The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

Okay I've already talked about Elfman's Batman scores in the 25th anniversary music box thread in this section of the Batman forums. I wanted to continue to talk about Elfman's other scores in the box set. I've listened to six scores so far all in order. I'm going to talk about ES and TBTNBC today.

Just like Beetlejuice and Elfman's two Batman scores. Edward Scissorhands has the original album tracks (excluding Tom Jones' "With these Hands" song) with improved sound. As well as some music that's never been released from the film and synth mock ups and worktapes by Elfman. Bonus cues mostly deal with Edward and Kim's theme. Which is nice. I think it's still missing some music. Like that nice intro that plays over the Fox logo at the beginning of the film.
And this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I think that's original music written for the trailer by Elfman and not cut and paste music from the film. I would've loved to of heard it on the music box album of this. I think Mars Attacks' MB album included Elfman's trailer music as well as the LLLCD release of it.

Anyways the synth demos and worktapes were good. Especially his synth demo of "Ice dance" which once again sounds exactly like the film version via synthesisers. I enjoyed the MB album of ES a lot.

TBTNBC is more of an expanded album than it is a reissue of the original 1993 album with bonus tracks added at the end of the album. The bonus tracks of the score are included in the score in chronological order as the film. So it's a little bit different than the original album. Meaning that the original 1993 album is already in chronological order but doesn't have the bonus tracks that the MB version have. So it's presented a little bit different than rest of the albums. He didn't include any worktapes or synth demos on this album probably b/c there wasn't enough room to put it. On that particular cd at least. But I've already heard synth demos of some of the songs on a 2006 reissue of the album. Plus the synth demo are included on another disc in this box. Oh and the "Christmas Eve Montage" is extended and can now be heard in it's entirety on this album. Also Elfman put back in the singing Elves in the "What's This ?" song. Overall I enjoy this version a lot since it has more cues than the original 1993 album. I think it might be missing a little bit of tracks. Though very little. I'm happy with this album as well.

Hopefully I'll be able to listen to Mars Attacks! and Sleepy Hollow tonight.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote