The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #376
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: Should "Man of Steel" lead into a "Justice League" movie?

It would kinda pi$$ me off if they do have multiple batmen/supermen onscreen after the last JL was partly canned for that very reason.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #377
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
When did he say this?
It was in an interview before TDK came out. I don't remember his specific words, but that was the gist of it. I'm sure you can find the video of it online if you do some digging.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #378
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Hahaha I just think Bruce would despise Superman in the begining. You work and train your whole life to become the ultimate badass, and this guy comes along and surpasses anything you could've imagined. That's a hard pill to swallow for Batman.
Yeah, that is true. I could see some animosity there to start with. It would be funny if just some normal, working class, average joe then walked into the scene, tapped Batman on the shoulder and said, "Yeah, well... look Bruce, maybe we'd all have spent our lives training ourselves to wage a war on crime, but then, we all don't have a private jet, 20 different cars and a couple billion dollars at our disposal."

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #379
DoctorJackstraw
Abnormal Drug Trafficker

Part of what ruined Iron Man 2 for me is that it relied so heavily on promoting the upcoming Avengers film that it forgot to make a movie in itself. The little callbacks to other heroes was cute at first, now it's just annoying and each film feels like a lesser story in order to advance one big one. I'd rather each film that contained a JL member be it's own franchise, then when a JL film comes along THEN it would feel immense and big time seeing all these difference individual franchises come together in one film.

DoctorJackstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #380
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
It would kinda pi$$ me off if they do have multiple batmen/supermen onscreen after the last JL was partly canned for that very reason.
I think they canned JL because the dark knight made the money it did. If you really think about it, batman begins didnt light the box office on fire, there was no predicting TDK would have turned out the way it did, plus SR failed to meet their expectations. JL seemed like a last ditch effort because they felt their heroes couldnt make the spider-man numbers.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #381
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJackstraw View Post
Part of what ruined Iron Man 2 for me is that it relied so heavily on promoting the upcoming Avengers film that it forgot to make a movie in itself. The little callbacks to other heroes was cute at first, now it's just annoying and each film feels like a lesser story in order to advance one big one. I'd rather each film that contained a JL member be it's own franchise, then when a JL film comes along THEN it would feel immense and big time seeing all these difference individual franchises come together in one film.
Agreed. Iron Man 2 was a mess partially because it was a promotion for upcoming movies that diluted the main story into nothingness. Oh how I'd hate a SupŤrman movie that's not focused on the main character but how the main character is gong to be part fo something else.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #382
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

might as well lead into justice league.. a hero teamup is way past due.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #383
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
might as well lead into justice league.. a hero teamup is way past due.
Really? When was it due on?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #384
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Superhero Day

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #385
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm all for a Justice League movie, but keep the Warner execs out of it. If Warner really wants a JLA movie turn the whole thing over to DC and Legendary Pictures and let them promote it and produce it.

While it remains to be seen if the Avengers effort will be successfull, the efforts of Marvel Studios has been successful because they did everything as a small venture. Now they have Disney to give them financial backing, without having to worry that every film would be blockbuster like Iron Man.

Warner has the money to back the thing, but they should take a clue from Disney. They are letting Marvel run the show.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #386
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
35 minutes ago.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #387
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I was re-reading the old Variety article about the Siegel and Shuster lawsuit. The last line said this, when talking about the use of the Superman character:

Quote:
If they want to get a new "Superman" or even "Justice League" pic featuring the superhero, Warner Bros. and DC will be forced to go into production by 2011.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007269?refCatId=13

Does this have anything to do with why Robinov seems to be rushing the release of a JL movie?

Also:

Quote:
The heirs of Siegel have already been awarded half the copyright for Superman. And in 2013 the heirs of co-creator Joe Shuster get the remaining half. After that, neither DC Comics nor Warner Bros will be able to use Superman without a financial agreement with the heirs.
Quote:
Warner Bros has to be careful, very careful, not to piss off the Superman fans who are steadfastly in the Shuster and Siegal corners. The studio recently put Warner Bros veteran executive Diane Nelson as the head of DC Entertainment Inc, that new company founded to fully realize and integrate the power and value of the DC Comics brand and characters across all media and platforms into Warner Bros Entertainment's content and distribution businesses. Nelson especially was charged with suping up Superman again in a way fans like because it's way too valuable a property to leave dormant like this.
Quote:
At issue is the future generation of Superman movies, television programs, and comics would be placed at risk. The lawsuit asks the Court to confirm DCís ownership of Superman rights, put an end to Toberoff's activity allegedly interfering with the rights, and clear the way for all new Superman productions in the future. DC claims it filed this lawsuit only after exhaustive attempts to resolve these matters failed.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/shoc...rights-lawyer/

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #388
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Willi, really it's just a question of money. DC's not going to give up their flagship character. All that's going to happen is WB will pony up some cash to the Siegel and Shuster families.

I believe the Kirby family had a similar lawsuit against Marvel, but I think it was settled out of court.

I think Robinov is rushing the release, because he is looking at dollar signs rather than trying to produce something of quality. While Marvel hasn't been successful in all their endeavours, and while they made mistakes along the way, even their worst effort wasn't on par with the sillyness of Batman and Robin.

I think DC/Warner had a good thing with the Nolan/Batman thing, and while his Batman wouldn't lend well to a Justice League movie, there are numerous versions of Batman that would work.

I'd say if they want to do a Justice League movie, they don't even have to do a setup ala Marvel. They could just do a JLA movie.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #389
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Willi, really it's just a question of money.

I think Robinov is rushing the release, because he is looking at dollar signs rather than trying to produce something of quality.

I'd say if they want to do a Justice League movie, they don't even have to do a setup ala Marvel. They could just do a JLA movie.
Right and why let shared universes and actor availability get in the way. They want Superman thriving at Warner in every incarnation. That also proves to the Siegels and Shusters and everyone else that Superman is a very profitable, viable part of the company.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #390
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I was re-reading the old Variety article about the Siegel and Shuster lawsuit. The last line said this, when talking about the use of the Superman character:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007269?refCatId=13

Does this have anything to do with why Robinov seems to be rushing the release of a JL movie?

Also:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/shoc...rights-lawyer/
Even if Justice League goes into production now, it still has to be released next year for the lawsuit to not have any affect. They've begun production now, so it will have as little affect as possible. But the reason they are rushing is because they need to start earning money. But the $iegel and $huster heir$ will sell back Superman and get royalties because their Superman would be nothing compared to the one we have now.

I don't see this can't be shared universe? Am I the only one who feels this way?

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #391
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

I don't see this can't be shared universe? Am I the only one who feels this way?
You mean, shared universe but just with different actors? That could work.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #392
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

they shouldn't go and say this JLA film will stand on it's own, it's only going to piss off plenty of fans...myself included

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #393
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
You mean, shared universe but just with different actors? That could work.
Exactly. The series' can then be produced side-by-side.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #394
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
35 minutes ago.
Oh snap!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #395
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
they shouldn't go and say this JLA film will stand on it's own, it's only going to piss off plenty of fans...myself included
If they want a "shared universe" ala the MCU, then they need to give it more than two years. Between Iron Man 1 and when Avengers will release has been 4 years, and they will have made 5 MCU movies in that time frame.

Assuming GL is part of the (DCCU?) they really need to allow time for the Superman movie, and whatever new incarnation of Batman to take place before hand, if they're going to have a shared universe.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #396
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

i wish there were a way you could put threads on ignore, hehe.....i don't even wanna think about a Justice League movie.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #397
John Creese

Brandon Routh for Jla.

John Creese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #398
Wheels
The Guy

As I've said before, if they cast Routh, then they might aswell use Burton's take on Batman. That way you can tie JLA to Burton/Donner and Cavll could still be this era's Superman. Otherwise I would keep the same actors.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote