http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/...n-earth-one-2/

pspring5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #28
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Default Re: The Opening Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
this is how the movie should start (keep in mind the tone of the opening to the latest Star Trek movie while reading this)...

Cue TITLE SCREEN
Birthright opening still kicks ass every time I read it.

I still feel the title screen should be at the end of the movie like how it is for the Nolan Batman movies. A part of me even wishes that that would be the norm for all movies featuring the big guns of DCU from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That woukd rock, infact I love how that scene cointinues with the image of the ship turning into a bullet imagine that done in film
Seriously, just thinking about that in Snydervision is enough to make me excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring5 View Post
Earth One is better
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:59 AM   #29
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring5 View Post
I found Earth One incredibly boring, if they recaptured that mood on screen I would not be happy.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #30
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Plane sequence overdone? I dunno, but I have an idea in mind that would be fun.

Opening scene:

A tribal group is running through a jungle. They are screaming in chaos, pointing to the sky. A plane is crashing right towards them, trees are getting torn down and you can see it happening right behind them as they are running. All the sudden when the plane is dragging and scratching across the surface of the ground, with debris flying everywhere, the camera pans to the back of the plane... We see Clark Kent holding on to the back of it.

He has actually been slowing it down with burners flickering off and on right in his face, burning holes in his shirt. The plane comes to a stop. The tribal members have subtitles "A God has saved us!" Clark Kent surprises everyone and speaks their language "I'm just a man." He scans the inside of the plane, the pilot is alright. He blows the fire out. He hears the sounds of jeeps coming and he looks back. All of the sudden he looks up, nods his head at the tribe and takes off for flight to avoid questioning.

Last edited by Zack Snyder; 04-25-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Zack Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #31
Sabaoth
Master

Opening scene:

Zod and Ursa land on earth a la Terminator (the original movie) and start destroying everything.

Sabaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #32
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
this is how the movie should start (keep in mind the tone of the opening to the latest Star Trek movie while reading this)...

Cue TITLE SCREEN
Done up with the type of visuals and productions that should go into this feature, that'd be ****ing great. I'd definitely like for Krypton to be incorporated into a cold open. Then maybe cutting to present day, since IIRC, flashbacks are rumored to be used for a non-linear presentation.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

For I,

For the opening scene I want SM to punch something, very, very, hard, then cut to the Africa scene.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote