The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #76
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Default Re: Batman After Nolan

The hobbit was gonna happen. It was based off a book, bound to happen.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #77
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Th Confused Re: Batman After Nolan

I didn't say we didn't feel the Hobbit wasn't going to ever get made... I said we were afraid NZ wasn't going to get it (to make it here). You seem to be refuting just for the sake of it.

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #78
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Well, point still stands. The day keaton comes back to Batman is the day Sam Raimi remakes spider-man

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #79
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

I see your point, I don't think that it will happen either (as much as I'd love to see it). However, reprising roles happens. It is possible. Sean Connery left the Bond role and then came back in the 80s. He was never supposed to be Bond again. To say it will never happen is just guesswork, however correct you may end up being later on.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #80
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Fanboy wishing. that's all this is.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #81
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Well yes it's all speculation. No one has agreed yet to make The Dark Knight Returns. My instinct tells me it's 50/50 on whether it will ever get made at all, let alone with Keaton. Although Uslan's comment to me and my co-workers left me with a raised eyebrow.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #82
Bruce_Wayne29
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by baerrtt View Post
WB would never have Keaton reprise his Batman role on the big screen. I'm don't want to be mean but the guy had his shot at playing the role 20 years ago. Batman, as far as the adaptations go, should continue moving forward.
Warner Bros. came back to Keaton for Batman and Robin and even to what was initially the original project for Batman 5. Confirmed by Keaton himself in past interviews. So if they came back to him after Kilmer and Clooney, why wouldn't they come back to him for DKR ?
The only opposition would be Bale but he would only do the movie probably if it was directed by Nolan.

Bruce_Wayne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #83
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne29 View Post
So if they came back to him after Kilmer and Clooney, why wouldn't they come back to him for DKR ?
The only opposition would be Bale but he would only do the movie probably if it was directed by Nolan.
Mike Uslan said exactly as much to me, if I caught his drift as you guys say. If that movie was ever to be made, you'd have to cast someone who already played Batman.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #84
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

I think they should have a trilogy of adventures with batman and robin

First Film: Dick Grayson parents death; becomes robin; First battle with a classic villain

Second Film: Dick Becomes Nightwing, Introduce Jason Tood, Death at end of film. Villain is Joker(since he killed Jason)

Third: Introduce tim drake, Main villain is red hood.

And maybe many other films to follow

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #85
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

I would rather just see Keaton as a cameo.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #86
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Make it happen!

Last edited by Mister Meddle; 01-17-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Mister Meddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #87
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From AICN:
Could Darren Aronofsky make the next BATMAN film after the Nolan Trilogy?

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #88
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
Make it happen!

HA! Well done.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #89
Micah12345
Side-Kick

I had no idea he was a fan of the character! I've been longing for an aronofsky bat-film, but was sure it wasn't a possibility since he's doing wolverine.

Well at least we'll get to see how he handles a big action movie before he gets his hands on batman.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #90
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #91
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Really? No love at all? I thought I did a pretty good job in 30 minutes...

Old 01-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #92
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

^^ That's a cool poster. Batman looks kind of creepy in there (in a good way).

Mister Meddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #93
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah12345 View Post
I had no idea he was a fan of the character! I've been longing for an aronofsky bat-film, but was sure it wasn't a possibility since he's doing wolverine.

Well at least we'll get to see how he handles a big action movie before he gets his hands on batman.

From io9:
Darren Aronofsky's Batman reboot idea coming to comics — and then possibly movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Jane Anders
Now that Darren Aronofsky's dipping his toe into superhero cinema with The Wolverine, he's also returning to his abandoned idea for a Batman film. It'll be a comic, but Aronofsky hints it could still turn into a movie eventually.

You might think that Aronofsky's take on Batman has already been a comic book — since it was based on Frank Miller's foundational Batman: Year One. But Aronofsky's version takes a lot of liberties with the concept, way beyond what Miller did, and he's planning to turn it into a graphic novel, the same way he did with his original concept for The Fountain. Talking to Clothes On Film, Aronofsky says:
Quote:
It hasn't really been announced, I don't know if I should give you the scoop! But we're getting there. We're doing a comic book of a script that's really hard to make and we're going to do a comic version first and see what happens… It seems like if you come up with an original script, in Hollywood it's not as effective as a comic book. It doesn't even have to be successful as a comic; I mean how successful were Kick-Ass or Scott Pilgrim? Those were fringe comics, right, and they were basically turned in to big pictures.
So it sounds like Aronofsky's comic book version of his Batman storyline would be a movie pitch in graphic-novel form, aimed at getting him the Bat-gig after Christopher Nolan's third and final movie, The Dark Knight Rises.

So what would Aronofsky's comic and possible movie be about? Not that much is known, but a website called DC on Film did a fairly detailed script review in 2005, which is still available at Archive.org.

Among other things, Bruce flees after his parents are murdered, and goes to live above a car garage with Big Al, and his son Little Al. Big Al eventually dies, and Little Al becomes Bruce's mentor and the "Alfred" figure. Bruce turns a Lincoln Continental into his Batmobile, but he doesn't really set out to be a bat — he disguises himself first with a scar, then with a hockey mask and cape. He is hitting criminals with his father's old signet ring, leaving the initials "TW" on their faces — but everybody thinks this looks like a bat-shape, and they start calling him the Batman. So he finally decides to go with it and dress like a bat. We meet Harvey Dent and Selina Kyle before they become Two-Face and Catwoman, and also glimpse the Joker. Despite these differences, some scenes and strands are lifted directly from Miller's graphic novel.

So it'll be interesting to see if Aronofsky can make this into a graphic novel so compelling, Warner Bros. will be dying to realize it on film. A lot probably depends on how successful The Wolverine is, of course.
[Clothes on Film]
From AICN Aug 09, 2001:
Spooky reviews 1st draft of Aronofsky & Frank Miller's BATMAN YEAR ONE screenplay!!!
"GORDON HAS A BEER AND CHEETS ON HIS WIFE!!"

Old 01-23-2011, 02:14 AM   #94
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

I think it would be cool to have him as a continuation director after Nolan, i dont like the idea of Batman begins 2. People say well spiderman is doing it, yes they are. But Spiderman in theory is doing what Batman did with Begins, reinventing itself, so i don't really feel like that is a good route to go. Also it would be nice to see some other newer villains. Leave the Joker, catwoman, and two face alone they have been done two much, bring in new guys also a jim carey less riddler would be a nice surprise as well. Im just saying you can only reinvent a movie series so many time before the average person looks and goes wait havent we seen this before?

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #95
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

The idea doesn't sound nearly as interesting as some of the already existing "Elseworld" takes on Batman.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #96
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Hero Complex:
Justice League, the movie? Warner chief sets sights on team-up film and ‘reinventing’ Batman
Quote:
Ben Fritz sat down with top Warner Bros. executive Jeff Robinov for a profile piece that ran Tuesday in the Los Angeles Times Business section. Fritz also brought back this Hero Complex report on the future of key DC Comics properties at the studio.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #97
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Motion Captured:
Rumors persist about a 'Justice League' in 2013 and now a 'Batman' reboot as well?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #98
truth
Banned User

Keaton for a Batman standalone film. I VOTE FOR THAT!

truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #99
weezerspider
Side-Kick

I say reboot it with Justice League. Have a more comic book style series with the Batman from the Justice League film. No origin, have Batman be well established in his crime fighting career.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #100
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
I say reboot it with Justice League. Have a more comic book style series with the Batman from the Justice League film. No origin, have Batman be well established in his crime fighting career.
To be rebooted or sequeled as a superhero group movie is maybe the biggest disservice to any superhero. Reboot Batman being a fraction of a group where everyone is more powerful than him and has to share screentime and focus. No thanks.

But i wouldn't mind a more comic booky and already stablished Batman movie as a reboot.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote