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
It's not like robots freaking mate and have robot babies.
Actually, they do, kind of. Or we know [some] of them are capable of reproduction. Liege Maximo, the forefather of the Decepticons, could and did reproduce, albeit more selectively than others. There were 13 original Transformers, and they gave rise to the entire "species". Although the details are far from fleshed out, Transformers do reproduce.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #96
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Soft animal flesh on the outside to protect hard mechanical bodies? Chamon.

They did it to conceal themselves. As soon as they landed they took on the forms of the indigenous wild life. I don't know how a raptor, 10 foot spider, T-Rex, 10 foot scorpion, 10 foot wasp, 10 foot rat, and a huge gorilla was concealing themselves but alas...it was a children's show and I watched every episode.
It wasn't for concealment, or that wasn't the main reason. The main reason was to protect themselves from the raw energon.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #97
chaseter
Bland User

It's been forever since I have seen the show...although I don't know how they can produce organic skin. I am putting too much thought into a children's show.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #98
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It's been forever since I have seen the show...although I don't know how they can produce organic skin. I am putting too much thought into a children's show.
I'm not sure the Beast Wars era characters are described as "Cyborgs", or at least the argument is more or less semantics. The Maximals and Predacons were no different from Autobots and Decepticons when they arrived, aside from the fact that they were more fuel efficient and smaller. They covered themselves in animal "skins", but the shows a tad fuzzy on how organic they became. Spotlight: Shockwave touched on this a bit when they had the Dinobots go to Earth and adopt the hide of Dinosaurs to protect themselves. Shockwave completely blasted it off and they went into statis lock, and underneath the hide was their classic toy appearances which acted as an exoskeleton.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #99
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

SUGGESTIONS. Show actual proof not SUGGESTIONS.

- CM Punk
Old 03-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #100
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
SUGGESTIONS. Show actual proof not SUGGESTIONS.
Proof of what? Transformers reproducing? (These are both canon)
- In the image below it's been suggested that the yellow robot must be Prima.

Liege Maximo describes Megatron as an "offspring"